[3.17] 👑PoE on Steroids: ✨Flicker Strike✨ CoC Ice Nova / Spear ❄️ - S-Tier T16s, Sirus, map/boss ✔️

"
"
Oh yeah, do you think it would be overkill to use a awakened multistrike support?

I found awakened to be a great upgrade as it will give you 1 addition flicker strike every time. This helps you generate more frenzy charges and not be standing around waiting for flicker to come off cool down. Wiki links below for reference.

https://pathofexile.fandom.com/wiki/Awakened_Multistrike_Support

https://pathofexile.fandom.com/wiki/Multistrike_Support

ummm what? I dont disagree about the gem, but even without it you should never be waiting for flicker cooldown. whats going on there?
"
BruteNewb wrote:
"
"
Oh yeah, do you think it would be overkill to use a awakened multistrike support?

I found awakened to be a great upgrade as it will give you 1 addition flicker strike every time. This helps you generate more frenzy charges and not be standing around waiting for flicker to come off cool down. Wiki links below for reference.

https://pathofexile.fandom.com/wiki/Awakened_Multistrike_Support

https://pathofexile.fandom.com/wiki/Multistrike_Support

ummm what? I dont disagree about the gem, but even without it you should never be waiting for flicker cooldown. whats going on there?

Happens to me too sometimes, just if the first flicker strike is unlucky and doesn't generate any frenzy charges. Likely from the % chance of the helmet missing 3 (or 4) times, or just crit not being maxed out without having all the buffs going. But once the buffs are up and charges .. charged, its quite smooth.

Personally doing t16 maps without issues now, just dying to (maven boosted) map bosses now and then. Quite surely have gear pieces that could be improved, sitting at 5.7k ES. It's really fun though to be zooming through the maps, only slowed by looting ^^ (but prefer to slow a bit and loot than to clear it all then move all the way back for loot)
Last edited by schattenwulf on May 13, 2022, 12:54:23 AM
Well boys, literally have been working until 25 minutes ago. I haven't watched Sentinel trailers, or read up any patch notes, or done any research. I only have one favour to ask of you -

Pull me back into PoE, I miss it!

- Written 5 minutes after league start, I'm not going to break a 8-year tradition. :D (may go to sleep in Act 3 though, fuck, I'm getting old.)
💥💫BB Unloader 1000% AoE 70m DPS🗡️🔪🔫: view-thread/3466787
FlickerCoC Ice Nova / Spear Assassin: view-thread/3225536
🔨⚡CWC Lightning Conduit Mjolner Trickster: view-thread/3300148
VD Arcanist Brand Necro: view-thread/2911667
"
I saw the request for some research on omni and if it is viable.

https://pastebin.com/bwTZf8Da

Swapping to omni:
Lose accuracy from accuracy mastery that grants accuracy per dex. not sure how to make this up. Can cause you to not generate enough frenzy.
Dropped Purity of elements - Picked up Vaal Molten shell cwdt
Requires 1028 omni to equip everything with 25% omni amulet.

Notes from playing:
Feels tanky
Great damage
4.700 es instead of 7k - big hits are a problem
Losing purity of elements means you aren't ailment immune.

If there are other specifics to test I am happy to test them. Currently leveling to 100 for the last 3 skill points and tracking down higher level gems.

Just saw this - thank you for the notes. I had no idea Ashes made that much of a change to the ES pool. Will add you to the Omniscience section ocne I've caught up on the game, been away for 2 months basically. xD
"
A muddy build for nerds, not ordinary players. Expensive, the gameplay is like a piano. Respec at the highest levels is unclear why: it's easier to pump in any known build from the beginning. In general, only for those who have a lot of time and currency.

Ah, I love this, Imma put it up in the "reviews".

I would describe my ideal PoE as a muddy game for nerds, not ordinary players, so this really is the highest compliment to me and assurance that the build is exactly what me and the OG players of it want it to be - a hodgepodge of crazy stat requirements and hole-plugging to make a beautiful zooming shatter-y map farmer that can knock down map bosses. :D
"
primaeva wrote:
"
A muddy build for nerds, not ordinary players. Expensive, the gameplay is like a piano. Respec at the highest levels is unclear why: it's easier to pump in any known build from the beginning. In general, only for those who have a lot of time and currency.

Ah, I love this, Imma put it up in the "reviews".

I would describe my ideal PoE as a muddy game for nerds, not ordinary players, so this really is the highest compliment to me and assurance that the build is exactly what me and the OG players of it want it to be - a hodgepodge of crazy stat requirements and hole-plugging to make a beautiful zooming shatter-y map farmer that can knock down map bosses. :D

and also be unto you for it hath is the one that most is them amen.
Just want to make a very quick PSA that Ashes while fun and QOL-ey is absolutely not worth any more than 3ex as far as this build goes. It was only thrown in as core recommendation because having a fat 30% additional quality on Flicker made massive jumps possible, but 20% still feels pretty good tbh especially with more frenzy charges (see below).

Easily drop to Badge of the Brotherhood (the original neck) for some ridiculous speed or Presence of Chayula for very nice tankiness (6k --> 8k and 7k -> 9k).

"
primaeva wrote:
Just want to make a very quick PSA that Ashes while fun and QOL-ey is absolutely not worth any more than 3ex as far as this build goes. It was only thrown in as core recommendation because having a fat 30% additional quality on Flicker made massive jumps possible, but 20% still feels pretty good tbh especially with more frenzy charges (see below).

Easily drop to Badge of the Brotherhood (the original neck) for some ridiculous speed or Presence of Chayula for very nice tankiness (6k --> 8k and 7k -> 9k).

Do you have PoB for Badge/Chayula version?
So I'm struggling with dps on bosses and occasionally rare monsters. Level 90 with a good amount of ES and a fair bit of the build and some other things i've swapped from a basic cyclone+CoC to improve a few things. Here is my PoB:

Updated to current PoB (lvl 92): https://pastebin.com/jEe3tyrN

I was just fighting a boss in T16 map with unrecommended mods on the map and i noticed that ice spear in my cospris was not proccing at all. Why is that?

EDIT: Ran a shit load of low red tier maps till I finally hit level 92. have all 3 cluster jewels not completely noded out but close and it still feels like dps isn't quite all there. It really feels like something is missing. Can say for sure that the gems socketed in the cospri are proccing but not nearly as often as i think they should be. tried killing Hydra on T15 map without any rippy mods and couldn't kill it. Got it down just below half hp before losing my last portal :/

Would appreciate help with my character as I really enjoy this build, its incredibly fun when im able to kill shit lol
Last edited by Lvcci_the_Lion on May 26, 2022, 11:46:52 AM
I put 40ex into this build, had the proper watcher's eye but the build just struggles to survive against anything it doesn't one shot.

The price of Ashes now makes it unviable for this build and the lack of mana reservation efficiency means you have to take a couple of nodes on the passive tree to fix that.

I figured a Headhunter would fix this build along with Cyclone, unfortunately it's still not great.

Essence Rares take a ridiculous amount of time to kill and the lack of other mobs around to regen off of usually means death if the essence rares are duplicated.

Would not recommend, stay away until Archnemesis mobs are tuned down.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info