[Solution found!] Even more CPU spikes after the patch; the game is unplayable.

"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Obviously not "unplayable". You have 17 challenges complete. If you have problems, try talking with tech-support. They might have an idea as to why you're having these spikes and how to prevent it.

Tech support is non-existent. You know what they do when you have an issue. They provide an automated response stating they are unable to provide technical support. They then provide you links to troubleshooting posts, most of which haven't been updated in years.

You know what they do if you state you're playing on the MacOS client. They provide you with the link to PC troubleshooting, which is useless on a MacOS given it's all Windows based. The last entry in "Know Mac issues" was 2020.

I wish I could be more positive but this is the reality of so called tech support at GGG.
Last edited by BowWizard on Feb 27, 2023, 11:21:08 AM
Same problem, unplayable right now.
I had multithreading disabled for 2 weeks and it was better, tried to switch it on today, since then I get the lags again.

What I do not understand, is why switching it OFF again did not help anymore, even after restarting. This is some really strange issue. :(
Disabling Multithread works, but cost 30-40% fps loss.

my only working fix is to launch OBS x64 with game captured PoE.
for me no need to stream/recording to be on, i'm using NVENC so it affects only GPU load.

p.s.:Looks like any background process that loads CPU for 5-10% works

4790k oc 4.4Ghz / win10 x64

Spoiler
"
mxc13a1 wrote:

UPD.: shader caching also loads CPU, after entering new zone (shader cache cleared) i have no stutters while shaders caching again, and back to stutter-party when its done.
"
mxc13a1 wrote:
Disabling Multithread works, but cost 30-40% fps loss.

my only working fix is to launch OBS x64 with game captured PoE.
for me no need to stream/recording to be on, i'm using NVENC so it affects only GPU load.

4790k oc 4.4Ghz / win10 x64

Spoiler
hi i have an i7 4790k and im having crazy cpu spikes from 5 to 70 ms non stop , i tried the obs thing and it dont work , idk , unless im doing it wrong i never used OBS, all i have to do is capture path of exile but it doesnt work cpu ms is still jumping from 5 to 50 and things like this.

edit : apariently i put some youtube video and one twitch stream in the background and ms cpu latency is like 5 - 15 constantly much better than 5 - 70 non stop.
Last edited by señor2tap on Aug 17, 2023, 11:23:01 AM
looks like every i7 4th gen has c-states issue after engine update, had the same problems, cpu spiking from 5 to 100 ms
This "cures" it
https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/t1d01u/performance_guide_secrets_of_stuttering_how_i/
Last edited by Moonlight666X on Aug 17, 2023, 11:28:34 AM
"
Moonlight666X wrote:
looks like every i7 4th gen has c-states issue after engine update, had the same problems, cpu spiking from 5 to 100 ms
This "cures" it
https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/t1d01u/performance_guide_secrets_of_stuttering_how_i/

Yeah, i can't wait to perform it, and make my setup even more inefficient. THANKS!

"Reddit Tech Tips"
"End of March makes 3 months and 21 days which is almost 4 months and not 3 1/2, get your math right hoho."
Last edited by Dxt44 on Aug 17, 2023, 12:13:13 PM
Edit solution to the first post.
"
Moonlight666X wrote:
This "cures" it

Well thank you for the link to the fix of this prob, that helps at least as a workaround for the issue! But normally GGG needs to come up with an internal solution without ppl needing to frickle around with Scripts and C-States. Hopefully GGG fixes this INGAME so that the league wouldn'r become such a mess with a little lower end hardware 🤞
"
Moonlight666X wrote:
looks like every i7 4th gen has c-states issue after engine update

4670k user here, confirm

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info