Game Balance in Siege of the Atlas

Can you please, in any timeline, explain why you actually nerfed HEAVY STRIKE?????

Without the threshold jewels, you just nerfed all heavy strike builds by a significant margin.

But I guess it's understandable, since Heavy Strike is taking the Atlas by storm.
Undo the Corspri's Malice nerf, thanks.
"
The Poet's Pen, Cospri's Malice and Mjölner have had their cooldown on triggering socketed spells increased to 0.25 seconds (previously 0.15 seconds). This change affects existing items.

Ah yes. Back to the good old days when we forgot the players liked faster global cooldowns.

If nerfing the CoC gem and CoC items is what it takes to make self casting good, I'd rather self-casting stay completely unviable.

Also, revert Discharge.
(2-3-2019) Buff underused skills (3.23?!)+ selfcast, stop nerfing defense, build in threshold jewels (3.23?!), implement D3-style looting, add death log + MTX preview, actually rework flasks, stop balancing around the .01%, unnerf Harvest, ADD NEW WAYS TO LEVEL, finally implement Loot 2.0
RIP CoC !
And Toxic Rain nerf welcome, boring screen-spamming dominating build since a few seasons.

But also RIP Hydrosphere chain with EoW :'(
It was what made the spell viable for endgame !
Now it's just a random map clear spell lacking single target damage...

So from what I understood... marks on-hit will only be available through gem support ? No more rings providing it ?
Harvest in a nutshell : https://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2023/48/6/1701517918-poeh.jpg
Ultimatum : https://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2023/48/6/1701517789-ultimatum-league.png
Expedition : https://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2023/48/6/1701518028-poe-expedition-in-a-nutshell.png
"
ChanBalam wrote:
Woo hoo! Heavy Strike and Cleave got a mention and maybe a buff!

It's a major nerf to heavy strike. They removed the jewel you took to get +40% chance to double damage, and gave you +18% chance to double damage as compensation.
The Soul Mantle Unique Body Armour no longer has +1 to maximum number of Summoned Totems. Existing items can be updated with a Divine Orb and a momentary lapse in judgement.

So what exactly is the point in it?
It's a unique item, there is no other source of +1 totems in that equip slot in the game, not to mention you need serious investment to mitigate the curse font crap.
you'd either have to give up your shield slot, your helm and a ring or both rings and some passives.

This reminds me of the vis mortis "rebalance" where they removed the +1 spectre from it.

Also the "rebalance" to 2h uniques during bonk league where pretty much all competitive or viable uniques got gutted out of the game.

Totems are straight up dead with these changes.
Also now I get to look forward to using lmp or gmp on freezing pulse if I ever decide to use that skill again.
I expected AT LEAST 20-30 new unique items after the removal of 15-20 items just like that.
I expect (at all times) to focus the game on using unique items a lot more and to re-work 50% of the current items since they are useless.
Removing those 15-20 items from prophecy was a drop of hope in regards to this but apparently we ain't gonna see an actual proper expansion with quality and volume of content.
Grinding all day should not be what this game is. Challenging it is but in a very small part of it - unfortunately most of the 'challenging' part of the game atmosphere is where you have to fight against bugs in the game and lack of language knowledge of the developers rather than actually fighting something hard mechanic-wise.
I play this game since 2013~2014 and I still have a very strong feeling that I play a prototype of a game...
VERY nice.
R.I.P Totem :(
Would you please adjust Atziri's Rule so that it isn't completely gimped by the Ignite changes? Since you considered other uniques in that way and since the staff is hardly used, I really hope you'll consider. I was hoping to try it in the coming league.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info