[3.17] 👑PoE on Steroids: ✨Flicker Strike✨ CoC Ice Nova / Spear ❄️ - S-Tier T16s, Sirus, map/boss ✔️

Today was a good lab day :)
"
Jubelina wrote:
"
Haha that's alright, since your account is public I went ahead and extracted your PoB for you: https://pastebin.com/c9yTr3Zk

There are a bunch of major issues and it's no wonder you feel it's rather coinflippy!

A) DEFENSIVE PROBLEMS

1) Fire Resist must be capped, even without Wise Oak. Elemental damage is always balanced around 75% capped resistance so you are taking more than double the intended fire damage in maps.

2) If possible, try to make Cold Res your highest resist as well as that would buff your Wise Oak to give 8% elemental penetration which is huge for this build.

3) 4350 ES - this is about 1650 ES less than I'd recommend for T16 maps. For now, wear a Presence of Chayula till you can afford better gear (which, as someone mentioned, you really gotta use Armorer's Scraps on em, they add base ES which is scaled hard and you'll end up with hundreds more ES.

4) Level 86 - The next few levels just pump everything into defense (the ES nodes).

B) OFFENSIVE PROBLEMS

1) So the mana issue as Chris correctly predicted is what's killing you - you are probably flicker striking like 4 times and then stop. Your Flicker Strike costs 7 mana and your main Ice Nova costs 17 mana, on top of Cospri trigger costl.

1a) You NEED the Clever Thief Node, it's very point-efficient for mana return.

1b) You NEED to get BOTH rings a -7 mana cost to non-channelling skills enchant. Check the guide for info on how to get this, or just PM someone in trade to do it for a fee, it should cost like 10c now to get done.

This will bring your Ice Nova down to 3 and make your Flicker Strike free, allowing you to blast through maps really fast before stuff can even unfreeze and hit back.

With your current set up, you can probably Flicker strike literally 20 times per 10 seconds, whereas a fixed and functional build Flicker Strikes 20 times in 3 seconds.

Anyway I can get a PoB on this improvement as its easier to follow than reading it since im comprehension skills aren't that great. Its hard for me to read something and understand :x If that makes any sense.

I get what you mean, but that would be basically the PoB in the opening thread wouldn't it?? D: almost all the differences are from not following that PoB xD

With the exception of Presence of Chayula.

So to make this easy:

1) Buy + anoint a Presence of Chayula.

2) Make sure you have -7 and -7 to non-channelling spells' mana cost on both ring slots.

And that will solve most of your issues right now!!
💥💫BB Unloader 1000% AoE 70m DPS🗡️🔪🔫: view-thread/3466787
FlickerCoC Ice Nova / Spear Assassin: view-thread/3225536
🔨⚡CWC Lightning Conduit Mjolner Trickster: view-thread/3300148
VD Arcanist Brand Necro: view-thread/2911667
"

Mother of god. The holy grail. You sir are a paragon of sheer fucking will, having a build-appropriate helm is almost taboo these days!!!
"

Show us some footage!!
"
primaeva wrote:
"

Mother of god. The holy grail. You sir are a paragon of sheer fucking will, having a build-appropriate helm is almost taboo these days!!!

Hehe. :) Well getting corrupted unique helm with enchant can be tricky. If the build needs a rare helm, then its a lot easier to get enchant and +1 to max power charge. I skipped a few leagues and the changes to the game, specially to the lab is awesome. Being able to enchant corrupted items is OP.

Sadly my pc kicked the bucket before league start and im using my old 2500k, which has cpu bottleneck, so i can't record any watchable content. :(
https://pastebin.com/5KSQrqnd
I feel like my damage is too low and that I'm kind of squishy
Last edited by RewQew on Apr 17, 2022, 8:46:42 AM
Thanks for the clearly written and great guide to a really fun build. I haven't maxed out the build or tried the bossing version but it is close(max gems, jewel implicits, helm enchant, maybe something I am missing?).

https://pastebin.com/YV1USdDb
If i get the Strike skills to target an additional nearby enemy eldritch implicit on gloves. Would my trigger rate for ice nova double via flicker strike additional target? just a pure mapping perspective.
I feel like I've followed this pretty strictly and for some reason my Cospri skills fire very slowly. I'm getting 1 where you are getting 40 casts. What have I done wrong?

https://pastebin.com/fMmQFJaz

hey im highly enjoying the build its super fun for mapping, i've followed the build pretty thoroughly for the Ice Nova Choice and went out of my way to invest a decent amount into it with 6k es, swapping into Cyclone with Energy leech for bossing, and while it does the job good for map bosses i seem to have survivability issues heading towards more end-game boss fights, i was wondering if you could check over my character and see if there is anywhere further i could improve it or if i have missed something along the way?

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Sethw66/characters
Last edited by Sethw66 on Apr 30, 2022, 3:08:33 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info