Game Balance in Siege of the Atlas

"
Problem:
Hit-based bow attacks require an unreasonable amount of investment to reach competitive levels of damage. Builds that want to achieve this must utilise critical strikes and many skills can't sufficiently invest in this mechanic without sacrificing defensive options.

Sounds good, but uh, what defensive options?
Glacial Hammer, this is not a buff.
Sure, I was also not too happy about feeling the need to have the unique jewel to make that skill shine but that wasn't about the conversion, that could be accomplished through a bunch of other means anyway but the built in improved specialized Splash was what made GH great. Now I basically lose a gem slot (so about 30% less damage) and the resulting splash will be 41% weaker.
Was it really the intention to nerf GH so hard?

I really like the Mark rework though. And I'm interested what else you have planned for my old favorite Ice Spear.
... is not a troll
"
trollkind wrote:
Glacial Hammer, this is not a buff.
Sure, I was also not too happy about feeling the need to have the unique jewel to make that skill shine but that wasn't about the conversion, that could be accomplished through a bunch of other means anyway but the built in improved specialized Splash was what made GH great. Now I basically lose a gem slot (so about 30% less damage) and the resulting splash will be 41% weaker.
Was it really the intention to nerf GH so hard?

I really like the Mark rework though. And I'm interested what else you have planned for my old favorite Ice Spear.

Where does it say it's removing the threshold jewel? I can't find it, and the post only says that they will be removing some of the thresholds and altering some of the others.
I hope we can see some love for strike skills in the patchnotes.
The Hydrosphere change also hits stuff like wild strike, which didnt really feel strong before anyways.
...Chief Arkhon of the Oriath Academy....
"
Xarous86 wrote:
Nerf fun builds again check.
Buff clunky self cast spells, that even with +200 more base damage i would never touch check.
Skip the league on my part check.

Good! One less mindless "copy-paste build from guide" afk totem/summoner/CoC/banner player that doesn't actually play the game but keeps both clicks down or isn't even at the computer while farming blighted maps is just fine by me - and probably many others that like to actually play the game for what it is.
As someone who has played self cast spells all along because it's fun, even if it's not meta.....YESSSSSSSS!
Not orgasming over changes and making a meme about Sunder not being reverted yet another patch - Removed by support for being hateful and needlessly negative hahahahaha.

And then you wonder why everyone moved to reddit while this place is as lively as a graveyard...

Inb4 removed again.
HC balance should be separate from SC I don't care which outdated 1993 game dev philosophy this goes against. youtube/twitch.tv/DESPAIR268

REVERT SUNDER :) REVERT SEISMIC CRY :) REVERT IMPALER :) REVERT GAME :)) MAKE DUALWIELD GREAT AGAIN :)
The global totem nerfs might be fine for the buffed spell, but killed it for other spells like scorching ray. Why can't those buffed spells have the totem/mines/traps nerfs on their gems specifically?
So they start with a buff and then list 3 pages of mostly nerfs. Yup, the usual PoE patch notes. (Well at least this time they did include a buff).
From League Starter to Shaper – Cheap, Tanky, Fast and Fun Physical ST – Very Detailed Guide
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077519

Gannicus, God of the Arena – Deathless Uber Elder for Everyone
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2627521
"
IHellBoundI wrote:
"
Noko193 wrote:
CoC is completely dead now Sadge

Are u sure? From what I see they are just nerfing the value cause of the increase (+- 40% ) on base spell damage. So at the end it should remain more or less the same. Please math genius pob warriors help me here hehe

Ya, anyone who is saying "boo hoo nerf" is skimming and not putting together the fact that the increased damage on spells has to come out somewhere, or next league everyone will be a CoC.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info