Post aura rage here. I will lock any other aura thread I see.

@guidoo - I can't thank you enough for the screenshots! At least now I know what they look like in reference to people's posts.

My 2 cents is this: auras did look pretty cool before the change but there are some things I'd like to point out

1) "they made my character look cooler" - this may be the case but sit back and honestly think of the last time you saw someone in maps who DIDN'T stack some combination of auras. Since pretty much everyone does minus a few builds it doesn't exactly add anything unique when everyone has them.

2) cutting horsepower requirements here should in theory benefit 6 man parties. I personally don't have bog down from auras but when you have 6 people (GMP FP, dual sporks, ect) I really slow down. So if you soften the particle load somewhere it has to help right?

3) combination of 1 and 2. Everyone has them (again not unique/cool if 5 other people have the same thing) and IF 5 other people run auras the load reduction is not just from you -- it goes 5 fold now.

Feel free to disagree with my opinions but I will give them a chance.
"
Russell wrote:

Doesn't it already have unique model. Its that black smokey thing

I like how you read this thread and respond to the most off-topic posts completely neglecting the 'option' requests that was mentioned many times... classic

Edit: another thread surfaced up: "Because auras were totally the biggest performance killer, and not all the multiple projectiles with chain/fork spells spam going on".. this is priceless... soon enough we will have no animations at all since everything will eventually cause 'performance drops' on commodore 64
Last edited by AintCare on Apr 7, 2013, 11:26:36 PM
+1.. I will be very happy if you give us this option.. taking away choices is bad game development
"
Russell wrote:
"
Halcion wrote:
As was mentioned by the devs in another thread, the idea is to put the focus on the coolness of your character rather than the visual appeal of the auras.

Translation: They want you to buy more microtransactions to look cooler, not stack auras.

EDIT: For the record, I also miss the old auras.

Unique items 3d models are being made at the moment as well as other armour upgrades. Dont try translate my words into some weird money scam lol.

Sorry Russell. I didn't mean it offensively.

It's not like I'd mind, anyway. I've dropped a ton of cash on purely cosmetic microtransactions already. :P
I like the new auras personally.
"
OmgWargasm wrote:
@guidoo - I can't thank you enough for the screenshots! At least now I know what they look like in reference to people's posts.

My 2 cents is this: auras did look pretty cool before the change but there are some things I'd like to point out

1) "they made my character look cooler" - this may be the case but sit back and honestly think of the last time you saw someone in maps who DIDN'T stack some combination of auras. Since pretty much everyone does minus a few builds it doesn't exactly add anything unique when everyone has them.

2) cutting horsepower requirements here should in theory benefit 6 man parties. I personally don't have bog down from auras but when you have 6 people (GMP FP, dual sporks, ect) I really slow down. So if you soften the particle load somewhere it has to help right?

3) combination of 1 and 2. Everyone has them (again not unique/cool if 5 other people have the same thing) and IF 5 other people run auras the load reduction is not just from you -- it goes 5 fold now.

Feel free to disagree with my opinions but I will give them a chance.

"Since pretty much everyone does minus a few builds it doesn't exactly add anything unique when everyone has them."
Someone else looking cool does not make me feel less cool about my auras if I play solo.

"cutting horsepower requirements here should in theory benefit 6 man parties." If the graphics quality of auras is set to be chosen via options, this is not an issue.
+1 Graphic Option.

It's so simples to make all the players happy.

Video Settings

AURAS - HIGH/LOW

Done!

Those old auras are so beautiful, please, i beg of you, add an option soon!
I'll add my 2 cents: The new visual is good, reduce a lot of clutter in party/minion group. I'm pretty much fine with it.

However, many people who do not like it suggest that it is hard to notice / not awesome enough, especially if it is on monster. Being able to instantly recognize the auras is very helpful.

My suggestion is to make the owner of the aura with splashy graphics, while keeping this visual for receiver of the aura. That way clutter is still reduced and it is even easier to tell whose aura are which.
Unviable build tester.
Fuse mechanics:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/21503
95% Crit Build Without Charges [0.10.1c]:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/172438
+1 for an option to have the old graphics back.
New ones look like nothing.

Because at this point, why even have graphics at all ? Without graphics, we would save money on graphic cards and ram and cpu...

Seriously, have some sense and re-design this, at least to bring back some coolness in the visual effects.
+1 Graphics Option

and bring back names for assinged loot plzZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info