Post aura rage here. I will lock any other aura thread I see.

I never raged at the changes to the auras. Keep up the good work GGG! Looking forward to more future changes from you guys. :)
Permanent Hardcore only.
No rage, i'm fine either way.

But i still think GGG should implement it as a graphics option. I mean they have the assets for both high/low, why not use them?
"
Khodar wrote:

But i still think GGG should implement it as a graphics option. I mean they have the assets for both high/low, why not use them?

Despite the rather presumptive title, this thread has remained fairly civil. Nice work to those who chose the high road.

Though it seems an ideal solution at first glance, I see the potential problems with implementing a toggle, not the least of which would be the task of maintaining two separate (and radically different) groups of effects. High res/low res is one thing, but old aura / new aura setting would be problematic IMO.

The bigger picture here is the art direction of the game; the new auras are clearly a departure from what we'd known (and makes me wonder why presumably the same person/group now hating on the "disco balls" built them that way in the first place...if it was indeed he/they who did). The detail inside the little spinny aura things (sorry for the graphical techno-speak) is very well done, but loses its punch when viewed at full-out zoom. As I have said before, the new auras' bright colours and sharp lines are not in keeping with Wraclast's traditional "look", and I wonder if this is the onset of a new direction insofar as art style. I, for one, hope not, as it was the washed-out, desolate, organic feel that drew me here, and keeps me here.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I sense that there's more afoot here than just a simple aura makeover.
"Experience is the best teacher,but there's only one seat in his classroom."
Play with honour and show some class - www.theAmazonBasin.com
Zarabeth - Level 89 Ranger
Wicked Wanda - Level 87 Witch
Xarabeth - Level 79 Scion
No rage here, my post also got locked :-)

I merely suggested the changes or the old display of Auras to be put as a gfx option. Everyone should be happy.
Resists trolls
Casts Joy
Ninja looter
Spreads tar when tickled
"
OldeSchool wrote:
"
Khodar wrote:

Despite the rather presumptive title, this thread has remained fairly civil. Nice work to those who chose the high road.

Though it seems an ideal solution at first glance, I see the potential problems with implementing a toggle, not the least of which would be the task of maintaining two separate (and radically different) groups of effects. High res/low res is one thing, but old aura / new aura setting would be problematic IMO.

The bigger picture here is the art direction of the game; the new auras are clearly a departure from what we'd known (and makes me wonder why presumably the same person/group now hating on the "disco balls" built them that way in the first place...if it was indeed he/they who did). The detail inside the little spinny aura things (sorry for the graphical techno-speak) is very well done, but loses its punch when viewed at full-out zoom. As I have said before, the new auras' bright colours and sharp lines are not in keeping with Wraclast's traditional "look", and I wonder if this is the onset of a new direction insofar as art style. I, for one, hope not, as it was the washed-out, desolate, organic feel that drew me here, and keeps me here.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I sense that there's more afoot here than just a simple aura makeover.

No I just made the original auras in about 1 day with random textures I found around the place and 0 thought. I pretty much had 2 particles emitters that spun around. So what I did was this. Hmmmm this aura seems like it needs to be green. What green particle textures do we have around. These look glowy and sparky I guess (mash them all together into one particle emitter). Cool done. Next. Its kinda funny and cool that people thought I put so much thought and work into them when they were possibly the quickest most rushed effects in the game xD. Curses were also being made in the same kind of manner. They will be most certainly getting a reboot to look more like the reduce elemental resistance curses at some point. Time is a demon.

We are not changing the art direction no. We are just making auras take a back seat as we have always found them far to intrusive. We just never had the time to fix them. I may desaturate the haste and energy shield aura a little. As they are quite saturated and look toony because of it. I know people like big glowy stuff that covers the entire character. However that doesn't meet our vision of what we want our characters to look like(yes I know some of the character micro transactions have been glowy as hell).Also im pretty sure armour reworks are coming at some point. I know some unique 3d models have also been made. They still need to be bound to all the characters though (fat load of grind work for Sav). So hopefully in the future we will have some cool armours. Now with the auras fixed you will actually be able to see that armour.... when it comes : <

Bleh I suck at writing :P
I like all the fluffy animals[img]http://i.imgur.com/mO8dR.png[\img]
y im slept?
Why you dont 'fix' minion immortality aura? Its so big and glowy too. But PLEASE FFS dont replace it.. just make it smaller and desaturate. Effect and pattern is nice - its just too big.. same with Molten Shell.

And my final feedback: No matter how better they are for gameplay (game is more 'clean' now for sure) they still look like crap and they dont look even like auras. From asthetic standpoint new auras are horrible. Sorry. You can do better that floating lines and snowflakes. Old ones was too bright, too big but they are look like auras at least and thay looks like skills from XXI century game not 1990 one.

Ovearll imho its rushed and poor change and i hope we get REAL auras in future.
Last edited by KarraKurri on Apr 10, 2013, 9:56:07 AM
The auras are fine....move along.
I hate seeing these awful auras so much I can't stand to use them, as a necromancer/summoner they are needed for my minions, as such I quit. Going back to another free game till this abomination is fixed, if it does not get changed, too bad, one less person you have to get money from ^.^
"
Russell wrote:
"
OldeSchool wrote:
"
Khodar wrote:

No I just made the original auras in about 1 day with random textures I found around the place and 0 thought. I pretty much had 2 particles emitters that spun around. So what I did was this. Hmmmm this aura seems like it needs to be green. What green particle textures do we have around. These look glowy and sparky I guess (mash them all together into one particle emitter). Cool done. Next. Its kinda funny and cool that people thought I put so much thought and work into them when they were possibly the quickest most rushed effects in the game xD. Curses were also being made in the same kind of manner. They will be most certainly getting a reboot to look more like the reduce elemental resistance curses at some point. Time is a demon.

We are not changing the art direction no. We are just making auras take a back seat as we have always found them far to intrusive. We just never had the time to fix them. I may desaturate the haste and energy shield aura a little. As they are quite saturated and look toony because of it. I know people like big glowy stuff that covers the entire character. However that doesn't meet our vision of what we want our characters to look like(yes I know some of the character micro transactions have been glowy as hell).Also im pretty sure armour reworks are coming at some point. I know some unique 3d models have also been made. They still need to be bound to all the characters though (fat load of grind work for Sav). So hopefully in the future we will have some cool armours. Now with the auras fixed you will actually be able to see that armour.... when it comes : <

Bleh I suck at writing :P

"I know people like big glowy stuff that covers the entire character. However that doesn't meet our vision of what we want our characters to look like"

Sorry, but in all my posts I did warn the GGG devs: don't be like Blizzard, do what we want. How many people in this topic asked for a option to choose auras? The old auras where beautiful, me and my friends talked about how detailed it was, now they are boring and so simple, but instead of doing what we want (graphical options) you did exactly like Blizzard, choose to stick to what you want, sad.

Please, you have the assets, just put a option to choose, you will avoid pages and pages on this topic by doing this.

Sorry if I did some english mistakes, i'm from Brazil, thanks GGG for this great game, but please listen to the feedback, or else, what's the meaning of having a topic for it?
Last edited by tgodoy85 on Apr 10, 2013, 10:47:52 AM
Exactly, agree with tgodoy85, don't be like blizzard :(

Just make an option to chose what you want, please. The game is great as it is, though i want my character to look like a boss, nice and sparkly.

For example you could add a "Particles" or "Effects" with High and Low options that change most of the stuff, like auras, poison arrows...etc
Intel i5-3570k @ 4.2GHz w/ H80 Water Cooler || Sapphire 7870 || 8GB DDR3 Ram (Corsair) ||
AsRock Z77 Extreme 6 || 2TB Seagate Barracuda || 750W Corsair PSU ||
Last edited by Alexspier on Apr 10, 2013, 11:10:30 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info