[3.17] 👑PoE on Steroids: ✨Flicker Strike✨ CoC Ice Nova / Spear ❄️ - S-Tier T16s, Sirus, map/boss ✔️

Played this build at Sentinel (as u can see at my profile) and had much fun. Thanks for that! Btw: New Trickster can be op for this build, especially when he has "Slayer" Asc Node for leech (for ES leech), action speed and +2 Frenzy Charges
Last edited by AwesomeZerain on Aug 15, 2022, 3:27:37 AM
"
AwesomeZerain wrote:
Played this build at Sentinel (as u can see at my profile) and had much fun. Thanks for that! Btw: New Trickster can be op for this build, especially when he has "Slayer" Asc Node for leech (for ES leech), action speed and +2 Frenzy Charges

Haha woah! A Sentinel Ashes!! Honoured that you would spend that currency on such an edge build :) Plus I see you went full chad Ice Spear haha. Glad it entertained you for a bit!

Yeah that ES overleech is so juicy. I'm wondering if I can fit an old old build in here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDlI9SLdeWY. Not so much the damage delivery as just stacking massive HP + ES pools and running double leech scaling.

If time permits, I'll update this build for 3.19 too, I no longer deem Ashes a "viable" part of the build since it is out of reach for a lot of players. (Plus, it's not necessary, Presence of Chayula or EotB do more for the build.)
💥💫BB Unloader 1000% AoE 70m DPS🗡️🔪🔫: view-thread/3466787
FlickerCoC Ice Nova / Spear Assassin: view-thread/3225536
🔨⚡CWC Lightning Conduit Mjolner Trickster: view-thread/3300148
VD Arcanist Brand Necro: view-thread/2911667
hello, found this build and i have to say this is so much damn fun! ive duplicated near as much as i can at the moment and while it is a blast, i do find that dmg and defenses are slightly lacking at the moment and im not entirely sure where to go to tune that up. ive been using it for waste pool/dune grinding legions and when i get the HH stacks rolling this thing is a wrecking force but when i dont have them up, i have alot of 1 shots and alot of just flickering back and forth trying to kill things lol. any help will be appreciated and i have maybe 330ish exalts and around 30divines i can throw at this build for upgrades. im in std also if that helps.

https://pastebin.com/0aU1kfCs
The past is a ghost that haunts you from the moment it exists, until the moment you do not.
I have been using a variation of this build in Semi-SSF (private league) and it has felt great so far. I am lacking a lot of damage because well, I am kind of SSF so getting everything I need is a bit difficult (especially awakened gems and lvl 21 gems) but I am pretty happy with where I've landed, and I have so much room for improvement it's crazy (no cluster jewels for one).

It's also rather tanky albeit hovering more over the right side of the tree.
Because I didn't have a Shav' I've instead decided to go for 4 perma flask using Brutal Restraint (The Traitor keystone) and a passive skill tree flask wheel.
This allows me for permanent coruscating elixir (easy shav) and 3 other flasks: sapphire / topaz / silver (onslaught), but you can also use a bismuth or a diamond as the last one. You also need to roll the flasks properly and craft "reused at the end of flask effect" on each one. But then you just hit the flasks at the beginning of the map and don't need to care about them (except the silver one running out but very rarely)
This allows to have a permanent 50/50/50 res (can get even more if you craft 30% ele res during flask effect on one of your flasks) + 20% less elemental damage taken, a free 50% evasion (or armour) from flask suffix, permanent onslaught, etc... It's a great defensive layer and it also allows you to use something else than Shav as your body armour. I am using Ghostwrithe because it's a cheap way to get lots of ES and chaos resistance, but if you're richer you could use a high ES armour with crit chance / additional curse.

Here is my PoB that can be used for inspiration:

https://pobb.in/pfqEA01q12xo

As I said, damage on my PoB is shit (not a lot of resources) but the perma flask feels amazing and is cheap AF.

Last edited by Diacred on Sep 10, 2022, 11:41:47 AM
"
Diacred wrote:
I have been using a variation of this build in Semi-SSF (private league) and it has felt great so far. I am lacking a lot of damage because well, I am kind of SSF so getting everything I need is a bit difficult (especially awakened gems and lvl 21 gems) but I am pretty happy with where I've landed, and I have so much room for improvement it's crazy (no cluster jewels for one).

It's also rather tanky albeit hovering more over the right side of the tree.
Because I didn't have a Shav' I've instead decided to go for 4 perma flask using Brutal Restraint (The Traitor keystone) and a passive skill tree flask wheel.
This allows me for permanent coruscating elixir (easy shav) and 3 other flasks: sapphire / topaz / silver (onslaught), but you can also use a bismuth or a diamond as the last one. You also need to roll the flasks properly and craft "reused at the end of flask effect" on each one. But then you just hit the flasks at the beginning of the map and don't need to care about them (except the silver one running out but very rarely)
This allows to have a permanent 50/50/50 res (can get even more if you craft 30% ele res during flask effect on one of your flasks) + 20% less elemental damage taken, a free 50% evasion (or armour) from flask suffix, permanent onslaught, etc... It's a great defensive layer and it also allows you to use something else than Shav as your body armour. I am using Ghostwrithe because it's a cheap way to get lots of ES and chaos resistance, but if you're richer you could use a high ES armour with crit chance / additional curse.

Here is my PoB that can be used for inspiration:

https://pobb.in/pfqEA01q12xo

As I said, damage on my PoB is shit (not a lot of resources) but the perma flask feels amazing and is cheap AF.

Mad respect for not only doing this with archnem included in the game, but SSF! I'm definitely going to be ogling your PoB for this secret tech and if I ever update the build, I'll feature your variation up there :)
After GGG deleted my preferred build last league, I didn't know what to play this time around. I settled with alt quality heist farmer and dumped ALL OF MY MONEY into trying this build. I have zero idea how to set up my POB to properly show damage but heres what i've got so far after ~70 divines thrown at the build. https://pastebin.com/dt0XdhPs
I'm still missing a lot of the passive tree that I would like to have but I couldn't get XP due to my low survivability. I spent 2 jewel sockets for the forbidden flame/flesh combo for soul drinker, for the leech not being removed at max es/% dmg leeched as es and 20% increased attack speed to help get this proccing enough. I also allocated the ghost reaver keystone for the "maximum total energy shield recovery per second from leech is doubled." The downside of no energy shield recharge has yet to show itself as something major as I have yet to die from it so far. The amount of leech I ended up having made me not die from practically anything unless it instantly killed me. I tried looking around at different things to increase my maximum energy shield like allocating more ES nodes and getting higher rolls on gear. I kept looking at the helmet slot as it is A LOTTTTT of lost energy shield by having to use usurper's penance, which does literally nothing other than frenzy charge generation and a bit of armor. I found getting an elegant hubris, putting it in the top left cluster jewel slot, and moving the cluster jewel setup to the top right of the tree for 3 more points used let me use a rare helmet instead of usurpers. Having a rare helmet instead of a unique lets you get helmet eldritch implicits, a few hundred base energy shield, and possibly attribute/resistance rolls to give you more leeway with the rest of your gear. Swapping usurpers for a rare got me ~900 more maximum energy shield. I put put exarchs damage per pcharge and eater reservation efficiency so i can run aspect of the spider. You can get a different eater mod if you have a better reservation efficiency stat on your ashes. Gonna try to get my character up a few more levels to grab some of the things I respecced out of, like throatseeker and some of the +1 charge nodes. I would like a way to get brittle applied to enemies without needing to walk a little as I think i'm not crit capped without it. I'll try to go the route of losing shavs and having permanent coruscating elixir like the other person commented but i'm out of currency now lmao.
"
MTDubbs wrote:
After GGG deleted my preferred build last league, I didn't know what to play this time around. I settled with alt quality heist farmer and dumped ALL OF MY MONEY into trying this build. I have zero idea how to set up my POB to properly show damage but heres what i've got so far after ~70 divines thrown at the build. https://pastebin.com/dt0XdhPs
I'm still missing a lot of the passive tree that I would like to have but I couldn't get XP due to my low survivability. I spent 2 jewel sockets for the forbidden flame/flesh combo for soul drinker, for the leech not being removed at max es/% dmg leeched as es and 20% increased attack speed to help get this proccing enough. I also allocated the ghost reaver keystone for the "maximum total energy shield recovery per second from leech is doubled." The downside of no energy shield recharge has yet to show itself as something major as I have yet to die from it so far. The amount of leech I ended up having made me not die from practically anything unless it instantly killed me. I tried looking around at different things to increase my maximum energy shield like allocating more ES nodes and getting higher rolls on gear. I kept looking at the helmet slot as it is A LOTTTTT of lost energy shield by having to use usurper's penance, which does literally nothing other than frenzy charge generation and a bit of armor. I found getting an elegant hubris, putting it in the top left cluster jewel slot, and moving the cluster jewel setup to the top right of the tree for 3 more points used let me use a rare helmet instead of usurpers. Having a rare helmet instead of a unique lets you get helmet eldritch implicits, a few hundred base energy shield, and possibly attribute/resistance rolls to give you more leeway with the rest of your gear. Swapping usurpers for a rare got me ~900 more maximum energy shield. I put put exarchs damage per pcharge and eater reservation efficiency so i can run aspect of the spider. You can get a different eater mod if you have a better reservation efficiency stat on your ashes. Gonna try to get my character up a few more levels to grab some of the things I respecced out of, like throatseeker and some of the +1 charge nodes. I would like a way to get brittle applied to enemies without needing to walk a little as I think i'm not crit capped without it. I'll try to go the route of losing shavs and having permanent coruscating elixir like the other person commented but i'm out of currency now lmao.

Wow, the main thing is - does that Elegant Hubris supply enough Frenzies to do bosses reliably? That is insane tech!!
"
primaeva wrote:
"
MTDubbs wrote:

Wow, the main thing is - does that Elegant Hubris supply enough Frenzies to do bosses reliably? That is insane tech!!

I found a few that give 20% chance on hit - the prayer is that there is no ICD on these (as per critical strike per enemy has no CD but a bunch of on-hit stuff does).

Still, as you say, that's a great way to bring this build back to premium status! There's even the chance for some Petrified Blood + Eye of Chayula Shenanigans that will put you back up to 8k ES. Finally, yes, Soul Drinker is an INSANE addition now!
is this still a viable build ?
Last edited by YuhaKiiva on Mar 11, 2023, 1:54:50 PM
"
YuhaKiiva wrote:
is this still a viable build ?

It is, I played it last league and farmed deli 80 with it. Here is my write up on the subject (copy-pasted from reddit). You have 4 pobs, one very cheap (< 5 div) and then you can see the progression to 80+ div, going from 500k DPS to ~6M.

Also this league you can forgo to helmet and use a cospri with "flickerstrike uses power charge instead of frenzy charges" which is amazing and would free the helmet slot for a real helmet.
Probably gonna play it again this league as a league ending build where I pour all my currency.

"
I am triggering Ice nova as a main skill and Phantasmal frostbolt / Divergent creeping frost in Cospri.

Frenzies are maintained using the helmet "Usurper's Penance" which gives ~25% chance to get a frenzy on crit at close range which is pretty much all the time and counts for spells too. It is impossible to run out of frenzy charges even with only 3 max charges. Very comfy. Only maps hard to run are "monsters steal charges" (but doable) and reflect (quasi impossible)

If you want more info:

This is a low life build so you can use Shavronne, but I personally go with Coruscating Elixir + The traitor keystone from Brutal Restraint which gives you pretty much perma flask (coruscating and topaz / sapphire flask are actually permanent even in hideout, just not the quicksilver / granite). This frees up the body armour slot and you can use anything you want. I chose Ghostwrithe because it gives an insane amount of ES + Chaos resist and it's very cheap even with double corruption (10 div for +3 gem lvl).

I also use a Forbidden Flame/Flesh with Soul Drinker (energy shield overleech from trickster) which makes you absolutely insanely tanky. It's also very inexpensive somehow. I've also tried with "One Step Ahead" Forbidden F/F to be immune to slow / stun, etc... But it didn't feel tanky enough in high deli juiced maps.

The watcher's eye (~1 div with just es on hit mod) is fairly major for tankyness but not necessary I played without it last league.

Mana cost are handled with 2 elreon's craft on rings + a flask with reduced mana cost of skills during effect. The flask is very important for damage uptime.

PoBs with budget and gear progression:

Base PoB ~20-30 div (any belt + 1 passive tree flask wheel for perma flask): https://pobb.in/CEBomkDE89gb

Mid investment PoB ~50 div (micro-distillery belt for permaflask): https://pobb.in/l6x8nCHM1UQ9

Higher investment PoB ~80+ div (ashes of the star + micro-distillery belt or HH, I use HH for high deli and micro-distillery belt for other content): https://pobb.in/n825mSNpYEHw

Absolutely not min maxed, lots to improve and I never changed the gloves, I am also lacking a bit of attack speed to be near the breakpoint. It can definitely go higher DPS wise and I am not sure Ashes of the stars was a boost worth its cost.

Here is a video of a T16 high quant map under 2 minutes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSUVFcawsyU

I've been using it to farm 60-80% deli 100% quant maps so it does work very well on maps with high pack size, very satisfying.

You don't need HH at all it's just funnier with it. I also tried to use a double implicit Soulthirst for a while with a cluster jewel for flask duration, worked fairly well but was too spiky for my taste and sometimes you just get too much attack speed which isn't good for CoC, but it still was very fun.

PS: If anybody is interested but doesn't have the currency: here is a very cheap (<5 div) evasion based + 100% spell suppression version: https://pobb.in/i-2dO6bLhzmy

That's what I ran last league but it lacked damage, I was semi-SSF (private league) so hard to come by most of the stuff needed. Still worked quite fine for farming T16. I do think the armour version is better and can be made for less than 10 div too.
Last edited by Diacred on Apr 18, 2023, 5:56:57 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info