Stress-Free PoE w/ BONE ZOMBIES! Relax & SSF League Start-End w/ “Any” Items & 1-Button | 3.17

"
I'm glad the build is working so well for you! I love your patience while you still use a 4-link. Good for you. You'll have such a fun time as soon as you find a 5+link that suits your build. Good gem choices too! I too prefer Predator Support. I find the difference in damage between an enemy that is marked or not doesn't matter unless the enemy is a boss or beefed up Rare. So I'm on the same page with you there too.

Finally got a harvest recipe to 5-link something and switched to

adding the Melee Physical Damage Support gem at L18. HUGE difference.

REALLY enjoying this now!
"
Spoiler
"
I'm glad the build is working so well for you! I love your patience while you still use a 4-link. Good for you. You'll have such a fun time as soon as you find a 5+link that suits your build. Good gem choices too! I too prefer Predator Support. I find the difference in damage between an enemy that is marked or not doesn't matter unless the enemy is a boss or beefed up Rare. So I'm on the same page with you there too.

Finally got a harvest recipe to 5-link something and switched to

adding the Melee Physical Damage Support gem at L18. HUGE difference.

REALLY enjoying this now!
Nice! That's awesome. That's such an exciting improvement! I'm glad you're feeling the difference! Glad you're having a good time :).
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
Hi my cwdt don't work, i have the void sphere but vulnerabily and hextouch not working. I have the same setup on this gems. Can you help me?
"
Bibivitch wrote:
Hi my cwdt don't work, i have the void sphere but vulnerabily and hextouch not working. I have the same setup on this gems. Can you help me?

Check if you are not running out of mana (try disabling auras like pride and vitality) - assuming you are using the NECROFAH character, it seems you are not running clarity and CWDT has 250% mana cost multiplier and hextouch has a 130% cost multiplier.

I remember running into this problem early on the league and in my case the CWDT gems had incorrect levels (level and position and link affect the trigger order - see https://pathofexile.fandom.com/wiki/Cast_when_Damage_Taken_Support) and it was solved by having more free mana (leveling up helped because you get +6 mana per level and +2 per int, not counting mana from gear)
Spoiler
"
GravBeam wrote:
"
Bibivitch wrote:

Check if you are not running out of mana (try disabling auras like pride and vitality) - assuming you are using the NECROFAH character, it seems you are not running clarity and CWDT has 250% mana cost multiplier and hextouch has a 130% cost multiplier.

I remember running into this problem early on the league and in my case the CWDT gems had incorrect levels (level and position and link affect the trigger order - see https://pathofexile.fandom.com/wiki/Cast_when_Damage_Taken_Support) and it was solved by having more free mana (levelling up helped because you get +6 mana per level and +2 per int, not counting mana from gear)
Thanks, GravBeam! Great reply. Thanks for your patience with my reply, Bibivitch. It's been a busy few days. The reason your CwDT doesn't (if I loaded up the right character of yours) doesn't work is because your Hextouch and Curse need to be at higher levels. Your CwDT gem has a section that says, "Requires level [38]". It'll trigger any spell that also requires level 38 or lower. Raising the Requirement Level of both Hextouch and the Curse will make those work as designed. That way, CwDT only triggers Void Sphere. The Void Sphere triggers Hextouch's Curse.

Let me know if that works out.

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
"
elfranco001 wrote:
Started another minion build and didn't liked it so i switched to this one and really enjoying it.

I have only recently started mapping but really enjoy the zombie gameplay.

Thanks for the guide and i have a question:

Do you think Carnage chieftain, Host Chieftain are good spectres to have?

What spectre should i use to apply Maim?

If you have 3 spectres, I would highly suggest a setup of 1 carnage chieftain / 1 host chieftain / 1 Arena Master (can be found in Drox maps coming out of the portals that spawn his minions, they give an attack/cast/movement speed buff every 8 seconds or so that lasts for 5 seconds)
Spoiler
"
mslee017 wrote:
"
elfranco001 wrote:
Started another minion build and didn't liked it so i switched to this one and really enjoying it.

I have only recently started mapping but really enjoy the zombie gameplay.

Thanks for the guide and i have a question:

Do you think Carnage chieftain, Host Chieftain are good spectres to have?

What spectre should i use to apply Maim?

If you have 3 spectres, I would highly suggest a setup of 1 carnage chieftain / 1 host chieftain / 1 Arena Master (can be found in Drox maps coming out of the portals that spawn his minions, they give an attack/cast/movement speed buff every 8 seconds or so that lasts for 5 seconds)
Ah! Thanks so much, mslee017! I didn't realize I missed this message! Thanks for responding!

Sorry, elfranco001! I didn't realize I missed your post. Ya, as mslee mentioned, having a spectre that gives power charges and frenzy charges is great! The 3rd is optional the Arena Master is awesome. I use an enemy that gives a proximity shield for the extra chance of defence.

You can put Maim Support on any minion that does physical damage. So your two charge generating monkeys or your Chaos Golem would work. You could just take one of the auras in those gems sets and put it in an Unset Ring.

Again, sorry for the late replay. Thanks again, mslee017.

Annnnnd

Since this build uses spectres I thought this might be of interest. He tested 100 different rare spectres and wrote it all up in a Good Doc.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/u23x7x/personally_tested_100_different_rare_spectres/
"
mechfishy wrote:
I don't know how you came up with this crazy build. With all the different auras, spells, minions, reserved mana, buttons required and all the other crazy stuff there is no way possible for everything to work. So at some point in time you have to eliminate, substitute and prioritize. If somebody comes along and wants to try this out, then how are they supposed to understand the process you went through to come to the same conclusions that you did along the way. This isn't helpful at all. And it's most definitely not stress free. It's just a waste of time.

Hi.

First of all, I have to say that I'm a noob at the game. I only have two characters, an Arc Witch based on Enki's build (just finished Act 10, currently on hold for lack of sufficiently good gear) and a summoner Witch based on this build, currently on Act 8. I've never done maps, just unlocked the map device thing with my Arc Witch and left it at that.

I don't know how experienced you are at the game, but, if I understood your post correctly, you seem to have difficulties understanding how this build works. Well, I'm trying it out, as per instructions, and having a blast at it. When Wrecker says that it's simple, it really is. You literally only have to keep your character alive and out of harm's way (as much as you can), and the minions take care of the rest. That's it, really. I'll try to explain how it works, from my POV:

1 - The zombies, golem and spectres are "permanent" summons. Meaning that, once summoned, you won't need to re-summon them unless:

- You unequip/re-equip the gear the respective gems are socketed in;
- You remove the respective gems from their sockets;
- They die (they'll die a lot in the early levels, but eventually they'll become tanky as heck and wreck everything in their path).

At lvl 60, these 3 summons form an army of 11 minions (7 zombies, 1 golem, 3 spectres) that pretty much only disappear if you really want them gone. Cast and forget. Move around and watch them kill everything, unopposed. I have them bound to keys Q, W and E, respectively.

2 - The auras, they are also cast and forget. The banner, it can be cast and forget, or, if you want to play with it (place for taunt, carry just for armor and evasion buff), bind an easy to reach button. These turn off automatically when you die.

Determination and Pride, each reserve 50% of your mana pool, but if you follow the passives tree (stick to the right side, as Wrecker says in the guide), you'll eventually get passives that reduce the mana reservation. At lvl 60 and both gems lvl 10, each reserves 39,06% of the mana pool. Together with the banner (7,81% at gem lvl 15), it totals 85,93% of your mana pool reserved. The remaining mana should be enough for whatever needs. My skeletons cost 13 mana per cast and summon 3 minions, for a maximum of 9 skeletons on the field (I only use them for bosses or very numerous mobs); Void Sphere costs 97 mana with Vulnerability costing 29 mana; Desecrate costs 27 mana, Bone Offering costs 60 mana and Withering Step costs 20 mana. Natural mana regen and Clarity take care of mana regeneration to have enough of a pool for these costs - at lvl 60, with my SSF playstyle and these 3 things on, I only have 123 mana available for everything.

Vitality and Clarity, linked to Arrogance, reserve life instead of mana, at an increased cost. Caution is advised, because the life pool will be reduced by half with both auras active. That's why I use gear with armor + energy shield. Again, these auras are cast and forget, but sometimes one needs the whole life pool available. For example, the Labyrinth. The traps in there are deadly, so I usually turn off both these auras.

I bind the auras to the alternate tab (CTRL+Q,W,E,R) and the banner to my thumb mouse button.

For other binds: left mouse button for move only (no need to attack at all, the minions take care of it all), right mouse button to summon skeletons. My left hand is free to manage the flasks as needed. That's it. As extra, I'm trying to find a way to insert Flame Dash into the build - it's so awesome to get your character out of a pickle.

Thoughts about the Golem:

I chose to use Stone Golem instead of Chaos Golem. Not only does it give extra life regen (much needed when turning off Vitality to cross traps), it also taunts enemies with its slam. I personally find it more useful than a meager 4% increase in physical damage reduction, when I already have 68% from armor and buffs alone. Also, with Meat Shield Support, the zombies and skeletons pull most of the aggro away from me anyway, I can walk around the mobs with almost near impunity.
Another option would be to use Carrion Golem, to buff the other minions even more, but they already kill so much and so easily that I personally don't find it necessary.
Lightning and Ice Golems buff stats that are not really that useful for this build, although one could argue that Lightning Golem could be useful due to its ability to place lightning orbs in the field that attack nearby mobs.

----------

TL,DR - How I play this:

1 - Move around the map, watch the minions wreck havoc.
2 - If take damage, be ready to pop life flasks and move out of harm's way.
3 - The CWDT procs make stuff die even faster.
4 - If enemies are tough/very numerous, pop skeletons into the fray.
5 - If minions don't pull enough aggro away from you, place banner and pop skeletons near the offenders.
6 - If faced with deadly traps (Labyrinth), turn off life-reserve auras and be ready to pop life flasks.
7 - ???
8 - PROFIT!!!

Apologies for the wall of text. Hope this helps.
Hello, I'm enjoying this build so much. I never played SSF before but I give it a try because I started the league very late. I'm playing with the witch called MissMonitos and she is 88 lvls. I just feel that my minions (zombies and spectres) were doing little damage, and I was failing almost every blight encounter.

So, I was wondering if it's possible to use a Femurs of the Saints, I was doing great in terms of survivavility with the capped attack block chance, first with Tituciu's Spam, a lucky drop while leveling (thank's to the easy unique drop system of the league) and after with a Daresso's Courage with that nice chance to block spells and resistances, but that 60-80% increased minion damage and +2 minions gems looks so juicy :Q__, but you know, it's kinda difficult to accomodate all again (I just got the Femours of the Saints today), golem, auras, etc. So, what do you think, it's worth it?

I was testing the Baron just in case I got enough Str to get another zombie, and if it was worth the Str applied to my minions (life and %phy), and I got that 6-l chest today too :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info