Subsurface Refraction Technology in Path of Exile

Am i the only one who is curious to know how this works on the back-end?
very cool :D
drenched 👌
-----
blue blade flurry mtx plssss
also crystal earth shatter
"I JUST THINK THEY'RE NEAT" - GGG
PoE has great talent working on it, I wish they emphazised compatibility and performance instead of trying to "imitate" AAA mainstream graphics
Let us have this for "petrified" state (that's adding bulk to the character) as early as possible, theres no need for SSS* just no bulk (esp detrimental for female chars).

*Though I won't lie , that ice look to petrify would be preferable.
Last edited by x321yyy on Nov 12, 2021, 7:51:06 PM
"PoE has great talent working on it, I wish they emphazised compatibility and performance instead of trying to "imitate" AAA mainstream graphics"

Perhaps they can better afford to once this provides a generational leap of MTX and PoE2 campaign graphics.

And they aren't exactly imitating mainstream graphics otherwise the game would swim in blur because temporal "reconstruction" (more like deconstruction).

Also this is effect is a gently faded out screen space technique as far I can tell so it's also next to no cost.
Last edited by x321yyy on Nov 12, 2021, 8:05:08 PM
This is amazing. A tiny bit off topic, but I would love that Solaris Ice statue as a hideout item!
Wow.. Nice work!
"All that fancy sword swinging when all you need is one good stab."
Thanks for sharing, very nice work!
Great work. I'm always impressed with the visual quality of the game. As a game-artist who loves POE, these breakdowns are fascinating. Would love to see more!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info