Post aura rage here. I will lock any other aura thread I see.

I would also like to have the option to switch to the old auras they are such a big impact on your spec that they deserve to look truly awesome.
"I'm afraid if I stop drinking the cumulative hangover will kill me" ~ Sterling Archer
IGN: Angryweasel / PopTheWeasel
Old ones good, new ones meh. Please give us an option to choose the ones we like if this really is a performance issue. My game runs just the same. (maybe fix the de-sync issues first?)
If you can't make selecting the auras an option just bring the old ones back. The new ones give me a sad.
I'd rather have aura sprites ripped straight out of D2.
IGN: Asser, AssDelver, Assphobic, AnointedAss, BetrayedByMyAss, CrackedAss, FracturedAss, FulcrumedUpMyAss, ImpaledAss, IncursionOfTheAss, WarForTheAss, UnleashTheAss, ScreamingAsshole, SwampAssKing, Yui
"
Sheiva wrote:
New auras seem okay, but it's kind of annoying having graphics gimped because of other people's worthless 10 year old "gaming" laptops. I would rather have seen the auras alternate between which one is visible.

I do like the new resistance aura, previous one seemed a bit over the top.

I bought my computer 6 months ago and it cost almost $3000. This game has some weird graphics issues with some combinations of processers/gfx cards.

Running the game on max settings now I have 160+ FPS where as before with auras active it would plummet down under 30.
IGN: Narbays
This change alone is making PoE much better for me. Thanks!

Honestly though, I thought Auras were a big gaping hole in PoE's aesthetic. I'm not talking about performance, it just doesn't fit to have huge light shows in such a dark/moody game. Now they look much more appropriate for their environment.
"
narbays wrote:
cost almost $3000.

I have 160+ FPS
before (...) it would plummet down under 30.

You got massively ripped off. That 160 number should be much much higher.
Last edited by Xendran on Apr 8, 2013, 1:57:23 AM
New auras look great. I wish determination was a little more distinctive (and changing its colour was also a bit confusing at first) but that's it.
Last edited by ebrl on Apr 8, 2013, 2:17:45 AM
The new auras look TERRIBLE. They look like something from a game 20 years old

The old auras looked, for the most part, really good

Please change them back, or make them a setting you can toggle in the UI.
I understand you need to appeal to those with slower or older computers, but removing the nice textures for these ... lame and subdued ones is a change in the wrong direction IMO. You could have included a slider or choice in the options menu to keep the older ones, it's not like someone using the flashy animations was hurting someone else's performance.
Highest Character: Level 92 86% Block/Static Strike Champion - Abyss League
I get bored of the grind around 90, probably won't ever get a higher character.
Just seen a dev post where they say the new auras are more detailed?

Seriously??? Have you seen the before / after???

They now look gimped and lazy. Instead of optimising code they have just downgraded one of the really nice visual elements of the game.

Previous ones were superb, no need to change.

Make it a user setting to turn on/off advanced auras please.

You need to be adding better features and gfx, not taking them away lol

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info