Stress-Free PoE w/ RIGHTEOUS INCINERATOR! Relax, SSF League Start-End w/ “Any” Items & 1-Button|3.17

Its actually possible to TURN OFF righteous fire !!
I found this out accidentally, I have a flask of healing with the modifier "Removes all burning when used". It stopped RF !! - and this means I can use it already at lv 40 (where I am now) :-)
Playing only Righteous Fire.
Used to play only Singed in LOL : canonlysinged
"
Nojil wrote:
Spoiler
I’m loving the build but just hit 75 and I’m getting wrecked in maps? Any advice
Sorry you're getting wrecked, Nojil. That could be for 1100 different reasons in this game. If you log onto the PoE website and make yoru Character Tab public, I'll be able to take a look at your character and see what's going on.
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
"
dalwand wrote:
Spoiler
Its actually possible to TURN OFF righteous fire !!
I found this out accidentally, I have a flask of healing with the modifier "Removes all burning when used". It stopped RF !! - and this means I can use it already at lv 40 (where I am now) :-)
It's neat hey, dalwand? It's a nice lifesaver in a harsh map (to turn off RF and let the life regen take over).

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
I actually had to not use RF in my second Labryinth. I could already sustain it against the regular game and not have a problem due to some lucky items, but trying to run Righteous Fire in Labryinth turned out to be a big no-no for me. I'm not too good at avoiding the traps so I got melted when I was taking trap damage and didn't have the life regen that was taken by RF being on. So, I just ran the whole thing with Incinerate and it was super easy once I figured that out.

As for Oak, I ended up just asking for help in chat, but next time around I'll try doing some different support gems.

For now, I've just entered Maps and am Level 72. I'm doing okay on T1 and T2 for now, but I am planning on doing my third set of Ascendancy later and see if that helps, as I'm struggling on T3+ with all the damage I'm taking.

My profile is public if you have time to look and tell me if I'm doing something horribly wrong to myself that's causing the Maps struggle.

Thanks again!
"
McXanatos wrote:
Spoiler
I actually had to not use RF in my second Labryinth. I could already sustain it against the regular game and not have a problem due to some lucky items, but trying to run Righteous Fire in Labryinth turned out to be a big no-no for me. I'm not too good at avoiding the traps so I got melted when I was taking trap damage and didn't have the life regen that was taken by RF being on. So, I just ran the whole thing with Incinerate and it was super easy once I figured that out.

As for Oak, I ended up just asking for help in chat, but next time around I'll try doing some different support gems.

For now, I've just entered Maps and am Level 72. I'm doing okay on T1 and T2 for now, but I am planning on doing my third set of Ascendancy later and see if that helps, as I'm struggling on T3+ with all the damage I'm taking.

My profile is public if you have time to look and tell me if I'm doing something horribly wrong to myself that's causing the Maps struggle.

Thanks again!
Thanks for opening up the character tab for me, McXanatos!

You have done really well with your gems and tree! Nice work. I think the issue is your elemental resists. You're 59% and 29% for cold and lightning resists respectively. Your fire and chaos resists are awesome though! I think you'll find a HUGE difference in your mapping experience once all three elemental resists are maxed out. To me, though I LOVE a capped chaos resistance, I'm happy with anything over 0%.

You'll find a huge boost in damage with the last two ascendancy nodes as well. So hang in there until you're fully ascended.

It's totally a game of RNG. So just hang in there. Eventually, the resists will come.

Annnnnd

Let me start by saying as a full SSF player (off and on since around Perandus/Talisman) this build is really enjoyable to play and I've achieved a bunch of PoE firsts for me with it this league although they probably don't seem significant to many players. First time to 92 with the final 3rd of 90, 91, and 92 being straight delving. Previous high was 90 with the witch-golem version of this build a year ago. First time to complete a corrupted rare T16 (previously T11, maybe 12). First time to 100 maps/atlas passives. I was able to beat Black Star using ~4 portals and one-shot Infinite Hunger (better geared). I also managed to beat Baran and Al-Hezmin although Veritania bested me (rare Kirac map, couldn't run it white).

For leveling, I ran a witch to Lioneye's Watch and muled a Purifying Flame and used it linked to 2-3 supports, a herald, stone golem and Vitality. That took me to between 45 and 50 when I was able to sustain RF with minimal need for life flasks (I ran two life, quicksilver, ruby, and granite until maps). I found a Death Rush ring early (onslaught on kill) and I'm STILL using that for ZoomZoom while clearing maps (partly because I haven't had a single vermillion drop). Then Honourhome helmet dropped maybe in the 50s/60s and I don't think that I can replace that until I get a burning damage elder helmet because the +2 to RF is SO good.

Once I switched to a quartz flask that uses-on-full (so I never get stuck in a pack of monsters), mapping was about as smooth as I've ever experienced up through all the yellows, and then a body armor dropped with 140 life, 10% life, 20% cold res, 50 life regen and I bench crafted another 7% life/mana on it. I'm SSF and not socket currency rich so I bench crafted five sockets and harvest crafted five links (still don't have a risk-free way to get this to 6 links). Then apparently my luck came through and without any planning my Syndicate at all (was just using it for more mobs/loot/unveil crafts) I got a Leo exalt and just decided to slam it, got additional 4% phys reduction.

I feel like my two worst enemies right now are fairly low single target DPS but mostly my total lack of knowledge of the mechanics of bosses/mobs (example: I had no idea there was a kill order for the Vaal Temple bosses).

At this point my next goals are finishing the last few non-unique maps, collecting T12 Maven bosses, and the Exarch/Eater influences. While doing that I'm trying to decide if Rish of the Phoenix is better than the nothing special shield I have (120 life, 15% all res, 50% reduced crit damage), hopefully find a vermillion ring somewhere, and finally manage an amulet with +some form of gems/%fire damage. I'm also considering taking the mana reservation wheel and adding malevolence for more damage, or tempest shield+defiance banner for more defenses.

Thanks for a great ride and the longest I've ever played a league!
THANKS FOR THE UPDATE! Can I ask about the Elemental Overload node? I read the comments in the 3.16 version the comments as to the nerf to RF in regards to EO only working with elemental damage that can hit. Having had more time to play the build does EO still help out incinerate enough to make it worth picking this up? I can't wrap my head around any of the numbers. If anyone could explain it to me I'd appreciate it. Basically what I'm asking is this a node you would rather come back for later?
"
Mightymystic wrote:
Spoiler
Let me start by saying as a full SSF player (off and on since around Perandus/Talisman) this build is really enjoyable to play and I've achieved a bunch of PoE firsts for me with it this league although they probably don't seem significant to many players. First time to 92 with the final 3rd of 90, 91, and 92 being straight delving. Previous high was 90 with the witch-golem version of this build a year ago. First time to complete a corrupted rare T16 (previously T11, maybe 12). First time to 100 maps/atlas passives. I was able to beat Black Star using ~4 portals and one-shot Infinite Hunger (better geared). I also managed to beat Baran and Al-Hezmin although Veritania bested me (rare Kirac map, couldn't run it white).

For leveling, I ran a witch to Lioneye's Watch and muled a Purifying Flame and used it linked to 2-3 supports, a herald, stone golem and Vitality. That took me to between 45 and 50 when I was able to sustain RF with minimal need for life flasks (I ran two life, quicksilver, ruby, and granite until maps). I found a Death Rush ring early (onslaught on kill) and I'm STILL using that for ZoomZoom while clearing maps (partly because I haven't had a single vermillion drop). Then Honourhome helmet dropped maybe in the 50s/60s and I don't think that I can replace that until I get a burning damage elder helmet because the +2 to RF is SO good.

Once I switched to a quartz flask that uses-on-full (so I never get stuck in a pack of monsters), mapping was about as smooth as I've ever experienced up through all the yellows, and then a body armor dropped with 140 life, 10% life, 20% cold res, 50 life regen and I bench crafted another 7% life/mana on it. I'm SSF and not socket currency rich so I bench crafted five sockets and harvest crafted five links (still don't have a risk-free way to get this to 6 links). Then apparently my luck came through and without any planning my Syndicate at all (was just using it for more mobs/loot/unveil crafts) I got a Leo exalt and just decided to slam it, got additional 4% phys reduction.

I feel like my two worst enemies right now are fairly low single target DPS but mostly my total lack of knowledge of the mechanics of bosses/mobs (example: I had no idea there was a kill order for the Vaal Temple bosses).

At this point my next goals are finishing the last few non-unique maps, collecting T12 Maven bosses, and the Exarch/Eater influences. While doing that I'm trying to decide if Rish of the Phoenix is better than the nothing special shield I have (120 life, 15% all res, 50% reduced crit damage), hopefully find a vermillion ring somewhere, and finally manage an amulet with +some form of gems/%fire damage. I'm also considering taking the mana reservation wheel and adding malevolence for more damage, or tempest shield+defiance banner for more defenses.

Thanks for a great ride and the longest I've ever played a league!
Thanks, Mightymystic!

That was a nice message to read. I'm glad you're having such a great time with the build! You've done an amazing job, especially for SSF! Even though you've had some RNG on your side, you can take ALL the credit for your progress. You understand the game really well and have made some wise improvements. It's exciting to exceed your past thresholds. Good for you!

Thanks for posting your experience in detail. I like hearing how people experience the build.

Nice work!

Annnnnd

"
meansofacess wrote:
Spoiler
THANKS FOR THE UPDATE! Can I ask about the Elemental Overload node? I read the comments in the 3.16 version the comments as to the nerf to RF in regards to EO only working with elemental damage that can hit. Having had more time to play the build does EO still help out incinerate enough to make it worth picking this up? I can't wrap my head around any of the numbers. If anyone could explain it to me I'd appreciate it. Basically what I'm asking is this a node you would rather come back for later?
Thanks, meansofacess!

Elemental Overload has changed, ya. With this build, it's only good for Incinerate. For only two nodes, it does a HUGE damage increase. So you're welcome to wait on it until you find you're leaning more on Incinerate in your battles. (The leech from our ascendancy also benefits from extra Incinerate damage.) Definitely don't exclude the keystone from the build, but it's only going to show its value when you start using Incinerate lots.

Annnnnd

Diving deeper into this build now that i am up to red maps. Looking at your FireRegen character's gear as linked. Looks like you dropped Void Sphere for Frostbomb. Care to comment?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info