Will Scourge Become a Core Path of Exile Mechanic?

"
mrpibadi wrote:
THX GOD!

Additional to this:
Delete Delirium (or fix the FPS DROP FFS)
Delete Lab
Delete Heist
Delete 10 ACTs
Delete Harvest

Give us ADVENTURE mode like Diablo 3 have.

+1
"
AlekzZz84 wrote:
so many players completely missed how insanely rewarding scourge was/is... it's truly sad to watch. It is sad cause I missed how absolutely broken and rewarding harvest league was :( I understood it only during the last week of the league and was so heart broken I didn't make any really cool items.

Being broken doesn't necessarily make a league mechanic good. Just because someone doesn't like scourge it doesn't mean he missed how rewarding it was.
Common misinterpretation/allegation. I personally like some grasslands with a tree here and there more than a desert with an oasis.

@OP:
Good choice to remove it. Keeping it would have been the very last nail in the coffin for me. Though it still is unlikely I will install the game again in the next few months. For that to happen it would require some heavy changes in CW's "vision". The gap between alch&go and fully juiced maps is WAY to big. Sure there must be a difference but it is just ridiculous what can drop in optimizes scenarios vs suboptimal scenarios.
Last edited by Zottelfisch on Jan 13, 2022, 12:42:27 PM
Pro tip. Don't mentions nerfs or almighty God C or you get deleted and muted. So much for the fredom of speech.
We deserve what we tolerate!
"
EratheiL wrote:
Pro tip. Don't mentions nerfs or almighty God C or you get deleted and muted. So much for the fredom of speech.

I love it when people rail about freedom of speech. What gives you the idea that you can post whatever you want on these forums and have it be consequence free and not subject to editing?
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
YES!!!! BEST NEWS EVER... No make the game interesting for the sub 50 ex budget players who don't want to play phys traps and you got yourself a good direction
Good decision. The demon world shift mechanic was fine as a league concept, but it was married to a terrible reward system where the only good thing was cheap 6-linking and a couple of tainted currencies.

The Krangler itself was poorly conceived both in terms of application (people only used it on cheap uniques) and reward style (you were basically better off double corrupting items than trying to get something workable on a krangle corrupt).

Perhaps if they can rework the krangler mechanics/rewards then the league could be brought back at some point.
Explain pls why?
no easy six link any more :(
"
Zottelfisch wrote:
"
AlekzZz84 wrote:
so many players completely missed how insanely rewarding scourge was/is... it's truly sad to watch. It is sad cause I missed how absolutely broken and rewarding harvest league was :( I understood it only during the last week of the league and was so heart broken I didn't make any really cool items.

Being broken doesn't necessarily make a league mechanic good. Just because someone doesn't like scourge it doesn't mean he missed how rewarding it was.
Common misinterpretation/allegation. I personally like some grasslands with a tree here and there more than a desert with an oasis.

@OP:
Good choice to remove it. Keeping it would have been the very last nail in the coffin for me. Though it still is unlikely I will install the game again in the next few months. For that to happen it would require some heavy changes in CW's "vision". The gap between alch&go and fully juiced maps is WAY to big. Sure there must be a difference but it is just ridiculous what can drop in optimizes scenarios vs suboptimal scenarios.

I love how you didn't offer a real counterpoint at all to your first paragraph. You just dismissed the analysis but offered none of your own as to why you hate it and hate Chris' vision. How do you ever expect to get the game you want if all you offer is hate but no criticism?
"
ComradeSlon wrote:
Good decision. The demon world shift mechanic was fine as a league concept, but it was married to a terrible reward system where the only good thing was cheap 6-linking and a couple of tainted currencies.

The Krangler itself was poorly conceived both in terms of application (people only used it on cheap uniques) and reward style (you were basically better off double corrupting items than trying to get something workable on a krangle corrupt).

Perhaps if they can rework the krangler mechanics/rewards then the league could be brought back at some point.

You left out that krangling could elevate the tier of a mod, add sockets, and add mods where empty affixes existed with lucky results.

You also are writing as if you couldn't BOTH double corrupt AND Krangle.

Krangling was meant for after corrupting. Something that the majority of unthinking, cookie cutter build pasting players missed.

How can you even say "better to double corrupt than to krangle" when you can do both?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info