Post aura rage here. I will lock any other aura thread I see.

Thanks you. The reduced animation of the aura helps me. I was getting laggy when running with a friend and both of us running auras. Now it is smoother.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
can I post aura un-rage? the minimalistic look is really nice and gets rid of some of the old giant auras like determination. good work.
the new aura effect is really boring. I'd take super saiyan aura anytime..
I thought you were doing something about auras shared among minions, not this... this is just too under detailed. I was expecting you would make auras for minions a circular colour that fades out the further away from the source kinda like the old Clarity Aura (except without the pulsing effect) and keep the detailed auras for actual player characters.

My problem before was the swirling particle effects the auras consisted of, having 21 minions (Per character in late game) each with 5 or so objects spinning around them was annoying, making them all just emit a boring aura like I described in the first paragraph would have resolved that without making the auras feel empty.

The auras on Players shouldn't have been touched as 6 characters with detailed auras is fine and easy to sift through. It's also a lot less interesting when seeing Rare and Unique enemies with a thin strand of something swirling around them, so I'd suggest giving them back there detailed auras and treating there minions/allies under the influence the same as Player minions.
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
Last edited by Nicholas_Steel on Apr 8, 2013, 12:38:11 AM
"
I thought you were doing something about auras shared among minions, not this... this is just too under detailed. I was expecting you would make auras for minions a circular colour that fades out the further away from the source kinda like the old Clarity Aura (except without the pulsing effect) and keep the detailed auras for actual player characters.

Zoom in. The new auras have more detail in them. Just can't see them zoomed out all the way.

Double their size. Or something. Just bigger.
"
SL4Y3R wrote:
"

Zoom in. The new auras have more detail in them. Just can't see them zoomed out all the way.

Unless I'm missing something, the Clarity aura looks incredibly uninspired.
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
+1 Graphical Options

Those new auras are really poorly made, i think i could do a 100% replica of them in Second Life in 3 minutes flat. A flat texture rotating on a square polygon is not like you guys.
Last edited by SnakeWildlife on Apr 8, 2013, 12:41:44 AM
"
"
SL4Y3R wrote:
"

Unless I'm missing something, the Clarity aura looks incredibly uninspired.

Haven't seen Clarity yet.
A medium option (along with high and low options) would be great for still a great look but not too much like before.
Tech guy
New auras seem okay, but it's kind of annoying having graphics gimped because of other people's worthless 10 year old "gaming" laptops. I would rather have seen the auras alternate between which one is visible.

I do like the new resistance aura, previous one seemed a bit over the top.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info