Multistrike

As the gem says Less damage, though Mark corrected that it means Less Attack damage, it seems stupid that it only gains PHYSICAL melee damage on leveling.

This makes the gem a lot less useful for Elemental Hit as it won't gain any benefit of leveling whatsoever. Other skills which use converted dmg for example IB and glacial hammer gain the benefit of this.

The gem should only reduce physical damage as it will increase it overtime and not punish Elehit users. And in any case this is not in-line with rest of support gems, such as Chain, LMP and GMP, which reduce the damage of the skill but increase the same dmg on levels.
"
Omnivor3 wrote:
This makes the gem a lot less useful for Elemental Hit as it won't gain any benefit of leveling whatsoever. Other skills which use converted dmg for example IB and glacial hammer gain the benefit of this.
attack speed is great enough improvement to level it up still for elemental damage. also think about infernal blow or glacial hammer or lightning strike, those three still get benefit from the phys boosts on level up.
Using EleHit also does not prevent you from using Physical damage *shrug*
(way, way, way back I made an EH character based around Physical Conversion and WED)
"
soul4hdwn wrote:
"
Omnivor3 wrote:
attack speed is great enough improvement to level it up still for elemental damage. also think about infernal blow or glacial hammer or lightning strike, those three still get benefit from the phys boosts on level up.

Well yeah the APS increase is nice, but you just repeated what I said: IB, LS and glacial do get the benefit; EH doesn't.
"
draygourn wrote:
Hi Exiles.
I am using Frenzy with MS, and since mana cost is high I coupled it with BM and LGoH gems.

I have a few questions:
Lets say my Frenzy tooltip showing I deal 10k dps with 0.2 (5 Attack per second). And my LGoH give 30hp/hit.

1. Do I actually attack 15 times per second?
[Supported Melee Attacks repeats 2 additional times]
2. Then, my actual dps is 10k or 30k?
3. DO I get 90hp per Frenzy skill fired?

"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
Attack time in the tooltip with multistrike shows the correct in-game attack time, so
"0.2 attack time means" that you will hit 5 times per second.
"attack repeats 2 times" means that your character will make 3 attacks in a row (if not interrupted), and these extra 2 attacks are free, they cost no mana (or hp, in case of blood magic).
Life gain per hit, damage, DPS, etc - will be exact the value stated in skill tooltip. Except mana/life cost.

im totally confused about that right now - can some1 (mark? :) clarify/confirm this?

if the tooltip of an skill supported by multistrike says - eg - attacktime 0,2 sec, does that mean that i can use the skill with all supports factored in 5 times a second with 3 attacks each, or that one attack of the multistrike-combo takes 0,2 seconds?

really irritated about that, and i really think thats an ambiguity regarding multistrike and the skill-tooltips... or is it just me (and draygourn)? :)

"Glattes Eis, ein Paradeis, für den, der gut zu tanzen weiß" - F. Nietzsche
"
Clownkrieger wrote:

im totally confused about that right now - can some1 (mark? :) clarify/confirm this?

if the tooltip of an skill supported by multistrike says - eg - attacktime 0,2 sec, does that mean that i can use the skill with all supports factored in 5 times a second with 3 attacks each, or that one attack of the multistrike-combo takes 0,2 seconds?

really irritated about that, and i really think thats an ambiguity regarding multistrike and the skill-tooltips... or is it just me (and draygourn)? :)

Attack time, noted at skill, is an attack time for single attack with the skill. Multistrike combo will last for 3x(attack time), in your case, 0,6 seconds. If you want to calculate mana consumption, you should take this value, because repeated attacks cost no mana.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Last edited by MortalKombat3 on Aug 17, 2013, 7:51:55 AM
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
Attack time, noted at skill, is an attack time for single attack with the skill. Multistrike combo will last for 3x(attack time), in your case, 0,6 seconds. If you want to calculate mana consumption, you should take this value, because repeated attacks cost no mana.

im not the min-max-calculating guy, i simply misunderstood that. but the more i think about it the more obvious it gets, did some calculations regarding my actual build too - cant be the other way. thx for answering (again) :)

EDIT:

this question arised in another thread about multistrike. im using it with doublestrike, wich says "performs two fast attacks on target enemy" - and im quite sure that here the aps of the "skill" is for the combo of the 2 "attacks". it really is misleading in that combination...
Last edited by Clownkrieger on Aug 17, 2013, 9:02:06 AM
"
Clownkrieger wrote:
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:

im not the min-max-calculating guy, i simply misunderstood that. but the more i think about it the more obvious it gets, did some calculations regarding my actual build too - cant be the other way. thx for answering (again) :)

EDIT:

this question arised in another thread about multistrike. im using it with doublestrike, wich says "performs two fast attacks on target enemy" - and im quite sure that here the aps of the "skill" is for the combo of the 2 "attacks". it really is misleading in that combination...

Actually, double strike tooltip is misleading. It should write "attack repeats 1 time", and with multistrike - "attack repeats 5 times".
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
Actually, double strike tooltip is misleading. It should write "attack repeats 1 time", and with multistrike - "attack repeats 5 times".

Except, Double Strike doesn't repeat at all, so that would be incorrect.
Double Strike performs two swings in the timespan of one regular attack: at 5 attacks per second you swing 10 times per second. Add Multistrike and Double Strike still only repeats twice, not five times, for three attacks total. At 5 attacks per second, you still swing 10 times per second. Multistrike makes it far easier to hit 5 attacks per second though.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Aug 18, 2013, 5:15:06 PM
"
Vipermagi wrote:
Double Strike performs two swings in the timespan of one regular attack

its the skilldescription of doublestrike that is misleading in this combination. if the tooltip-aps for an attack - as in the case of a combination with multistrike - shows the duration for a single attack, doublestrike-description should say "performs two fast swings/slashes/strikes/whatever...", and not attacks.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info