3.16.0d Hotfix 2

"
ant1cs wrote:
oh... fun detected must nerf... There's a reason everyone who has been playing poe since the beginning have quit for the most part.. an actual joke man anytime I spend 100's of hours to find an op build in this game it gets gutted by the next league every time what a waste of my time and effort I'm just hoping you all don't follow the same trend in poe2 like this isn't an e-sport man you don't need to nerf every build that is fun to play instantly, just let it be... reward people for finding cool mechanical interactions for a little while these nerfs are coming in faster and faster since the days of the cast on death snapshot minions... Even if its not intended game mechanics its just sad that anytime someone finds a build that doesn't require you to have streamer client rng or play for 50000 hours in 1 league to get the acquired currency to make a build that is remotely viable in this game it gets nerfed insta... SOOO cringe man I remember listening to a developer interview with Chris and he was saying how they want people to feel powerful, I'm so glad that interview is still on YouTube so I can hear the blatant lies coming from his mouth in that interview.

I agree that certain builds that are discovered (and ultimately fun) are quickly reduced to rubble. I am reminded of why games like Skyrim have lasted so long on my computer and it's due to those idiosyncrasies in the game mechanics that make it enjoyable to play and tinker around.

Now, if it's absolutely game breaking, then indeed it needs fixing, but finding a quirk in the game that provides a benefit, just leave it be!
"
ant1cs wrote:
oh... fun detected must nerf... There's a reason everyone who has been playing poe since the beginning have quit for the most part.. an actual joke man anytime I spend 100's of hours to find an op build in this game it gets gutted by the next league every time what a waste of my time and effort I'm just hoping you all don't follow the same trend in poe2 like this isn't an e-sport man you don't need to nerf every build that is fun to play instantly, just let it be... reward people for finding cool mechanical interactions for a little while these nerfs are coming in faster and faster since the days of the cast on death snapshot minions... Even if its not intended game mechanics its just sad that anytime someone finds a build that doesn't require you to have streamer client rng or play for 50000 hours in 1 league to get the acquired currency to make a build that is remotely viable in this game it gets nerfed insta... SOOO cringe man I remember listening to a developer interview with Chris and he was saying how they want people to feel powerful, I'm so glad that interview is still on YouTube so I can hear the blatant lies coming from his mouth in that interview.

Why? This is not a single player game. And the vast majority of people playing a build didn't discover it or spend 100s of hours refining it, they get a Path of Building link and copy it to the letter. Which is why your "one OP build that allows you to have fun" will ruin everyone else's, those who use it will be able to crank out a lot more currency than a regular build and the economy will reflect that. At that point I'm either forced to jump on the bandwagon, or accept that it will take me twice as long to farm my HH this league with my regular build.
Last edited by Saerileth on Nov 12, 2021, 11:16:07 AM
"
Saerileth wrote:
"
ant1cs wrote:

Why? This is not a single player game. And the vast majority of people playing a build didn't discover it or spend 100s of hours refining it, they get a Path of Building link and copy it to the letter. Which is why your "one OP build that allows you to have fun" will ruin everyone else's, those who use it will be able to crank out a lot more currency than a regular build and the economy will reflect that. At that point I'm either forced to jump on the bandwagon, or accept that it will take me twice as long to farm my HH this league with my regular build.

"Will ruin everyone else's build"
BS. The only build that ACTUALLY did that was jousis's "anti support build" and that got patched less than a week later.

There will always be a meta.
The market will reflect that.

Aurastackers haven't been that since delirium league.
This was obviously gonna get patched because if they won't let the LEGITIMATE version exist.

If you have to NERF someone else's build to make yours "good" the only one ruining everyone else's builds are people like YOU.

Nobody FORCED you to jump on the bandwagon.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info