[Solution found!] Even more CPU spikes after the patch; the game is unplayable.

"
DoubleU wrote:
"
odds wrote:

- switch from fullscreen to windowed fullscreen. I dont know why, but then most fo the spikes in the game are gone. Runs ways more smooth then.

This helped me a lot on my old machine.

Yea things are strange, it's the opposite for me. Windowed fullscreen means I still hit my fps cap, but it's *constant* micro-stutters. But going fullscreen means it's very smooth.
"
poeGT wrote:
"
Casie0046 wrote:
maybe try to upgrade your ancient hardware. future is now.

Ah yes this old robotic response.

Shame people with good PCs running latest MMO on max settings still have stutter and performance issues with POE.

This game has always had a bad reputation for poor optimization.

Imagine thinking people should have a current or last year PC to run a graphically outdated isometric game.

GGG upgraded the engine constantly.
The calculations done in POE a MMO isn't even close to as then you wouldn't be able to play said MMO.

If you don't understand why the hardware requirements are the way they are, go figure.

Game calculations for poe pushes the cpu so if its to old then it will hamper your performance.

MMO is easy to run on ancient hardware, poe simply isnt.
Nothing you said have any merit to the fact
Poe is badly optimized.

Most crazy calculations are done server side.

And third, GGG has a record of making a problem they can't solve seem as unsolvable. Until they learn how to miracously solve it. Go check their history with desync.
"
Poe is badly optimized.

And third, GGG has a record of making a problem they can't solve seem as unsolvable. Until they learn how to miracously solve it. Go check their history with desync.

To be fairly honest, they have a history of that true. But from the last 4 leagues, i only seen performance improvements and not the other way around. Running Easyly 144 FPS, normal and maybe aorund 80 in party. CPU never spikes above 40 %
"
Scarface335 wrote:
"
Poe is badly optimized.

To be fairly honest, they have a history of that true. But from the last 4 leagues, i only seen performance improvements and not the other way around. Running Easyly 144 FPS, normal and maybe aorund 80 in party. CPU never spikes above 40 %

Easily 144fps where? Becuz no one can run this game on 144 fps with full juice not even nasa PC look at empyrian he got the best avaible gaming pc and he drops below 100 fps in solo play all the time when doing hh stuff
Last edited by Gopstop22 on Feb 1, 2022, 8:48:42 AM
"
skjutengris wrote:

Game calculations for poe pushes the cpu so if its to old then it will hamper your performance.

Does anyone even read what ts is writing? He had no issues before that patch and he has no spikes on a single core with multithread disabled. What cpu bottleneck is discussed here?
Same issue for me. Only introduced in recent post December event patch. CPU stutters every ~2 seconds (according to the in game CPU graph, external cpu monitoring tools show no spikes)
-----------------------------> SOLUTION FOUND! <-----------------------------

Disabling Hyper-threading CPU feature in BIOS completely eliminates CPU spikes.

Now I have only 4 cores instead of 8 and my F1 CPU graph shows 6ms instead of 4 but otherwise the game is fine, - it produces 60 fps without any problems, no stutters at all.
Last edited by Beglets on Feb 2, 2022, 8:47:51 AM
I turned off hyper threading in my BIOS for my intel CPU. Although it does greatly reduce the frequency of the CPU spikes, it does not solve the issue. CPU still spikes (including in log in screen) for me approximately every ~30 seconds. These spikes are not seen when the in game setting for Engine multithreading is disabled. That said, its pretty good performance, but maybe this will help PoE team debug the issue.
I have the same issue since the last patch big cpu spikes that go away with engine multithreading disabled or largly go away with hyperthreading disabled in bios. Performance obv takes a big hit with both solutions.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info