[3.17] 👑PoE on Steroids: ✨Flicker Strike✨ CoC Ice Nova / Spear ❄️ - S-Tier T16s, Sirus, map/boss ✔️

"
Jubelina wrote:
"
chrischoi wrote:
"
Jubelina wrote:
I seem to be dying to T4 mobs and idk why. I got all the items needed for the build and gems. I tryed doing a T16 but failed really badly. I'm not sure if something slipped by me without me noticing it. I'm just clueless right now on why im dying so far. Any Advice is welcomed.

I'll try to hop on tonight and watch you stream. You should be able to rip through T4 pretty easy with what you have. I'm just ripping apart a keyboard, so I'll hop on Discord. Random things...
Quality your items with Armourer's Scrap. Boots and gloves. Should give some more ES.
Don't worry about getting life on items. Movement speed on the boots.

Facetor's Lense to level the gems fast. I'd go that route on the Awakened Cast on Crit. Lvl 5 helps IMO. But you'll need everything else to support it.

When dying, does it seem like your Flicker Strike just stops? You get hit a bit, then die? You might not have the mana sustain? Flicker Strike starts, but then you may not have enough mana to start it again. So all the auras will reserve that and make it real low. Then also skills that are triggered take from that pool. So you have to regen/leech faster and keep it topped off all the time.

Also make sure you're not running elemental reflect/no regen/steal charges/monsters avoid elemental ailments/no leech maps.

Also your Atlas Passives. If you followed an end game one and went across the top, that equates to 40% quality. Not only that, but depending on what passives there, you could just have super tough monsters depending on what league you pathed out to.

Yeah, I've been keeping my eyes out for the maps that is a no go for me with those stats. This is my first season with PoE so im pretty new to the game. The monsters seem to go from good to bad depending on the monsters..

Also Berserker is also a No go cause they do insane amount of dmg and i cant kill them fast enough. My flicker doesnt stop at all. Its all good other than things seem to die not fast and takes awhile.

I have enough mana to start the flicker and do it again. With mobs I do get some mana back as well. the only things i am having an issuse with is killing mobs fast enough and dying to them.

Haha that's alright, since your account is public I went ahead and extracted your PoB for you: https://pastebin.com/c9yTr3Zk

There are a bunch of major issues and it's no wonder you feel it's rather coinflippy!

A) DEFENSIVE PROBLEMS

1) Fire Resist must be capped, even without Wise Oak. Elemental damage is always balanced around 75% capped resistance so you are taking more than double the intended fire damage in maps.

2) If possible, try to make Cold Res your highest resist as well as that would buff your Wise Oak to give 8% elemental penetration which is huge for this build.

3) 4350 ES - this is about 1650 ES less than I'd recommend for T16 maps. For now, wear a Presence of Chayula till you can afford better gear (which, as someone mentioned, you really gotta use Armorer's Scraps on em, they add base ES which is scaled hard and you'll end up with hundreds more ES.

4) Level 86 - The next few levels just pump everything into defense (the ES nodes).

B) OFFENSIVE PROBLEMS

1) So the mana issue as Chris correctly predicted is what's killing you - you are probably flicker striking like 4 times and then stop. Your Flicker Strike costs 7 mana and your main Ice Nova costs 17 mana, on top of Cospri trigger costl.

1a) You NEED the Clever Thief Node, it's very point-efficient for mana return.

1b) You NEED to get BOTH rings a -7 mana cost to non-channelling skills enchant. Check the guide for info on how to get this, or just PM someone in trade to do it for a fee, it should cost like 10c now to get done.

This will bring your Ice Nova down to 3 and make your Flicker Strike free, allowing you to blast through maps really fast before stuff can even unfreeze and hit back.

With your current set up, you can probably Flicker strike literally 20 times per 10 seconds, whereas a fixed and functional build Flicker Strikes 20 times in 3 seconds.
💥💫BB Unloader 1000% AoE 70m DPS🗡️🔪🔫: view-thread/3466787
FlickerCoC Ice Nova / Spear Assassin: view-thread/3225536
🔨⚡CWC Lightning Conduit Mjolner Trickster: view-thread/3300148
VD Arcanist Brand Necro: view-thread/2911667
Last edited by primaeva on Apr 7, 2022, 9:48:17 AM
Thanks a bunch for the fun build! :) I got bored with my other league char and wanted a fast mapper, well it is fast idd. Spent a lot more than 20 ex on it, but totally worth it, already made huge profit.
"
primaeva wrote:
"
Lucky77777 wrote:
I am enjoying the build, only two things seem to kill me on T16 maps, bleeding and getting shot from a distance from multiple mobs. Bleeding is not so bad if there are enough mobs around for me to kill. I'd hate to have to use one of my flask slots just to deal with it. I don't really know if there is a solution to the distance shots (i usually run away and regen shield, or I try to dash to them quickly and burn them down).

Heya! What pantheons do you run? It's hardly ideal but I do seem to survive with upgraded Ralakesh - so much that this league I didn't even need to run Vaal Discipline. Otherwise - Vaal Discipline is a huge bleed "flask", and Ralakesh is the stopgap and one of the highest value Panths you can use.

As for being shot - yeah, especially if you roll double % element maps, ranged mobs can gib you. Do you have Divergent Flicker? That seems to have helped me basically reach everything before they can even move.

(Also are these the firing squad mobs from the Eldritch Altars?)

the bats in the delves are my main headache at the moment. even though they are relatively weak, when 10 or more fire at you at the same time, it really drains the ES. since i posted, I upgraded the pantheons and also got the jewel cluster for the larger area effect and that has helped a lot. Also, getting better at using Vaal discipline, so not dying as much. Thanks for the help.
"
Thanks a bunch for the fun build! :) I got bored with my other league char and wanted a fast mapper, well it is fast idd. Spent a lot more than 20 ex on it, but totally worth it, already made huge profit.

Really glad to hear this! :D It's still a version 1.0 so if you have any feedback, pain points or ideas, let us hear it a'ight?

Hoping for secret buffs to it next league, haha!
"
Lucky77777 wrote:
"
primaeva wrote:
"
Lucky77777 wrote:
I am enjoying the build, only two things seem to kill me on T16 maps, bleeding and getting shot from a distance from multiple mobs. Bleeding is not so bad if there are enough mobs around for me to kill. I'd hate to have to use one of my flask slots just to deal with it. I don't really know if there is a solution to the distance shots (i usually run away and regen shield, or I try to dash to them quickly and burn them down).

Heya! What pantheons do you run? It's hardly ideal but I do seem to survive with upgraded Ralakesh - so much that this league I didn't even need to run Vaal Discipline. Otherwise - Vaal Discipline is a huge bleed "flask", and Ralakesh is the stopgap and one of the highest value Panths you can use.

As for being shot - yeah, especially if you roll double % element maps, ranged mobs can gib you. Do you have Divergent Flicker? That seems to have helped me basically reach everything before they can even move.

(Also are these the firing squad mobs from the Eldritch Altars?)

the bats in the delves are my main headache at the moment. even though they are relatively weak, when 10 or more fire at you at the same time, it really drains the ES. since i posted, I upgraded the pantheons and also got the jewel cluster for the larger area effect and that has helped a lot. Also, getting better at using Vaal discipline, so not dying as much. Thanks for the help.

Oh wow! Delve is notorious for being horrible for flicker since you can go off the path like crazy! Ahaha.

Glad to hear it's getting better. Sapphire Flask really helps with those bats - and also, if you have mana for CWDT-Ball Lightning, they stop raiding your ES at all!
"
primaeva wrote:
"

Really glad to hear this! :D It's still a version 1.0 so if you have any feedback, pain points or ideas, let us hear it a'ight?

Hoping for secret buffs to it next league, haha!

Well i can only tell how important it is to minmax the gear depending on your farming purpose. As i said my goal was to have a fast mapper.Im farming invitations and maps from the map boss and essences if they are on the path to the boss. The boss im farming has adds, so the ele pen boot enchant was not an option. Got the 16% AS on boots and bought a double implicit Cospri (crit chance and 10% elemental pen) with accuracy enchant. This way the char always has high dps. Degen was an issue, so i bought a decent Watcher and a jewel with cb immunity. With divergent inspiration the -7 mana cost on both rings is enough, got an extra dps jewel instead of the replica Conq Eff. Only things hurt now are stuff like ignite and burning ground and ofc damage from bosses you'd have to avoid anyway. The kill/clear speed is amazing. I can't farm like a machine, but still getting like 5ex per hour while watching series, so its nice. :)
I read that you guys were talking about delve being difficult for flicker... Well it can be hard ofc, but I've never found so many hidden walls lol! :D

here is my pob:
https://pastebin.com/32tkX1cS

just a small addendum on farming strats for the curious

Delve - As other have already said, its technically doable, but not the most fun experience ive had. flicker gon flick

Boss rush + essences - Actually i think its pretty great. Maybe not as great as palsterons lightning warper, but def fast enough to turn great profits in a brain dead way. Palsteron likes atoll/arcade but i ended up liking cemetary/coves better

Hardcore juiced gilded sextanted 80% deli conquerer cemetary maps - So i ran 4 maps with giga juice, and while i technically completed them all, it was not what i would call relaxed. It was probably the most kills/second ive ever experienced, mind u i was wearing a HH, but as i didnt hit any big drops it wasnt particularly profitable. and it took a long time to trade for supplies to set up. Also with that level of juice i started hitting the cap on mechanics/map and my alvas would get blocked costing me deli bar fill. just not a smooth or fun gameplay style for me. maybe you will like it tho.

Out of everything weird i tried tbh i think i would just stick with like quickly doing medium juiced t16s. Like just slap some chisels and alchs, watch for reflect, use whatever polished scarabs u like, whatever sextant mods come up, get some harbinger shards and keep rollin. This build is so fast it kinda doesnt make sense to over prepare your map
Hi, i tried this build, spent a few exalts on it. Mapping feels nice, but boss damage is awful. Spent like 10-20seconds for regular t16 map boss. If I swap only flicker gem for cyclone in 6l setup its getting better, but still sucks
https://pastebin.com/PYu3XMH1
Where did I fucked up?
Last edited by Lyqrick on Apr 10, 2022, 12:23:23 PM
"
Lyqrick wrote:
Hi, i tried this build, spent a few exalts on it. Mapping feels nice, but boss damage is awful. Spent like 10-20seconds for regular t16 map boss. If I swap only flicker gem for cyclone in 6l setup its getting better, but still sucks
https://pastebin.com/PYu3XMH1
Where did I fucked up?

is your mana bottoming? doesnt look like it should be.

are you remembering to cast vortex all the time?

You could pump some levels and fill that last jewel in.

That life flask could be a bottled faith instead. Actually most of your flasks could use work. You need 'of draining' somewhere.

Overall i dont see anything massively wrong, which makes me suspect its something mechanical
"
Haha that's alright, since your account is public I went ahead and extracted your PoB for you: https://pastebin.com/c9yTr3Zk

There are a bunch of major issues and it's no wonder you feel it's rather coinflippy!

A) DEFENSIVE PROBLEMS

1) Fire Resist must be capped, even without Wise Oak. Elemental damage is always balanced around 75% capped resistance so you are taking more than double the intended fire damage in maps.

2) If possible, try to make Cold Res your highest resist as well as that would buff your Wise Oak to give 8% elemental penetration which is huge for this build.

3) 4350 ES - this is about 1650 ES less than I'd recommend for T16 maps. For now, wear a Presence of Chayula till you can afford better gear (which, as someone mentioned, you really gotta use Armorer's Scraps on em, they add base ES which is scaled hard and you'll end up with hundreds more ES.

4) Level 86 - The next few levels just pump everything into defense (the ES nodes).

B) OFFENSIVE PROBLEMS

1) So the mana issue as Chris correctly predicted is what's killing you - you are probably flicker striking like 4 times and then stop. Your Flicker Strike costs 7 mana and your main Ice Nova costs 17 mana, on top of Cospri trigger costl.

1a) You NEED the Clever Thief Node, it's very point-efficient for mana return.

1b) You NEED to get BOTH rings a -7 mana cost to non-channelling skills enchant. Check the guide for info on how to get this, or just PM someone in trade to do it for a fee, it should cost like 10c now to get done.

This will bring your Ice Nova down to 3 and make your Flicker Strike free, allowing you to blast through maps really fast before stuff can even unfreeze and hit back.

With your current set up, you can probably Flicker strike literally 20 times per 10 seconds, whereas a fixed and functional build Flicker Strikes 20 times in 3 seconds.

Anyway I can get a PoB on this improvement as its easier to follow than reading it since im comprehension skills aren't that great. Its hard for me to read something and understand :x If that makes any sense.
Last edited by Jubelina on Apr 14, 2022, 1:26:18 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info