Stress-Free PoE w/ RIGHTEOUS INCINERATOR! Relax, SSF League Start-End w/ “Any” Items & 1-Button|3.17

"
Spoiler
Diving deeper into this build now that i am up to red maps. Looking at your FireRegen character's gear as linked. Looks like you dropped Void Sphere for Frostbomb. Care to comment?
Hey, samite_alchemist!

Maybe you're thinking or referring to the last league's version of the build? I switched the guide from Void Sphere to Frost Bomb before 3.17 launched (I think). I love both skills honestly. I think both are good fits. I was just getting annoyed with the life regen on some of the bosses. So, though we lose the crowd control of Void Sphere, we don't have as much boss progress lost when Maven or Metamorphs show up.

Does that answer your question?
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
hello all !

first of all i'd like to thanks WOF for this great build, i'm fan of your builds and their smooth playstyle, i think i tried them all xD

i've a question for this one, well not really a specific question but maybe some general thoughts. i play SSF and i felt really lucky because i dropped some good mods very soon so leveling was pretty eazy (for beginners, i strongly advice ashcaller btw)

but now, i'm on the first red maps and i die a lot; i dont know if the problem is my tankiness or if it's because it take me too much time to kill ennemies ?

anyway, if some nice guys can have a look on my build this will be very useful for me because i dont know what to do and what to look for

ps : there is a little bug on my build, my set up is on the second weapon set

thanks a lot !
"
pat_hibulaire wrote:
Spoiler
hello all !

first of all i'd like to thanks WOF for this great build, i'm fan of your builds and their smooth playstyle, i think i tried them all xD

i've a question for this one, well not really a specific question but maybe some general thoughts. i play SSF and i felt really lucky because i dropped some good mods very soon so leveling was pretty eazy (for beginners, i strongly advice ashcaller btw)

but now, i'm on the first red maps and i die a lot; i dont know if the problem is my tankiness or if it's because it take me too much time to kill ennemies ?

anyway, if some nice guys can have a look on my build this will be very useful for me because i dont know what to do and what to look for

ps : there is a little bug on my build, my set up is on the second weapon set

thanks a lot !
Hey pat_hibulaire!

That's really kind of you to say! I'm glad you've enjoyed the builds in the past. I'm sorry you're hitting a wall with this one.

I honestly couldn't see anything wrong with the build. You've followed the gems and tree well, and even have better gear than I do in some places. So, without seeing anything but that, my guess is one of two things:

1) It could just be a bad combo of maps mods. I'm not sure how many builds you've played this league, but this is the first league we're getting used to our Atlas Passive Tree, along with also the new addition of map mods. Sometimes map mods look innocent but the combo of them is surprisingly insane. That coupled with the new power of the Atlas Passive Tree can make things nuts. Now, obviously, characters need to be able to handle that, but like any good RPG, each build will have its pros and cons for what it's good at. RF builds tend to need to be a bit pickier with mods. (Now, considering the list of your characters, this isn't new news to you. But I figured I'd throw it out there just in case.

2) This build actually benefits from standing still. If you can leech in one place, your CwDT spells will help you stand still longer. It's kind of counterintuitive to be in danger and standstill in the middle of danger to "save yourself", but the build does function that way. That playstyle isn't natural to me, so sometimes I find myself running around only holding Enduring Cry and I find I miss out on the rest the build offers. (Leech will really improve with a 5-link, whenever that comes along for you.)

Again, both of those things aren't new to you, but they're the only things I can think of when the build is built properly, with decent gear, but somehow struggling.

Does that help at all? I may have missed something, but things look solid from my end.

Thanks again for the kind words. Sorry I couldn't help specifically.

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
hello WoF and thanks for the replay ! you actually helped me a lot

1/ this is my first build on this league and i didnt notice that there were some new mods for maps, i checked on previous pages and note some deadly mods, i think that will help me, i'll try and keep you inform

2/ about the standing still gameplay, i have to say that i'm a runing everywhere player xD
the thing is that i had lots of regen mod in the past, and then i noticed that it was no more needed to sustain RF, and i also noticed that on your build you dont have lots of regen mode, so i cut them for more flat life, so now i think my life regen is not huge and i dont know if i can use this standing playstyle

for instance i've some equipement in my stash with 50/60 life + regen, do you advice me to put them on my gear instead of pieces with 80 life flat and no regen ? maybe it's better with this standing still play style no ?

thanks again and dont worry, this wall i'm hitting now is part of the fun !

"
pat_hibulaire wrote:
Spoiler
hello WoF and thanks for the replay ! you actually helped me a lot

1/ this is my first build on this league and i didnt notice that there were some new mods for maps, i checked on previous pages and note some deadly mods, i think that will help me, i'll try and keep you inform

2/ about the standing still gameplay, i have to say that i'm a runing everywhere player xD
the thing is that i had lots of regen mod in the past, and then i noticed that it was no more needed to sustain RF, and i also noticed that on your build you dont have lots of regen mode, so i cut them for more flat life, so now i think my life regen is not huge and i dont know if i can use this standing playstyle

for instance i've some equipement in my stash with 50/60 life + regen, do you advice me to put them on my gear instead of pieces with 80 life flat and no regen ? maybe it's better with this standing still play style no ?

thanks again and dont worry, this wall i'm hitting now is part of the fun !
Ok. Awesome. I'm glad the reply helped a bit.

Don't feel like you have to change your gameplay for this build. I mean, obviously, feel free to try and expand your comfort zone a bit with the "standing still" style. But if you find you just aren't into that, what you can do is make RF your 5/6-link (which you don't have yet) and then replace Incinerate completely with something like...Cyclone (level 1)-Life on Hit Support-Cast while Channelling-Blade Vortex (level 1)). You could also do, Cyclone (level 1)-Life on Hit Support-Cast when Damage Taken-Summon Holy Relic.

The first setup gives you life on hit for both Cyclone and Blade Vortex, which is tons. The second setup gives life on hit and then the life regen from Holy Relic. Both of course get rid of a ton of "single-target" DPS, but it does let the build be a lot more forgiving in regards to dangerous situations.

In regards to life regen mods vs. flat life, there isn't a wrong choice (with the example you gave me). They both help in their own way. Increasing more max life increases your % life regen, while flat life regen improves with nodes like Hearty (on the tree). But neither will be make or break in your circumstance.

I'm glad you have a good attitude towards the game. I'm glad you're enjoying the process!

Annnnnd

another question re:gear enchants
Trigger Commandment of Flames/Light on Hit.

Does "on hit" enchant work with incinerate?

and does "on kill" enchant work with both incinerate and RF?
thanks a lot for all this advices WoF, i will try the standing still with incinerate and if i have troubles, switch the ones you told me

i will keep you inform xD
"
meansofacess wrote:
Spoiler
another question re:gear enchants
Trigger Commandment of Flames/Light on Hit.

Does "on hit" enchant work with incinerate?

and does "on kill" enchant work with both incinerate and RF?
Good job asking, meansofacess!

Does "on hit" enchant work with incinerate? Yes

and does "on kill" enchant work with both incinerate and RF? Yes

This game can get pretty convoluted with mechanical interactions. Ask whatever you like!

Annnnnd

So. This post is gonna be a tad weird. I started this league what feels like 10 years ago using this build, it was very good and as with all of Wrecker_of_Days' builds it served as a great starting build for the league and to help familiarize me with the concepts. Figured I'd go as far as I could then post my final items and stuff here as a fun thing. Unfortunately as the league went on and I got better gear, specific items, the entire build kept needing to mutate to keep up.

For the first time ever this league I both A. Hit level 100, and B. Got 40/40 challenges complete. Went back and forth and decided I'll still share things to display an extreme example of what this build turned into for me. Definitely not things you would start off with though, probably not much use in that regard.

Big notes are that the build maintained only being a few buttons. Specifically Enduring Cry on left click, Flame Dash on middle click, then Flame Wall on right click. Ended up swapping to Flame Wall because it's Phantasmal variant causes Exposure that scales with gem quality, which by the end the gem was level 20 (+3) quality 20 (+62). Not a typo. As such it inflicted Fire Exposure -41% improved to -46% with Fire Mastery. Due to how damage works that is kinda silly.

All that is to say I maintained a very simple playstyle that could be done with only one hand and my very ADD mind. By the end I was so tanky I could just sit inside Sirius' meteor maze and eat the hit entirely.

If you are interested in my skill tree and gear, hitting level 100 has the huge perk of adding me to poe.ninja's build search. So here is the link that has everything you could want to know about where I ended up:

https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds/char/ElementalNimbus/RoombaNemesis

And here is my Path of Building stats with a picture of the crazy giant 40/40 trophy:

As always thanks for the guides! I always enjoy them and they really help me get into the game and find a playstyle that actually works for me. I also hope at least someone finds the above information / links interesting!

Let me know if you have any questions or anything, I'd love to help out if anyone needs end game tips.
"
Spoiler
So. This post is gonna be a tad weird. I started this league what feels like 10 years ago using this build, it was very good and as with all of Wrecker_of_Days' builds it served as a great starting build for the league and to help familiarize me with the concepts. Figured I'd go as far as I could then post my final items and stuff here as a fun thing. Unfortunately as the league went on and I got better gear, specific items, the entire build kept needing to mutate to keep up.

For the first time ever this league I both A. Hit level 100, and B. Got 40/40 challenges complete. Went back and forth and decided I'll still share things to display an extreme example of what this build turned into for me. Definitely not things you would start off with though, probably not much use in that regard.

Big notes are that the build maintained only being a few buttons. Specifically Enduring Cry on left click, Flame Dash on middle click, then Flame Wall on right click. Ended up swapping to Flame Wall because it's Phantasmal variant causes Exposure that scales with gem quality, which by the end the gem was level 20 (+3) quality 20 (+62). Not a typo. As such it inflicted Fire Exposure -41% improved to -46% with Fire Mastery. Due to how damage works that is kinda silly.

All that is to say I maintained a very simple playstyle that could be done with only one hand and my very ADD mind. By the end I was so tanky I could just sit inside Sirius' meteor maze and eat the hit entirely.

If you are interested in my skill tree and gear, hitting level 100 has the huge perk of adding me to poe.ninja's build search. So here is the link that has everything you could want to know about where I ended up:

https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds/char/ElementalNimbus/RoombaNemesis

And here is my Path of Building stats with a picture of the crazy giant 40/40 trophy:

As always thanks for the guides! I always enjoy them and they really help me get into the game and find a playstyle that actually works for me. I also hope at least someone finds the above information / links interesting!

Let me know if you have any questions or anything, I'd love to help out if anyone needs end game tips.
Amazing job, ElementalNimbus! 100 and 40/40! Neither is a small feat! Great job getting both! I appreciate the kind words and praise, but obviously, this achievement is all you! Great job! I took a look at your character, that's amazing stuff you have there! Nice job earning it and making it work! (Love the picture too. Awesome trophy and stats!

Thanks for posting.

Annnnnd

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info