Post aura rage here. I will lock any other aura thread I see.

+1 for OLD AURAS !

I dont know how easy or hard it is but...

Can you not make a local setting which could use different files for the auras so every player can change the auras self.

I think many Computer handled the old auras and they really look great, why nerf them for all people just because some got performance problems...
❝ Wraeclast SAIN†S ❞
"

I think many Computer handled the old auras and they really look great, why nerf them for all people just because some got performance problems...

No matter how powerful your PC is, even if you have an SGI Workstation under your desktop, your PC WILL MELT (!!!) when you use 6 old auras on your chara and at the same time these full aura effects will also appear onto your Minions when you play Summoner, it's just overkill.
13 Skeletons, 9 Zombies, 3 Spectres, all with the old Aura effects is insane and to be honest, the old auras looked way to dominant onto the screen.
I could live with optional Aura-quality settings and also keeping the Aura effect onto the own chara only (not visible onto your minions/party members like it is now). But I'm actualy very happy with the new decent auras, they don't visualy distract you from the actual gameplay.
"
Fusion_Power wrote:
"

No matter how powerful your PC is, even if you have an SGI Workstation under your desktop, your PC WILL MELT (!!!) when you use 6 old auras on your chara and at the same time these full aura effects will also appear onto your Minions when you play Summoner, it's just overkill.
13 Skeletons, 9 Zombies, 3 Spectres, all with the old Aura effects is insane and to be honest, the old auras looked way to dominant onto the screen.
I could live with optional Aura-quality settings and also keeping the Aura effect onto the own chara only (not visible onto your minions/party members like it is now). But I'm actualy very happy with the new decent auras, they don't visualy distract you from the actual gameplay.

I played as a 7 Aura EB Summoner with zombies, specter and even a skeleton totem with the old auras. i never had any problem with the performance, not alone and not in a full group (maybe they got problems but not me :P)

And that was what i mean, a local setting change so you could change between the auras just for you and not the other with a bad performance or whatever.
❝ Wraeclast SAIN†S ❞
Can you post a ss of what you liked looking like?
I like all the fluffy animals[img]http://i.imgur.com/mO8dR.png[\img]
y im slept?
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
someone mentioned this in another thread recently so I did a screenshot split of the two

Like that, just the old auras stacked :)
❝ Wraeclast SAIN†S ❞
Ok, I just have to come back to comment on hybTM's pic, as it could not be more clear than this.

Looking a the pic, your character on the left looks WAY more badass than your character one on the right.
You look like a freakin god! And this is awesome.
This goes a long way towards your enjoyment of the game.
Making you feel powerfull, badass, etc... isn't that the whole point of these games?
Slowly, painstakingly, aquiring more and more power untill you reach a level of power correctly portrayed by the pic on the left?
Just look at it! Its soo badass! Now look at the one on the right. Yeah, weak. Lame. Doesn't make you feel powerfull at all.

Also, like mentionned before, the new Purity aura looks horrible.

And finally, the new Determination aura is very underwelming and you have no idea what it represents when just looking at it,
while the old one could not possibly be more clear! (and awesome)
Last edited by Dreamer000 on Sep 11, 2013, 10:08:18 AM
Purity needs a change, it doesn't match the rest
"
Antistes wrote:

I don't think "matching" is important anymore; auras were nerfed into near invisibility, while weapon effects became over-the-top flashy. The new weapon fx are good matches for the olde auras...but good luck finding a weapon effect to match the Awesome New Auras. In fact, I'll wager that the Awesome New Auras are nearly totally obscured by a character dual-wielding one of the aforementioned new weapon effects.

The olde auras were fine, a couple just needed to be turned down a notch or two. GGG made a drastic change in its art direction with the Awesome New Auras, then failed to follow that direction with the new microtrans effects. If the Awesome New Auras are here to stay, then please get away from the Blowtorch/Tesla Coil/Roman Candle weapon effects. Thank you.

"Experience is the best teacher,but there's only one seat in his classroom."
Play with honour and show some class - www.theAmazonBasin.com
Zarabeth - Level 89 Ranger
Wicked Wanda - Level 87 Witch
Xarabeth - Level 79 Scion
Last edited by OldeSchool on Sep 12, 2013, 5:16:25 AM
"
OldeSchool wrote:
"
Antistes wrote:

I don't think "matching" is important anymore; auras were nerfed into near invisibility, while weapon effects became over-the-top flashy. The new weapon fx are good matches for the olde auras...but good luck finding a weapon effect to match the Awesome New Auras. In fact, I'll wager that the Awesome New Auras are nearly totally obscured by a character dual-wielding one of the aforementioned new weapon effects.

The olde auras were fine, a couple just needed to be turned down a notch or two. GGG made a drastic change in its art direction with the Awesome New Auras, then failed to follow that direction with the new microtrans effects. If the Awesome New Auras are here to stay, then please get away from the Blowtorch/Tesla Coil/Roman Candle weapon effects. Thank you.

well I dont have the need to have 5 flashy neons around me. I do like things being consistent though
Im just curious: is there any comprehensible reason why there is no graphic option?

That Aura-accident is so not-GGG ...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info