Xbox servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

Melee Splash

"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
Dragon585 wrote:
I am still unclear as to if the increased radius on quality infernal blow will affect splash radius or just the explosion radius. Help plz =(
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
any increased area radius stats affecting the skill will apply to the splash radius

Yes it does not work with shield charge in the initial implementation. This si planned for the future.
It has been explicitly disabled with viper strike, to be re-enabled when we can have it scale the damage of the DoT.

So I actually had 15% increased radius and still thought the range was bad. I can't imagine what zero radius inc looks like.

Thanks for clearing that up for me.
DISCLAIMER!
The views and expressed opinions of Dragon are solely those of a drunken redneck and are not necessarily those of a sane person. Any likeness of intelligence is strictly coincidental and should not be taken seriously. His posts should not be read... by anyone.
What about Master of the Arena? Does it work with Melee Splash?

I can understand Melee Splash being based off weapon range and would think it would be an awesome passive to pick up if you plan to run melee with melee splash.

As far as percentage increases.....assuming it has the same radius as melee range (which is 4 for 1-handed weapons), 15% increase would raise it up to 4.6....giving it a smaller increase than Master of the Arena gives to normal melee attacks.
~IGN: Nagisan
Just tried it on dual strike, the aoe is so tiny that it's more worth it for me to use my added cold gem (only about 30-35% more dps) and just attack everything seperately. This character (which I made before I knew about the gem but was never serious about) isn't getting played until this gem is looked at (cleave w/o supports is better than this stupid tiny aoe).
"
Nagisan wrote:
What about Master of the Arena? Does it work with Melee Splash?

I can understand Melee Splash being based off weapon range and would think it would be an awesome passive to pick up if you plan to run melee with melee splash.

As far as percentage increases.....assuming it has the same radius as melee range (which is 4 for 1-handed weapons), 15% increase would raise it up to 4.6....giving it a smaller increase than Master of the Arena gives to normal melee attacks.

I have master of the arena, and 15% radius on skill I linked it to. Radius still horrible.
DISCLAIMER!
The views and expressed opinions of Dragon are solely those of a drunken redneck and are not necessarily those of a sane person. Any likeness of intelligence is strictly coincidental and should not be taken seriously. His posts should not be read... by anyone.
Does anyone know what quality does on the splash gem yet? There really should be something that makes the AoE larger....I don't mean it should be able to AoE like Cleave does, but it should have a noticeable AoE size.....maybe make it possible to push the AoE up to Cleaves range (which is 20....5 times larger than the default 1-handed weapon range) if somebody has a 20% quality and a few AoE increasing passives?
Last edited by Nagisan on Apr 7, 2013, 11:28:33 PM
Why cant I use splash with shield charge? There goes the build i was planning, but in all honesty, why not? Shield charge dps is based of your melee weapon.

"
Why cant I use splash with shield charge? There goes the build i was planning, but in all honesty, why not? Shield charge dps is based of your melee weapon.

To quote Mark_GGG from earlier:

"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Yes it does not work with shield charge in the initial implementation. This si planned for the future.

Chances are it is a bit too powerful in its current state or something, so they plan on fixing it before allowing us to use melee splash with shield charge.
"
Nagisan wrote:
Does anyone know what quality does on the splash gem yet? There really should be something that makes the AoE larger....I don't mean it should be able to AoE like Cleave does, but it should have a noticeable AoE size.....maybe make it possible to push the AoE up to Cleaves range (which is 20....5 times larger than the default 1-handed weapon range) if somebody has a 20% quality and a few AoE increasing passives?

1% increased aoe radius per 1 quality
DISCLAIMER!
Tried it with all gems it works with I think, the only two combos I like are:

Melee splash + Puncture - the puncture effect applies to all, can create burst dmg hit and run and kite builds. Lot of potential there.

Melee splash + Glacial hammer - the freeze effect applies to all(although not the same roll it seems), you can create perma freeze builds with high enough attack speed so the effect triggers often enough. With good radius it could keep the entire screen frozen with proper positioning.

Other skills with no special effect to them seem to result in a bad version of cleave that costs 2 gem slots.

I think the base aoe range is good as it is. People should be aggressively building towards increasing the aoe to maximize the gem's potential, it makes sense it starts off pretty bad.
"
drakar8888 wrote:
Tried it with all gems it works with I think, the only two combos I like are:

Melee splash + Puncture - the puncture effect applies to all, can create burst dmg hit and run and kite builds. Lot of potential there.

Melee splash + Glacial hammer - the freeze effect applies to all(although not the same roll it seems), you can create perma freeze builds with high enough attack speed so the effect triggers often enough. With good radius it could keep the entire screen frozen with proper positioning.

Other skills with no special effect to them seem to result in a bad version of cleave that costs 2 gem slots.

I think the base aoe range is good as it is. People should be aggressively building towards increasing the aoe to maximize the gem's potential, it makes sense it starts off pretty bad.

I disagree man. Spending talent points and gem slots to gain enough radius to make your single target skill perform as well as an aoe skill is a complete waste of resources. Unless your trying for permafreeze glacial hammer, but even then, why not just make a FP char? As far as aoe goes, cleave, gs, leap slam, ect... all get the job done cheaper and with more dps. And really, MOST melee can only afford to reach the master of the arena passive and the templar aoe nodes. Stretching for the witch blast radius is a just to far. So we are talking roughly 20% increased radius from passives? I had 15% and still thought the skills aoe radius sucked. Increasing your aoe radius should be a bonus, not a requirement.

Just my 2 cents on the matter.
DISCLAIMER!
Last edited by Dragon585 on Apr 8, 2013, 12:42:54 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info