3.16.0d Hotfix 2

map tabs and scourg mobs needs fix
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead
"
SandeR87A wrote:
Typical GGG move :)
You guys go worse and worse...

sir
(thats alot of support)

thank you for your support
Last edited by Pepock on Nov 9, 2021, 11:05:17 PM
any news with crashes when fighting bosses?
Nyoooo
oh... fun detected must nerf... There's a reason everyone who has been playing poe since the beginning have quit for the most part.. an actual joke man anytime I spend 100's of hours to find an op build in this game it gets gutted by the next league every time what a waste of my time and effort I'm just hoping you all don't follow the same trend in poe2 like this isn't an e-sport man you don't need to nerf every build that is fun to play instantly, just let it be... reward people for finding cool mechanical interactions for a little while these nerfs are coming in faster and faster since the days of the cast on death snapshot minions... Even if its not intended game mechanics its just sad that anytime someone finds a build that doesn't require you to have streamer client rng or play for 50000 hours in 1 league to get the acquired currency to make a build that is remotely viable in this game it gets nerfed insta... SOOO cringe man I remember listening to a developer interview with Chris and he was saying how they want people to feel powerful, I'm so glad that interview is still on YouTube so I can hear the blatant lies coming from his mouth in that interview.
Any grid we use to organize our experience of the world is a model of the world, never confuse this with the actual world.
"
Irorone wrote:

Lol you don't need to "split" mana it's LITERALLY a multiplier.
GGG forgot that anything times zero is zero, simple as.

The diminishing return isn't "good" it's literally the AoE nerf where the number literally lies to you and you have to go to PoB to see what your ACTUAL numbers are gonna be without having to spend the time leveling and building.

Hell you could literally invest NOTHING into reservation and still reserve two fifty percent auras.

We're "throwing shit" because they broke shit in the name of "balance" when their game is so broken at fundamental levels anymore that apparently children's math is enough to "exploit" it.

A multiplier determines the portion of the Mana reserved. Hence getting a free aura from stuff like Essence Worm states "reserve no mana" and 100% efficiency makes your auras reserve half as much.

Lets say there will be a party and you reserve 50% of the cake. Means you get to eat 50% of the cake. But if there is no cake at all, what does that mean for the portion of your reserved cake? It's not just zero, since you did not get half the reservation of a cake not existing, it's actually null.

"Broken at fundamental levels" is somewhat weird coming from a person with one challenge done in a league, that had so many QoL changes and people are actually enjoying.
I liked my Aurastacker back in Delirium - understood most of the nerfs they got, but not all of them. But I can totally understand THIS correction. Not only does reserving on zero mana makes no sense, it DID overpower many builds and hence yes, it's also for the sake of balance.

I know you are angry about your stuff not working anymore and I feel sorry for you obviously not having fun right now, but maybe you might want to step back a bit and let it cool down, before you ruin your opinion about a game that you seem to playing since 2013 as well.
"
Syrill_ wrote:
"
Irorone wrote:

Lol you don't need to "split" mana it's LITERALLY a multiplier.
GGG forgot that anything times zero is zero, simple as.

The diminishing return isn't "good" it's literally the AoE nerf where the number literally lies to you and you have to go to PoB to see what your ACTUAL numbers are gonna be without having to spend the time leveling and building.

Hell you could literally invest NOTHING into reservation and still reserve two fifty percent auras.

We're "throwing shit" because they broke shit in the name of "balance" when their game is so broken at fundamental levels anymore that apparently children's math is enough to "exploit" it.

A multiplier determines the portion of the Mana reserved. Hence getting a free aura from stuff like Essence Worm states "reserve no mana" and 100% efficiency makes your auras reserve half as much.

Lets say there will be a party and you reserve 50% of the cake. Means you get to eat 50% of the cake. But if there is no cake at all, what does that mean for the portion of your reserved cake? It's not just zero, since you did not get half the reservation of a cake not existing, it's actually null.

"Broken at fundamental levels" is somewhat weird coming from a person with one challenge done in a league, that had so many QoL changes and people are actually enjoying.
I liked my Aurastacker back in Delirium - understood most of the nerfs they got, but not all of them. But I can totally understand THIS correction. Not only does reserving on zero mana makes no sense, it DID overpower many builds and hence yes, it's also for the sake of balance.

I know you are angry about your stuff not working anymore and I feel sorry for you obviously not having fun right now, but maybe you might want to step back a bit and let it cool down, before you ruin your opinion about a game that you seem to playing since 2013 as well.

1. I know how the reserve changes work, that's why I know it's a definitive nerf in the same line as the "increased aoe" changes. They took ACTUAL SPECIALIZATION into running auras...

and reduced it to call of duty perks in MOST instances.

2. Yeah, one challenge, because that's how little I care to play the game if they're going to keep nerfing builds I want to play. Or in the case of aurastacking gutting it to the point where you have to "exploit" the game.

3. It makes sense they patched this, no argument there. But literally the ONLY reason this popped up so soon into scourge because they gutted LEGITIMATE investment into running auras which was already asininely expensive.

and why? Because "LUL FUCK THOSE AURASTACKERS".
Delirium was the strongest they've ever been and they weren't even at the top of the pile in THAT league.

4. Ruin my opinion? Here's a newsflash then they've REPEATEDLY nerfed the ability to use multiple auras even with investment OVER THE SPAN OF ALMOST A DECADE. They have the EXACT same Digital Extremes mentality of nerfing the stuff that works (unless its headhunter etc.) instead of making the things that suck ya know...

NOT suck for at least one full league.

and what's the result? A game that is more gambling simulator than game at this point with an MTX store that makes "horse armor dlc" look like a good investment.

Hell literally one of the closest builds to an aurastacker in scourge is an ARMORSTACKER that literally stacks more armor than would be mathematically viable for defense to scale replica dreamfeather damage.

5. When the multiplicative property of zero is all it takes to break your arpg's math fundamentally BROKEN is an HONEST observation feel free to continue pointing out my "lack of achievements" as if that negates that fact.

6. And what was their answer to the "party play nerf" argument?

BAHAHAHAHAHA
a series of skills that all....

a. only work on one target at a time
b. deactivate on line of sight break (good fucking luck on some of these maps).
c. KILL YOU if the target dies.
Don't worry about armorstackers. Next league they can use the same thing people did , to exploit mana reservation . "Increase replica Dreamfeather chance to drop , by 100 % ). Hiddn attribute : "Chance to drop is zero "
"
iuiulitza wrote:
Don't worry about armorstackers. Next league they can use the same thing people did , to exploit mana reservation . "Increase replica Dreamfeather chance to drop , by 100 % ). Hiddn attribute : "Chance to drop is zero "

*Shrug* wouldn't be the first time GGG guts a build and it certainly won't be the last.
So basically if I make a good build, GGG will delete it.

Edit: And they do it mid league again.
Last edited by OlafKnolaf on Nov 10, 2021, 7:48:14 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info