Stress-Free PoE w/ RIGHTEOUS INCINERATOR! Relax, SSF League Start-End w/ “Any” Items & 1-Button|3.17

"
mariox1011 wrote:
Spoiler
"
The problem is your tone in the first post you made was entirely negative and hinted at something that you nearly confirm in the second, which is that you didn't fully read the guide and the point the guide is trying to serve.
Yes, I should have explained why the build was bad on the first post. I did read it the first time and was baffled at why someone would write a guide for new players that will probably make them want to quit because their damage is so low.

"

It pointedly avoids any specific items, either unique or specifically rolled rares, so it can better cater to a SSF style of play. It also tries to explain the reasons behind each choice and the related mechanics. You can click through and read each thing, it is very handy!
Just because you're SSF doesn't mean common unique items stop dropping. Ashes of the Stars can easily be target farmed. Melding of the Flesh/Legacy of Fury should at least be mentioned if they are going to mention awakener orb 6 line "dream mod" items that are magnitudes more difficult to get.

"

My main issue with your approach is there is a vast distance between "I do not like this guide" and "This is a poorly made guide", which is a very important distinction.
Explain? How is it unreasonable to not like a guide because it is poorly made? This guide reinforces the idea that scaling dot and hit based damage is good when it is the opposite. This has been the case since double dipping was destroyed.

There's a reason no one is playing incinerate at a high level this ladder and it's not just because I said it sucks on a forum post.

Every league I get PMs from people via a variety of mediums saying thanks because my guides gave them the ability to get their first 100 40/40. This game has a lot of avenues to be successful. No need to be nasty.
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
Spoiler
"
The problem is your tone in the first post you made was entirely negative and hinted at something that you nearly confirm in the second, which is that you didn't fully read the guide and the point the guide is trying to serve.

It pointedly avoids any specific items, either unique or specifically rolled rares, so it can better cater to a SSF style of play. It also tries to explain the reasons behind each choice and the related mechanics. You can click through and read each thing, it is very handy!

My main issue with your approach is there is a vast distance between "I do not like this guide" and "This is a poorly made guide", which is a very important distinction.

Even putting all of that aside, I have responded to these guides sometimes with questions, sometimes with my own opinion, several times over the years. I have 100% always received a response from Wrecker_of_Days and it has never been negative.

If you don't like something it is entirely appropriate to make a post asking why things were done in a specific way and recommend alternatives. It is just as appropriate for the creator to decline to make changes if they feel it does not belong in the theme of the guide. It is completely inappropriate to begin any post with calling the creator dumb or ignorant. Even if you believe they are incorrect about something, spread knowledge and help out.

Not going to continue arguing this point, just wanted to explain where I am coming from and why I have reacted the way I have to your post. If you are here to help, that is actually genuinely appreciated. If you are just here to throw rocks, there are probably better uses for your time.
"
PoitelMarto wrote:
The thing is, the build is not designed to crush high-endgame at all. It's tailored to be fun to play, relax-style, SSF, *and* possible to optimize so you can crush endgame. And it does exactly that: many people (including me) tried it, made some tweaks, and ended up beating endgame. True, most did drop incinerate sooner or later, but that doesn't mean RF + incinerate is bas as league-starter.

If WoD claimed this build could melt bosses in seconds and tank anything as is, then it would be a noob trap. But he states the very opposite. He offers a way to get started, suggests some tweaks to do, and then leaves the rest up to us.

On a side note, one could actually play RF + ignite from inci/flameblast, and it wouldn't be that bad; the problem is fire trap is so better right now.

I do agree with you about Legacy of Fury and Ashes of the Stars though (Melding is yet another matter). These probably deserve to be mentioned as farming targets for SSF players.
Thanks ElementalNimbus & PoitelMarto!

Your support goes a long way! There's always going to be "my way or the highway" kind of commenters. Luckily, their opinion does really change much when we sit down to enjoy a build after a long day of work. I appreciate your kindness and that you were kind in return to the person you replied to. Thanks for keeping this corner of PoE Land a nice place to be :).

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
"
_tz wrote:
Spoiler
Hey, I really like hitting mobs with melee. Any way to incorporate some slamming or bashing in this build without significant change?

I am attracted to this guide because I don't like the idea of getting perfect items through trade, finding better gear as I play is far more exciting.
Totally _tz!

You bet. Consecrated Path is the first skill that comes to mind. You'd be able to lose Purifying Flame (cause that was only there for the Consecrated Ground), and you'd need Resolute Technique and Avatar of Fire from the tree (but both are super close to the provided tree). Besides being dependent on a well-rolled Staff or Sceptre, I would guess that'd be a pretty easy modification.

On a side note, this build would 111% be a Consecrated Path/RF guide EVERY LEAGUE if I Consecrated Path didn't nauseate me.

Annnnnd

Last edited by Wrecker_of_Days on Apr 30, 2022, 11:09:11 PM
Can i anoint a unique amulet? I googled it and it said yes but it was from a long time ago I wasn't sure if it was changed or not and what would you recommend I was looking at crystal skin or constitution based on a site I found. Are those the best for this build?

I fixed my resistances from my gear upgrade the other day just had to rotate a few other pieces, a little over capped now except for chaos which is still under 40. Once I hit 93 I tried my luck with screaming invitation, it was understanding the fight mechanics that got me killed there. I beat incandescent using this build even while failing the rolling fire logs that flask you recommend in gear was very useful for that.
"
meansofacess wrote:
Can i anoint a unique amulet? I googled it and it said yes but it was from a long time ago I wasn't sure if it was changed or not and what would you recommend I was looking at crystal skin or constitution based on a site I found. Are those the best for this build?

you 100% can annoint (non-corrupted) unique amulets.
As for the annoint itself, Crystal skin is a solid option to increase your max resistances before you switch to Melding of the Flesh, which is the way to go this league. However, if you opt for raw HP, I strongly suggest you to pick Golem's Blood over Constitution; the 1,6% regen is much more valuable than 20 flat life. I suspect the site you found the advice on isn't up-to-date, as Constitution has been nerfed quite recently.
don't read this I'm dumb lol --> so if I switch to Melding of the Flesh and I have 178 uncapped fire resistance it would subtract 70-80% leaving me with 98% to 108% uncapped across the board. so all of my gear that adds to the other resistances can be swapped out for +chaos resistance, +life, +fire damage, +attributes, ect?

EDIT: I realize I didn't understand the way Melding of the Flesh works... it equalizes the cap to the highest maximum, while simultaneously lowering the actual values of all resistances requiring ~210-240 additional resistance on top of the 270% resist to hit 90% on all three... I will have to start with one of the other two for now like you said.
Last edited by meansofacess on May 1, 2022, 10:12:27 PM
"
PoitelMarto wrote:
Spoiler
"
meansofacess wrote:

you 100% can annoint (non-corrupted) unique amulets.
As for the annoint itself, Crystal skin is a solid option to increase your max resistances before you switch to Melding of the Flesh, which is the way to go this league. However, if you opt for raw HP, I strongly suggest you to pick Golem's Blood over Constitution; the 1,6% regen is much more valuable than 20 flat life. I suspect the site you found the advice on isn't up-to-date, as Constitution has been nerfed quite recently.
Awesome. Glad you got both questions figured out! Good job asking.

Annnnnd

"

<some snips>
If you are interested in my skill tree and gear, hitting level 100 has the huge perk of adding me to poe.ninja's build search. So here is the link that has everything you could want to know about where I ended up:

https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds/char/ElementalNimbus/RoombaNemesis

As always thanks for the guides! I always enjoy them and they really help me get into the game and find a playstyle that actually works for me. I also hope at least someone finds the above information / links interesting!

Let me know if you have any questions or anything, I'd love to help out if anyone needs end game tips.

So to place my character: I'm level 93, have killed searing exarch and just completed a record-for-me 19 challenges, and I am interested in a couple things that might help me advance.

Did you go directly from the build-as-written (incinerate) to the phantasmal flame wall when you figured out the scaling exposure? Or did you have intermediate skill setups that you used? Right now I feel not quite tanky enough to stand and channel incinerate (Think harvests and expeditions in rare T16 maps) so I've been considering fire trap and (normal) flame wall if you had any experience with either of those pre-phantasmal.

Did you use/consider the master of flames cluster notable for exposure instead of wave of conviction before settling on flame wall?

How much difference did you see from tempest shield? I've previously seen other options before like skitterbots for the chill/shock combo.
Sorry for the delay, been a crazy week and didn't notice you asked me some questions until now!

"
Mightymystic wrote:
Did you go directly from the build-as-written (incinerate) to the phantasmal flame wall when you figured out the scaling exposure? Or did you have intermediate skill setups that you used? Right now I feel not quite tanky enough to stand and channel incinerate (Think harvests and expeditions in rare T16 maps) so I've been considering fire trap and (normal) flame wall if you had any experience with either of those pre-phantasmal.

I tried a few variations though none I especially enjoyed. I think the longest lasting one was Scorching Ray, as it applied Fire Exposure at 25%. That said I always used RF as my primary source of damage, with everything else only supporting that. It was a long time before I felt comfortable standing still for a lot of fights and honestly super high end Harvest / Expedition stuff can still gib me if I don't move at least a little, I'm not sure that can ever be avoided.

"
Mightymystic wrote:
Did you use/consider the master of flames cluster notable for exposure instead of wave of conviction before settling on flame wall?

Never tried the cluster notable, though I did experiment with other sources for exposure like Scorching Ray. After I got a solid 'cast when full' flask for creating consecrated ground I started playing around to see if I could free up that whole set of skill gems for other things.

"
Mightymystic wrote:
How much difference did you see from tempest shield? I've previously seen other options before like skitterbots for the chill/shock combo.

For my final setup Tempest Shield is between amazing and completely required. I always love block heavy builds and it is just insane value. The amount of spell block it gives is honestly crazy even without the alternative quality. Especially with Glancing Blows which doubles Spell Block. It even makes you immune to shock yourself as icing on the cake. As it is in my build with all my insane stuff running, that single skill gives me literally 62% Spell Block for 20.06% Mana Reservation. Beyond that I use it for my Hextouch setup since it doesn't require more thought from me and basically curses anybody I block an attack from and their closest friends. Awakened Hextouch can even work on Hexproof enemies.

I spent a crazy amount of time playing around with various setups trying to tune things to how I specifically wanted things for my playstyle and what I had available. Especially in regard to Stone Golem which I *really* wanted to make work but never found a way that didn't take 2-3 skill gems. I also have tried for a long time to make Petrified Blood work because I love the concept of the skill, however it never seemed worth the hit to single-attack survivability.

I will throw out a shout out for Divine Shield though, which as long as you have even 1 energy shield can easily fully offset the Righteous Fury degen after you take a single hit. Combined with Aegis Aurora results in most fights just setting my health and energy shield to full for the whole duration.

I think by the end the only single modifier I flat out could not run was Player Cannot Regenerate Life Or Mana. That one was a non-starter. A couple combinations could make my life a bit painful but could be managed, any two of "##% Less Life Regeneration", "-##% Maximum Resistances", "-##% Reduced Effect of Non-Curse Auras" sucked.

Hopefully those answers are clear and help out. If not let me know and I'll be happy to help further. If for no other reason, sharing this knowledge helps justify the ridiculous amount of time I spent myself!
Last edited by ElementalNimbus on May 5, 2022, 10:01:36 PM
"
Sorry for the delay, been a crazy week and didn't notice you asked me some questions until now!

No problem! I also did some experimenting, I just don't have a ton of time to try things out in addition to being SSF which limits what I have available to me.

"

"
Mightymystic wrote:

For my final setup Tempest Shield is between amazing and completely required. I always love block heavy builds and it is just insane value. The amount of spell block it gives is honestly crazy even without the alternative quality. Especially with Glancing Blows which doubles Spell Block. It even makes you immune to shock yourself as icing on the cake. As it is in my build with all my insane stuff running, that single skill gives me literally 62% Spell Block for 20.06% Mana Reservation. Beyond that I use it for my Hextouch setup since it doesn't require more thought from me and basically curses anybody I block an attack from and their closest friends. Awakened Hextouch can even work on Hexproof enemies.

So I made a few changes since my original questions: I picked up the sovereignty cluster, and started using a delve unset ring that has flammability-on-hit, life recoup, two garbage prefixes and crafted life. Then I was able to drop hextouch (SSF so awakened just isn't happening) freeing up slots. I switch the "big" cwdt to cwdt-lifetap-immortal call and moved the other two into the level 1 cwdt. I removed purity of fire (was 85-86% or so even without it) and added tempest shield, malevolence, and defiance banner. I didn't yet drop any points to get glancing blows and see how that feels.

With these changes it definitely feels tankier and I don't notice the slightly weaker flammability compared to hextouch.

"
I will throw out a shout out for Divine Shield though, which as long as you have even 1 energy shield can easily fully offset the Righteous Fury degen after you take a single hit. Combined with Aegis Aurora results in most fights just setting my health and energy shield to full for the whole duration.

This is a great idea, I never would have thought about that since it feels like my energy shield is always burned away anyway.

With this build, how do we deal with veritania? I've tried and failed twice, due to the audio cue feeling too close to getting shotgunned back to my hideout. Would increased AoE support let me stay farther away for a little more time?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info