Post aura rage here. I will lock any other aura thread I see.

To be fair a few of the old ones *cough*determination*cough* were pretty ridiculous. I'm still looking forward to the new new ones though, the current ones just aren't good.
I guess we need something in-between the old ones and the new ones.
+1
"
Russell wrote:
"
SGM3 wrote:
It has been a few months since I last played. Mainly because of the auras. It is hard to believe they are still stale pieces of....

They went from something I feel was epic to something that you actually zoom in to look at, because you cannot believe GGG would take a massive jump backwards.

Who ever put these auras together should be fired for incompetence, laziness, and above all a clear lack of artistic ability.

It's nothing personal. I was in the process of quitting smoking that week, and lets say it was not going well. =D

I do, however, still feel these 'new' auras are lame. I do recall reading a post that mentioned these auras were to make the character stand out. I, personally, find that excuse rather misleading.

The micro transactions are blinding lights. So it is a 'money scam.'

"
Russell wrote:
"
Halcion wrote:
As was mentioned by the devs in another thread, the idea is to put the focus on the coolness of your character rather than the visual appeal of the auras.

Translation: They want you to buy more microtransactions to look cooler, not stack auras.

EDIT: For the record, I also miss the old auras.

Unique items 3d models are being made at the moment as well as other armour upgrades. Dont try translate my words into some weird money scam lol.

EDIT: Still love the game!
Last edited by SGM3 on Jul 23, 2013, 11:09:48 AM
I know there were talks of microtransaction auras coming soon. I hope the "soon" part was meant before release lol.
IGN: DivineMatter

"Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind."
"
iHeXeNi wrote:
I know there were talks of microtransaction auras coming soon. I hope the "soon" part was meant before release lol.

I have a very hard time seeing and distinguishing the swirling circles with my olde eyes; I've lost track of the number of times I went adventuring without one of my auras activated. Because of this, I've given up playing HC with an aura-based character. Hopefully the auras will be fixed someday, and I can go back to enjoying the entire game.

Auras were nerfed into near-invisibility because they were too bright, then GGG releases several weapon effects that make it look like the player is holding an arc welder. Where the heck is the art direction headed here? There's no way I could ever run one of those new weapon fx; I have a hard enough time seeing the new auras as it is.

Very disappointed that an issue that generated so much negative feedback has been ignored.
"Experience is the best teacher,but there's only one seat in his classroom."
Play with honour and show some class - www.theAmazonBasin.com
Zarabeth - Level 89 Ranger
Wicked Wanda - Level 87 Witch
Xarabeth - Level 79 Scion
Last edited by OldeSchool on Aug 3, 2013, 6:22:57 AM
Change it back please
IGN : Detrium
Why not just have the old ones view-able only on your own character? That would hopefully create no lag and keep everybody happy :P
+1 for old auras

bring em back, if it is a performance thingy... just can say - stop playing on gameboy color and super nintendo classic

if its is an money thing, stop being greedy, i think people invest more than enough with real money, and i dont stack auras for being stylish, i do it because the build works like this and a bit style is a need

i think the characters looking crappy enough in high lvl gear with out microtrans gear

so, dont suck the community and bring em back please
I have been lurking for a long time. And i am pissed off with the aura change. I hate the new ones, they are too plain and boring. I think the old auras were badass, i felt badass and awesome when i played . I didnt think for a minute that they dont fit the environment or the world of Wraeclast. And most importantly, i had no performance issues whatsoever when i used them ( desync occured even with the new auras, so many char's died because of it ). I have paid the closed beta supporter pack, okay i know it was 10 dollars, and for ten dollars i had a great time playing, and if they decide to charge for the full game when it released, i am willingly pay for it. But i think, that they throw the old auras just because they can charge for the new nicer microtransaction ones it is a rip off.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info