[3.18] Gryph's Tank Simulator - A Detonate Dead Ignite Elementalist

I just used like 250 chromes and got it.
"
Thyger wrote:

I was able to do it in ~120 chromes, but the math is heavily against your favor and we both got pretty lucky, if the old Vorici calculator site is accurate in its odds (average of ~540, 0.18550% chance). That being said, that's less than 1ex so it's pretty cheap even if you get closer to the average.
"
Umberger wrote:
"
Thyger wrote:

I was able to do it in ~120 chromes, but the math is heavily against your favor and we both got pretty lucky, if the old Vorici calculator site is accurate in its odds (average of ~540, 0.18550% chance). That being said, that's less than 1ex so it's pretty cheap even if you get closer to the average.

Iirc, I believe you can also use harvest on them.
EDIT: you cannot. XD
Last edited by Gryphenprey on Feb 13, 2022, 6:08:29 PM
Hey, you have the checkbox for "Have you Chilled an enemy Recently" activated, which increases sadist damage.

I cant see from which source you would get that chill. Is this a misstake or am I just blind and miss the chill source ?
"
NoBotGamer wrote:
Hey, you have the checkbox for "Have you Chilled an enemy Recently" activated, which increases sadist damage.

I cant see from which source you would get that chill. Is this a misstake or am I just blind and miss the chill source ?

I think I was using phantasmal wave of conviction for the cold to phys conversion. It's a small boost either way.

Thank you trade alerts!
"
Gryphenprey wrote:
"
blah2k6 wrote:
I did some math with unearth corpse life. I looked at the life increases from 80 until 90 on a level by level basis and noticed that in the last levels the increase is always reduced by around 1.2%.

Based on this assumption the corpse life on lvl 95 could be around 133.4k

Here is my calc sheet:

Sorry, I'm German so my decimal points are , rather than . :D

Nice work! Now if we can get 91-100 datamined that'd be *great*

Still, this is a lower estimate than what I was doing which is good imo. Better to underestimate in this case I'd think.

So I was curious myself and did some calculations today regarding the exponential function of corpse life calculation; for anyone interested:

Spoiler

91 | 93682
92 | 101365
93 | 109676
94 | 118670
95 | 128401

Since we don't have the exact formula of the function used, those are rough estimates. Monster life progression for normal monsters is almost linear after level 83 it appears.

Keep in mind, Unearth can create a corpse with a max level of 95 (higher values are not implemented for this skill, unlike they are for Desecrate)

What this means for ingame-purposes?
For max damage, you want to reach lvl 30 Unearth and then get the helm enchant for +5 corpse level for Unearth to reach the lvl 95 cap.

Assuming above calculations are somewhat correct: the maximum corpse life that can be reached in PoE 3.17 would be 475084 on a Necromancer (410883 for an Elementalist)

For practical gameplay, you should consider:

Necromancer is moving faster than Elementalist (Flesh Offering tech) and feels smoother to play thanks to build in attack and cast speed. It is also tankier. So consider it to be the superior maper.
Elementalist does more damage, especially against bosses and will make bosses quicker, phase them faster which makes a lot of pinnacle bosses a cakewalk. Consider it the better bossing character.

Overall, pick your poison, both can do all content
"
Gryphenprey wrote:
"
NoBotGamer wrote:

I think I was using phantasmal wave of conviction for the cold to phys conversion. It's a small boost either way.

I know its small anyway, but isnt it a bit of a POB trap ? Maybe i underrestimate somethign there, but it looks like the WoC doesnt even deal enough damage to chill bosses like shaper for even 1 %

Thanks for the answer. Keep the work up, the build is great.
"
Wiesl_1404 wrote:
"
Gryphenprey wrote:
"
blah2k6 wrote:
I did some math with unearth corpse life. I looked at the life increases from 80 until 90 on a level by level basis and noticed that in the last levels the increase is always reduced by around 1.2%.

Based on this assumption the corpse life on lvl 95 could be around 133.4k

Here is my calc sheet:

Sorry, I'm German so my decimal points are , rather than . :D

Nice work! Now if we can get 91-100 datamined that'd be *great*

Still, this is a lower estimate than what I was doing which is good imo. Better to underestimate in this case I'd think.

So I was curious myself and did some calculations today regarding the exponential function of corpse life calculation; for anyone interested:

Spoiler

91 | 93682
92 | 101365
93 | 109676
94 | 118670
95 | 128401

Since we don't have the exact formula of the function used, those are rough estimates. Monster life progression for normal monsters is almost linear after level 83 it appears.

Keep in mind, Unearth can create a corpse with a max level of 95 (higher values are not implemented for this skill, unlike they are for Desecrate)

What this means for ingame-purposes?
For max damage, you want to reach lvl 30 Unearth and then get the helm enchant for +5 corpse level for Unearth to reach the lvl 95 cap.

Assuming above calculations are somewhat correct: the maximum corpse life that can be reached in PoE 3.17 would be 475084 on a Necromancer (410883 for an Elementalist)

For practical gameplay, you should consider:

Necromancer is moving faster than Elementalist (Flesh Offering tech) and feels smoother to play thanks to build in attack and cast speed. It is also tankier. So consider it to be the superior maper.
Elementalist does more damage, especially against bosses and will make bosses quicker, phase them faster which makes a lot of pinnacle bosses a cakewalk. Consider it the better bossing character.

Overall, pick your poison, both can do all content

Using Flesh Offering as a Necro instead of Bone Offering would feel very, very wrong. xD But she'll move faster from Corpse Pact attack speed boost.
I think the ideal setup is Necromancer with Shaper of Flame jewels. This gets you a nice damage boost AND lets you have chain explosions easily.

Also, do you have a source for Unearth corpses capping at 95? Thus far I've been suggesting getting to level 30 and stopping because it takes 2 gem levels to get 1 corpse level past that. But with the new Amulet it's not unreasonable to get to level 96 with +1 on weapon as well.
"
Gryphenprey wrote:
Using Flesh Offering as a Necro instead of Bone Offering would feel very, very wrong. xD But she'll move faster from Corpse Pact attack speed boost.
I think the ideal setup is Necromancer with Shaper of Flame jewels. This gets you a nice damage boost AND lets you have chain explosions easily.

Also, do you have a source for Unearth corpses capping at 95? Thus far I've been suggesting getting to level 30 and stopping because it takes 2 gem levels to get 1 corpse level past that. But with the new Amulet it's not unreasonable to get to level 96 with +1 on weapon as well.

If you are using Glancing Blows/Aegis combo anyway, there is no need for Bone Offering (since you are already block capped) and since you have the gem slots you can go with a Flesh Offering trigger weapon setup. With the offering mastery this provides you 21% attack, cast and movement speed, so basically an onslaught effect on top of onslaught which is significant regarding map clear speed.

You are right, Shaper of Flames though Forbidden Jewels on Necro would likely get the most out of it (if you can sacrifice 2 jewel slots), but Mastermind of Discord (best improvement for bossing) or Heart of Destruction are nice too (and probably much cheaper currently, since Shaper of Flames is highly thought after) - anyway; if you come by getting a shaper of flames you should probably try Occultist anyway with Black Flame ring, which looks promising too.

Regarding the maximum corpse level of 95: It is directly from the gem data. Unearth is not able to create any corpse >lvl95 simply because it is not implemented in the gem/game - there is no data stored for higher corpse levels on the gem, while there is for Desecrate, which can go up to corpse lvl 100. Nothing in the game is able to create a corpse >lvl 100 if you are wondering, since it is just not implemented (even if there was a possibility to do so, it would not be possible)

So, if you would have a lvl 32 Unearth paired with the +5 enchant, you would still create a lvl 95 corpse since this is the maximum the gem can produce.
Last edited by Wiesl_1404 on Feb 14, 2022, 1:23:16 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info