Stress-Free PoE w/ BONE ZOMBIES! Relax & SSF League Start-End w/ “Any” Items & 1-Button | 3.17

First; your child was adorable narrating the video.

Second; I really like this build, I think I'll try it out for my starter in .18, allow myself some easy mode to slowly get currency.

Thank you for the guide; it is well put together and is pretty newbie friendly too, which is awesome though sadly rare. The only thing I think that would improve it, is the PoB have leveling parts to it (like, at Act 2 you should have these skills, at Act 3 you should have these, etc). Just to help out some folks who might not know the best way to go.
Thank you so much for making builds like this, I plan to finally come back to the game and give it another shot in .18 and even with neuropathy I think I might be able to pull something like this off. I think I may have even tried this build or your RF build at some point in the past.

My question, since we have a few days before .18 drops, is how you think this zombie setup compares to a summon skeleton setup? There are a few floating around out there and some of them even try to provide the same little to no input for players who have handicap issues, particullarly Ghazzy's. Obviously clicking summon skeleton every 20 or so seconds is a big change but I wonder at the difference in clearing ability? I might be able to handle a single button...maybe.
"
Fripp wrote:
Spoiler
I like this guide, I find most of the guides too intimidating for my casual SSF playstyle, but this one is nice. I only play zombie/skeletons physical builds. The highest level I got to was 95, but I've experienced very little endgame in all my years playing PoE. I'm not sure if I'll play the Sentinel league, but if I will, my tree will look something like this:
https://poeplanner.com/b/Zn5
With Death Attunement anointed. I never used Bone Offering, so I take Commander of Darkness over Mistress of Sacrifice, but maybe I should change it.

For the 6-link I'll have Zombies, Vaal Skeletons, Meat Shield, 2 of the the 3: Brutality, Melee Physical Damage, Ruthless (by the way, which of these 3 can I skip?), Melee Splash for trash and Multistrike for bosses. But I'm open to suggestions. Is predator better on single target?

I use Spectres as support. I used 2 that give frenzy charges and 1 for power charges in the past, but I think 1 and 1 is enough. I read about the Scorpion Sentinel and it sounds amazing - high health + maim and blind! So I don't need maim/blind gems. Where can I find it by the way? Even with minion life, the Spectres were dying pretty frequently in difficult content, and it was a pain to get them back every time. So I'm open to suggestions about which Spectres I should use. I think that I can use The Spectre gem with a Golem (Chaos or Carrion) gem at the same 4-link, with Minion Life and Feeding Frenzy.

My other links: Shield Charge-Fortify-Hextouch-Vulnerability
Cast When Damage Taken-Immortal Call-Enfeeble-Increased Duration

I use Defiance Banner, Pride, Flame Dash (need it because Shield Charge can't blink), I used Flesh and Stone before but not sure if it's any good, does it stack with maim and blind from the Spectre, or not? Also Convocation, Vaal Haste and Flesh Offering. Maybe I can change to Bone offering, as the damage is usually good enough, and then maybe I should take Mistress of Sacrifice. I'm open to any ideas about tinkering with the gems.

The only 2 uniques I'm using are Skullhead for minion (and a bit of personal) tankiness, and Lioneye's Remorse for my own tankiness.

So I'm looking forward to any feedback, and good luck in the Sentinel league.
Great post, Fripp! "I like what you've done with the place!" You've made some good changes. I hope they work out for you long-term.

In terms of your question, typically you have to pick between Multistrike or Ruthless. When they're combined, Ruthless Hits are every 9 Multistrike hits. So you have to pick between possibly stunning an enemy every 3rd hit, or having them stand still longer to deal more damage. I prefer Ruthless as the zombies aren't locked in animation as long.

I didn't find any issues with the monkey spectres survivability. So if you're followed the tree, they should be more than fine. They have high health. I don't bother with spectres much while levelling though. They aren't "immortal" until near the end of the campaign.

I hope all your changes work out for you though! It'll be fun come league launch!
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
"
EspyGrrl wrote:
Spoiler
First; your child was adorable narrating the video.

Second; I really like this build, I think I'll try it out for my starter in .18, allow myself some easy mode to slowly get currency.

Thank you for the guide; it is well put together and is pretty newbie friendly too, which is awesome though sadly rare. The only thing I think that would improve it, is the PoB have leveling parts to it (like, at Act 2 you should have these skills, at Act 3 you should have these, etc). Just to help out some folks who might not know the best way to go.
Ha! Thanks, EspyGrrl! The kids were over the moon when I said "yes" when they asked if they could be in the video. I had no plans for it. But hey, it's fun. I actually had both my son and daughter takes turns with their lines. Honestly, when they call me from down the hall, I can't tell which one is calling me. They sound the same.

And thanks! I'm glad you like the build. It's a staple for me. I always have my zombie build-up to date, no matter what I'm starting the league as. I personally use modify it a bit and use Phantasms with the zombies, but I think next league, I'll go pure zombies again. Just for funzies. :)

I appreciate the kind words! In terms of your suggestion, I actually intentionally don't do step-by-step levelling. I have a list of which quests and acts unlock what gems, but I find that people that are learning the game, REALLY start picking up the value of "choice" when they make their own tree choices.

Oh wait, you were referring to how to level with which gems. My mistake. I've been on the fence with that for the last 4.5 years ;). I have the same mentality as the tree with that, but I'm not as emphatic with it. It's a good suggestion.

Thanks again for the kind note and suggestion.

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
"
sutasafaia wrote:
Spoiler
Thank you so much for making builds like this, I plan to finally come back to the game and give it another shot in .18 and even with neuropathy I think I might be able to pull something like this off. I think I may have even tried this build or your RF build at some point in the past.

My question, since we have a few days before .18 drops, is how you think this zombie setup compares to a summon skeleton setup? There are a few floating around out there and some of them even try to provide the same little to no input for players who have handicap issues, particullarly Ghazzy's. Obviously clicking summon skeleton every 20 or so seconds is a big change but I wonder at the difference in clearing ability? I might be able to handle a single button...maybe.
I remember your name, sutasafaia! :) Thanks for your kind words! I'm glad you were able to find a build that suited you. Nice to see you!

Zombies vs. skeletons, if you were to only run one of them, have an equal set of pros and cons. Skeletons have a higher single-target DPS and don't need as much investment into life on the passive tree. They also have a very powerful Vaal version. Zombies require more passive tree investment but provide more options for secondary survivability (like being able to focus on yourself). They also have AoE which is much more helpful with clearing.

There's nothing wrong with levelling both gems and swapping them out for each other on occasion and seeing which you prefer.

Annnnnd

I feel I may stick with zombies than, the more passive I can go the better. I was also tempted to try out your RF build but pets tend to be a much easier start and I can start the zombies almost immediately. There's also some temptation to maybe try a golem build, I think carrion golems was a popular setup, but that also takes more work to get going. It's been so long since I played it's hard to pick what to do.
"
sutasafaia wrote:
Spoiler
I feel I may stick with zombies than, the more passive I can go the better. I was also tempted to try out your RF build but pets tend to be a much easier start and I can start the zombies almost immediately. There's also some temptation to maybe try a golem build, I think carrion golems was a popular setup, but that also takes more work to get going. It's been so long since I played it's hard to pick what to do.
Makes sense, sutasafaia! I'll be doing a variation of this build. I haven't decided if I'm going to go with Reaper, or with SRS. If I go with SRS, I'll be having Zombies with the build for sure, but as secondary tanks instead of primary damage. (I'll put the links to those builds in my One-Stop-Shop if you wanted to take a look.)

Annnnnd

Alright everyone! That's it for me for the rest of the league. Time to do some pre-3.18 stuff. Thanks so much for all your wonderful updates, suggestions, and kind words. YOU make this corner of PoELand a great place to be and totally worth the time and effort that guides take. Thanks for being so great and kind to your "neighbour". You're fantastic. Good luck in 3.18!

Annnnnd

IS THIS BUILD STILL GOOD FOR .18?
Hey,
First of all : a big big thank you Wrecker of Days for the enormous amount of work you've put in for the community. I've read your text about why you must stop and I hope that all will go for the best way for you. Take care of you and your own, that's indeed the most important of all things.

On my side, I haven't played much of the previous leagues due to big pains in the wrist while playing PoE (ahh, tendinitis... my old friend) on keyboard+mouse. Thankfully GGG recently added controllers support for PC and so I decided to give it a try, even if I'm absolutely not a console guy. So I searched for a build that would require low input/targeting managements and your stress free zombies is all I wanted and even more :)
I'm currently running low red maps in ssf and it's working like a charm both in game and for my wrist !

Thanks again, cheers !

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info