Melee Splash

"
Ceykey wrote:
"
Mizzajl wrote:
How big area is the splash?
is it 15 like infernal blow?

No1 knows we only guessing u can see my 4 old posts and asking same shit over n over. Yea lets release a gem and let ppl test it blindly with doesnt know what they re doing im gonna ask once again

Whats the base range of splash and conc effect increases splash dmg effectively ?

Does it really matter? Here, i'm not supposed to tell anyone this so keep it secret!

Base range of splash = DOGSHIT

So you tested it yourself, hated the base range, and now asking for a number. If they tell you its 15 or 100 what diff does it make. Bad range is bad.

P.S. don't mean any disrespect to you 2 gents, just trying to make a point.
DISCLAIMER!
The views and expressed opinions of Dragon are solely those of a drunken redneck and are not necessarily those of a sane person. Any likeness of intelligence is strictly coincidental and should not be taken seriously. His posts should not be read... by anyone.
"
Dragon585 wrote:
"
Ceykey wrote:
"
Mizzajl wrote:
How big area is the splash?
is it 15 like infernal blow?

No1 knows we only guessing u can see my 4 old posts and asking same shit over n over. Yea lets release a gem and let ppl test it blindly with doesnt know what they re doing im gonna ask once again

Whats the base range of splash and conc effect increases splash dmg effectively ?

Does it really matter? Here, i'm not supposed to tell anyone this so keep it secret!

Base range of splash = DOGSHIT

So you tested it yourself, hated the base range, and now asking for a number. If they tell you its 15 or 100 what diff does it make. Bad range is bad.

P.S. don't mean any disrespect to you 2 gents, just trying to make a point.

None taken but knowledge is power :D look at this way if it like cyclone's range 5-7(master of arena and wep range) taken templar and witch nodes makes no difference at all (7x0.4=9.8) but lets say its 10 u can have like 20 with nodes and quality supports and thats base cleave range

i want to know cause i dont want to waste 20 regrets or points on the way of those nodes.Plus we could compare better with other skills to buff it something usefull.
Last edited by Ceykey on Apr 8, 2013, 3:13:30 PM
Why would you want to waste points to make an aoe perform like an aoe? Use a real aoe and spend those points in better places.

If your required to have inc radius for splash to be a viable melee aoe, then where is the gain from using it? Lost gemslots or passive points WASTED imo. You don't need an official number to see that.

But I hope GGG finally gives you your answer. You guys have been asking repeatedly and it's only fair they answer you.
DISCLAIMER!
The views and expressed opinions of Dragon are solely those of a drunken redneck and are not necessarily those of a sane person. Any likeness of intelligence is strictly coincidental and should not be taken seriously. His posts should not be read... by anyone.
Last edited by Dragon585 on Apr 8, 2013, 3:17:34 PM
"
Ceykey wrote:
i want to know cause i dont want to waste 20 regrets or points on the way of those nodes.Plus we could compare better with other skills to buff it something usefull.

Well if you want to see how it performs with 67% increased AoE (templar and witch nodes, plus inc AoE support) check the video I linked in my earlier post in this thread.

No, you won't get exact numbers, but you'll at least get an idea of what you'd be buying for those 20 points.
Two notes:

- Melee is melee, stop complaining about range. Get into melee range for gods sake. GGG needs to buff melee survivability. But that is a different story.

- What has not been tested in high level maps is an irrelevant comment? Sorry, but this is a stupid comment. Ever heard of 1, 3, 24 hour races?
Last edited by deathmongoose on Apr 8, 2013, 3:19:06 PM
"
"
Ceykey wrote:

Well if you want to see how it performs with 67% increased AoE (templar and witch nodes, plus inc AoE support) check the video I linked in my earlier post in this thread.

No, you won't get exact numbers, but you'll at least get an idea of what you'd be buying for those 20 points.

That is impressive. That is what it should look like without having to grab every avail source of inc radius. It looks to me, from your vid, that the explosion has twice the radius of the splash dmg.
DISCLAIMER!
"
deathmongoose wrote:
Two notes:

- Melee is melee, stop complaining about range. Get into melee range for gods sake. GGG needs to buff melee survivability. But that is a different story.

I don't mind getting in melee range, the trouble is just being able to kill guys as fast as ranged. When a LA ranger can empty an entire room in the time it takes you to walk up to melee range, something is wrong. You could do infinite damage per hit and if you still had to walk from guy to guy you'd still clear maps way way slower than ranged chars.

So yes, the ability to hit lots of guys - spread out guys - at once is important to everybody. Not just to ranged characters.

If you can think of a way to give melee comparable clear speeds to LA rangers without a nice big fat AoE, I'm all ears.
Leap Slam into melee range than clear with melee splash is an option.

Otherwise I would love to see LA nerfed even more.
"
deathmongoose wrote:
Two notes:

- What has not been tested in high level maps is an irrelevant comment? Sorry, but this is a stupid comment. Ever heard of 1, 3, 24 hour races?

Two notes:

- You haven't tested this skill. Because if you had, you would realize how stupid your first comment is.

- I agree with your second note. While high level maps are indeed current endgame, it doesn't make grinding and leveling any less important when it comes to balancing skills.
DISCLAIMER!
"
Dragon585 wrote:
"
"
Ceykey wrote:

That is impressive. That is what it should look like without having to grab every avail source of inc radius. It looks to me, from your vid, that the explosion has twice the radius of the splash dmg.

Well keep in mind that monsters at the edge of my splash get the infernal blow, and then explode with a radius centered at THEM, so they obviously can hit things farther away from me than my infernal blow can. That said, I've been playing around with it a fair bit today and I've had a few situations where I had only two monsters, and I was NOT hitting the second with the splash, but he got hit by the corpse explosion, so yes, the radius is bigger on infernal blow, but that might just be the 8% bigger from my quality IB, because I didn't see that happen very often.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info