[Solution found!] Even more CPU spikes after the patch; the game is unplayable.

"
Moonlight666X wrote:
looks like every i7 4th gen has c-states issue after engine update, had the same problems, cpu spiking from 5 to 100 ms
This "cures" it
https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/t1d01u/performance_guide_secrets_of_stuttering_how_i/

The worst part is that we know the problem and apariently ggg not...
"
Moonlight666X wrote:
looks like every i7 4th gen has c-states issue after engine update, had the same problems, cpu spiking from 5 to 100 ms
This "cures" it
https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/t1d01u/performance_guide_secrets_of_stuttering_how_i/

can confirm i7 4790k and same problems here
Wild. Around Christmas I also had to do the whole disabling c-states stuff to get decent performance with my old i7. (I got a new computer a bit later tho, so this doesn't really apply to me any longer, but still...).

Just an all around bizarre problem and solution. WTF is this engine even doing?
Ninja.
Last edited by la_blue_girl on Aug 18, 2023, 9:10:43 AM
"
señor2tap wrote:
"
mxc13a1 wrote:
Disabling Multithread works, but cost 30-40% fps loss.

my only working fix is to launch OBS x64 with game captured PoE.
for me no need to stream/recording to be on, i'm using NVENC so it affects only GPU load.

p.s.:Looks like any background process that loads CPU for 5-10% works

4790k oc 4.4Ghz / win10 x64

Spoiler
hi i have an i7 4790k and im having crazy cpu spikes from 5 to 70 ms non stop , i tried the obs thing and it dont work , idk , unless im doing it wrong i never used OBS, all i have to do is capture path of exile but it doesnt work cpu ms is still jumping from 5 to 50 and things like this.

edit : apariently i put some youtube video and one twitch stream in the background and ms cpu latency is like 5 - 15 constantly much better than 5 - 70 non stop.

I CAN CONFIRM THAT THIS WORKS. I just played a twitch stream and youtube vid in the background and my cpu latency is stable now, no stuttering. WTH
"
mattulis wrote:
"
señor2tap wrote:
"
mxc13a1 wrote:
Disabling Multithread works, but cost 30-40% fps loss.

my only working fix is to launch OBS x64 with game captured PoE.
for me no need to stream/recording to be on, i'm using NVENC so it affects only GPU load.

p.s.:Looks like any background process that loads CPU for 5-10% works

4790k oc 4.4Ghz / win10 x64

Spoiler
hi i have an i7 4790k and im having crazy cpu spikes from 5 to 70 ms non stop , i tried the obs thing and it dont work , idk , unless im doing it wrong i never used OBS, all i have to do is capture path of exile but it doesnt work cpu ms is still jumping from 5 to 50 and things like this.

edit : apariently i put some youtube video and one twitch stream in the background and ms cpu latency is like 5 - 15 constantly much better than 5 - 70 non stop.

I CAN CONFIRM THAT THIS WORKS. I just played a twitch stream and youtube vid in the background and my cpu latency is stable now, no stuttering. WTH

+1, same i7 4790k, did the OBS trick no more spikes. Super weird.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info