Prophecy Removal in 3.17.0

"
Grungehog wrote:
"Not exciting uniques"

To quote Matt Lighty "A unique item just has to be unique"

Wall of brambles needs to stay especially given the changes to armour.
it is the only item that reflects damage in that way, literally build enabling
Why not instead just give us proper 3d art for the bramblejack/wall of brambles?

Crystal vault is a great armour piece that gives some very strong defensive layers that you simply can't get elsewhere

The oak is a competitor for many other shields when running Rf builds as it's the only shield that can give you 6% life regen as well as 150life, yes it's defenses are garbage but that's the price to pay.

Sunspite being removed will massively affect the hotheaded jewel self ignite builds that struggle seriously to get a way to self ignite otherwise.

Ezomyte hold giving stun immunity for the price of your head slot seems fair to me.

Deidbellow is the only item to give attack speed to you and allies when warcry, why remove that?

Also Panquatzlatzli is a solid item for spell builds especially with battlemage, why remove it, it's one of the more fun uniques and the upgrade to quecholli feels good, blowing up the screen with funny interactions is always a laugh.

I actually think that prophecy needs to go but I am worried you're getting rid of some of the character of the game doing it this way, not to mention some items will be harder to source and linking items until 4.0 will become even more painful(literally) than ever.
It feels like you're going to put even more pressure on the div cards to compensate and that will further dilute the already bloated div card pool.

The fated system was a good way to take pressure off the normal unique pool but judging by your latest decisions with boss loot and target farming it seems you're doing this on purpose at this point. looking at that oppressor...
+1

unique items that do unique things and/or provide unique sources of large values dont need to be removed; they already are in the game and they get their niche uses. it's awesome to see someone with a unique that doesnt get use and them putting it to great/clever use. this is what poe is all about.
After a little while of running prophecies constantly to use up the silver - and having a lot of fun with it - I have to say two things:

1. I can absolutely see why it's being removed, the technical debt is obviously vast and the UI (especially around the prophecy chains) is - with a politeness probably wasted on this forum - not what the GGG team would produce today. It's so obviously a design constraint, a dev time sink, and probably needs most of a new league mechanic's worth of effort to make it not so. It's fun, but man is it flaky, and making it not-flaky looks like a high-effort-low-reward job.

2. I really hope that there will one day be a prophecy league mark 2, with the core concept of these little tradeable, triggerable mini-missions, but with a smoother UX and built in a way that doesn't hamper future development as much.
I must say that's quite poggers! :pogchamp:
There are still a great number of useful prophecies now. This deletion seems too reckless for the core game.

What seems more important is when tailsman and abyss related litter will be deleted?
The POE suffers these two trash league for so long!
As for these unique items, I guess it is a silly way to delete them (unless you GGG delete all of these original version, I mean, junk), you guys just evade to reestimate and redesign to make these unique items unique enough to support new and interesting builds, but make the game single and boring.

Besides, prophecy only means these upgraded unique items? How can you guys have such brainless and funny idea? Prophecy could add monster groups into maps, provide tradable missions, reduce the difficulty to farm a 5- or 6- linked item, increase quantity to map, give us a great way to farm corrupted 6-linked items and provide chance to get a unique item from their base types ( yeah, I mean your "trash to trash", fxxk of opressor). Its deletion will directly ruin the core game. Directly, we can never use The Jeweller's Touch any more, then the tabula's price just go upper and upper, okay, an interesting prophase experience.

While you guys added silly mechanism (such as the impossible scourge benefitial mods and facile but devastating scourge detrimental mods) and deleted interesting ones in game, or just made it boring, there would just be fewer and fewer player. You do need to reflect what you've done during the past 6 months, or maybe 9 months (I guess it started since the crazy underworld mods in ultimatum).

We players gave you guys a chance again and again, but finally we will still be fed up by your funny changes and leave POE forever, if you don't cherish the game and players at all.

It is a complaint, but not just a complaint. I know you will never take our advice to heart. After Zizaran's private league, I can guess what will occur to test our lower limit one more time.
So no more +5 max cold resist from Kaltensoul ?

I'm never doing Veritania again I guess :(

Oh well, I will do delve instead...
Oh this kinda sucks. Selling Fated items where my go to for early chaos saving and fating maxed out Time Clasp Rings where such a better option in the RNG department (and cheaper) to get those sweet fated -10 versions.

This really sucks.

EDIT:

Out of curiosity, how come GGG never posts a poll on certain things they have in mind in regards to over all game changes that would affect the game world? I could understand not putting out a poll in regards to removing keystones etc or when ever they make changes, but something that changes the gaming world that affects ALL players, regardless if they partake in Prophs or not would be something to see if how the players would feel about it.

I just don't understand why this would be removed
Last edited by VomitChrist on Dec 26, 2021, 12:20:23 PM
"
fuzzyrat1234 wrote:
Thank you GGG for getting rid of this...now after you delete all prophecy's I will have 2 stash tabs empty and so now I won't have to buy anything....good things DO come to those who wait! Now I won't have to buy any new stash tabs for a long time. HAHA, joke is on you this time!

+1 to Heist. SO POINTLESS and NOT FUN at all...
"
spaceace7373 wrote:
this forum is only to let players know what GGG is "going" to do. no matter if you like it or not. your opinions really don't matter. look when they nerfed harvest. the announcement came out and in a short amount of time, thousands of posts poured in with disapproval and it still got nerfed to the ground. GGG "thinks" they know what players want. all they do is listen to the .1% cry when casual players start getting good endgame gear and nerf it to the ground. when that same .1% cries about a nerf, they make changes.

normal, casual players simply do not matter as Chris had mentioned that they never expect most new players to ever get out of white maps and they are making the game reflect exactly that.

new players show up, buy a couple stash tabs, play for a while, have trouble with progression mostly due to the piss poor and toxic trade system and complicated builds. casual players have a real life and can't play poe like a job. GGG wants people to dedicate every waking hour to playing. then, new players leave. but not before GGG gets some of their money. now, multiply that by however many new players come and go = profit for GGG.

let's not forget the login queue bypass that streamers got not long ago till it was noticed in one of the streams and the casual players had to wait while streamers and special players got a head start.

all GGG cares about... money, money, and more money.

They could start charging for the game
"
bigbadzwölf wrote:
Damn good thing I've been stocking up on my fateds

Hell Yeah! Aint nothing like making fat loot on standard....

oh wait...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info