Multistrike

"
Clownkrieger wrote:
"
Vipermagi wrote:
Double Strike performs two swings in the timespan of one regular attack

its the skilldescription of doublestrike that is misleading in this combination. if the tooltip-aps for an attack - as in the case of a combination with multistrike - shows the duration for a single attack, doublestrike-description should say "performs two fast swings/slashes/strikes/whatever...", and not attacks.

It's true. "Attack should always mean single hit". So, yes, double strike description should be fixed (to be the same, as multistrike's description), to avoid confusions.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Retarded Skill.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDBCbMMMWGo

Almost makes me quit PoE whenever I see it. Guarantees to apply any status ailment you want while looking like the game just broke. A must-have for ele-melee. Please remove this crap and come again with something that fits.
"
dyneol wrote:
Retarded Skill.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDBCbMMMWGo

Almost makes me quit PoE whenever I see it. Guarantees to apply any status ailment you want while looking like the game just broke. A must-have for ele-melee. Please remove this crap and come again with something that fits.

While increasing chance to apply ailment, it also decreases ailment power (duration for shock and freeze, damage for burn).
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:

Actually, double strike tooltip is misleading. It should write "attack repeats 1 time", and with multistrike - "attack repeats 5 times".

Except it would not be the same. Double strike still does only one attack that does two hits, while multistrike does three separate attacks. If you roll critical on double strike it crits both times, multistrike rolls each attack separately, double strike can gain only one power charge per use, multistriked skill can gain three power charges per use if your luck holds, or three frenzy charge, three vipers...
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
raics wrote:
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:

Actually, double strike tooltip is misleading. It should write "attack repeats 1 time", and with multistrike - "attack repeats 5 times".

Except it would not be the same. Double strike still does only one attack that does two hits, while multistrike does three separate attacks. If you roll critical on double strike it crits both times, multistrike rolls each attack separately, double strike can gain only one power charge per use, multistriked skill can gain three power charges per use if your luck holds, or three frenzy charge, three vipers...

Frenzy with multistrike brings just one frenzy charge every 3 hits, actually.

There is no knowledge
That is not power
It's important to note it's an 'Increased' modifier, not 'More' :) It's a pretty darn big difference.
Sooo...

Since 07 April 2013 this gem is bugged with anything that involves movement.
Don't know why it is not fixed yet (like, 5,5 months are not enough?)

But I absolutely cannot understand why noone from GGG ever came here, admitted that shit is wrong and gave some data when should it gets a fix.

Communication with community was always a good side of developers, but now I am dissappointed.

Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way.
Last edited by Sarganis87 on Sep 22, 2013, 7:22:54 PM
"
Sooo...

But I absolutely cannot understand why noone from GGG ever came here, admitted that shit is wrong and gave some data when should it gets a fix.

Communication with community was always a good side of developers, but now I am dissappointed.

There are so many threads complaining about desync issues, there's no way they can (or should) post in all of them.

Read the developer manifesto on desync if you want to know why it hasn't been fixed yet.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
"
dudiobugtron wrote:
"
Sooo...

There are so many threads complaining about desync issues, there's no way they can (or should) post in all of them.

Read the developer manifesto on desync if you want to know why it hasn't been fixed yet.

There is a problem about this gem - client and server can pick different targets for 2nd and 3rd attack.
If you use Movement skill with Multistrike on group of monsters, you'll desynch like hell.
But as I said, this particular problem is not the same as general desynchronization issue, that's why I post it strictly here.
Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way.
Hello,

Have you GGG ever thought about making Multistrike a quest-reward gem ?

The support gem has proven to be mandatory for a lot of melee builds.
In hardcore league, the price is increasing as demand excels offer, and it becomes unaffordable for new players (sometimes 3 or 4 people are like "WTB Multistrike" at the same time in the trade chat)
Last edited by westbryan on Oct 5, 2013, 12:38:15 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info