Melee Splash

"
Moosifer wrote:
I BEGGED for them to make the AOE bigger all this week in alpha. There's much higher risk to using this style of play and if the AOE doesn't even compare to normal AOEs what's the point of using it?

I threw it on my GH build I was working on just because of the splash announcement and I might as well have just had GH w/o splash. I barely noticed any difference.

I'm so disappointed with how they chose to make this UP rather than slightly OP. I try to be patience and hopeful but I'm really frustrated with how they introduced splash. I'm pretty sure it's only this way because with a few skills it's OP so it means the ones that could really shine from a larger AOE become utterly useless.

Say hello to another niche gem.

What is the point of having alphas if you don't listen to their feedback? Your not the only alpha I have spoken with that has said they begged GGG to inc the radius of splash. Seems like such a waste of valuable information. Why bother? Why bother posting feedback here? It obviously will make no difference in their decision making. I too am getting more and more frustrated with patches that seem so amazing until they launch and prove to be utter disappointments.

I will try to be positive also, but this patch is strike two. Cyclone was strike one.
DISCLAIMER!
The views and expressed opinions of Dragon are solely those of a drunken redneck and are not necessarily those of a sane person. Any likeness of intelligence is strictly coincidental and should not be taken seriously. His posts should not be read... by anyone.
"
Moosifer wrote:
I BEGGED for them to make the AOE bigger all this week in alpha. There's much higher risk to using this style of play and if the AOE doesn't even compare to normal AOEs what's the point of using it?

I threw it on my GH build I was working on just because of the splash announcement and I might as well have just had GH w/o splash. I barely noticed any difference.

I'm so disappointed with how they chose to make this UP rather than slightly OP. I try to be patience and hopeful but I'm really frustrated with how they introduced splash. I'm pretty sure it's only this way because with a few skills it's OP so it means the ones that could really shine from a larger AOE become utterly useless.

Well i just wanted to know the splashs range maybe like 5-10 tiles(or whatever) lets say its 10 with all aoe nodes+ gems +qual bonuses it could go like range of 15-20 most which is the cleaves base range i believe(correct me if im wrong)

I have to agree with you Moosifer this is like cyclone big anticipation-big dissapointment all over again. For last it would be cool to devs explains basics about their new gems so we dont have to made up ourselves like i did above...
"
Dragon585 wrote:
"
Moosifer wrote:

What is the point of having alphas if you don't listen to their feedback? Your not the only alpha I have spoken with that has said they begged GGG to inc the radius of splash. Seems like such a waste of valuable information. Why bother? Why bother posting feedback here? It obviously will make no difference in their decision making. I too am getting more and more frustrated with patches that seem so amazing until they launch and prove to be utter disappointments.

I will try to be positive also, but this patch is strike two. Cyclone was strike one.

Let me just say this , flicker users and summoners both got huge boosts with this patch. GGG gave us flicker strike back which is in my opinion the coolest melee skill.
Last edited by bilbobeastlybaggins on Apr 8, 2013, 4:30:22 AM
I don't really understand what that has to do with them releasing splash with painfully shitty aoe radius even AFTER alphas begged them to buff it.

I can't say anything for multistrike as i dont yet posses one, if that is in fact what your referring to.
DISCLAIMER!
The views and expressed opinions of Dragon are solely those of a drunken redneck and are not necessarily those of a sane person. Any likeness of intelligence is strictly coincidental and should not be taken seriously. His posts should not be read... by anyone.
Last edited by Dragon585 on Apr 8, 2013, 4:36:04 AM
"
Dragon585 wrote:

1. Most of the focus was on MS as when we first got it in alpha it was insanely OP, PCoC and splash got ignored for the most part. By alphas at least, I assume GGG tested all 3 equally because they were all adjusted a few times.

2. Some people didn't agree with me.

3. When a gem can be OP from a support they have to balance around that rather than around other potential stuff.

4. I wasn't actively testing in alpha. I didn't have the patience to make a new toon, lvl it up, find gear and all that jazz. I spent probably about half my time in OB farming orbs/gear last thing I want to do is the same shit in alpha. So they probably took my feedback lightly, as they should.

My strike three was when they added glacial shell or whatever it's called. That's when I snapped and wrote my long feedback. Then they teased me with splash (the same tease I got with cyclone) and today I'm just fuming.

Chain was fucking insane when it was introduced, wasn't changed for a while either but some reason all melee gems have to be UP then beefed up later when no one gives a shit about them anymore. I just don't get it, I really don't. Even if splash was OP AS FUCK, it still would struggle to match the clearing speed of ranged builds.
Finished 17th in Rampage - Peaked at 11th
Finished 18th in Torment/Bloodline 1mo Race - peaked at 9th
Null's Inclination Build 2.1.0 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1559063
Summon Skeleton 1.3 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1219856
"
Moosifer wrote:

1. Most of the focus was on MS as when we first got it in alpha it was insanely OP, PCoC and splash got ignored for the most part. By alphas at least, I assume GGG tested all 3 equally because they were all adjusted a few times.

2. Some people didn't agree with me.

3. When a gem can be OP from a support they have to balance around that rather than around other potential stuff.

4. I wasn't actively testing in alpha. I didn't have the patience to make a new toon, lvl it up, find gear and all that jazz. I spent probably about half my time in OB farming orbs/gear last thing I want to do is the same shit in alpha. So they probably took my feedback lightly, as they should.

My strike three was when they added glacial shell or whatever it's called. That's when I snapped and wrote my long feedback. Then they teased me with splash (the same tease I got with cyclone) and today I'm just fuming.

Chain was fucking insane when it was introduced, wasn't changed for a while either but some reason all melee gems have to be UP then beefed up later when no one gives a shit about them anymore. I just don't get it, I really don't. Even if splash was OP AS FUCK, it still would struggle to match the clearing speed of ranged builds.

I really don't understand this either. They could have given us godmode and we still wouldn't compete with ranged. I actually dislike mapping with my ranged friends. I love playing with them, but when we map together I barely have enough time to pick up loot before they are in the next room mowing shit down faster than I can run.

And lately, I spend more time QQing on these forums than actually playing my chars. But I'm working myself up here... I think I just need to relax and wait and see what happens next. I guess the next thing we can look forward to is the Manifesto. Maybe that will have some good news.
DISCLAIMER!
Last edited by Dragon585 on Apr 8, 2013, 4:50:50 AM
Bah bah bah... big rant in spoiler tags for those that care, but with arctic armour, cyclone and now this I'm starting to lose hope. There's enough feedback on dual wield, melee and other game elements to make improvements. CB I felt had more options. I still hate the chaos changes (and chaos resist) and that has only added to the feeling that currently there seems a lack of vision on how to push this game forward again.

Spoiler
Oh dear you two are right up my alley.

Arctic Armour I assume is your glacial shell? This thing only sees action at low levels if you got some mana to spare and a slot left open. It mostly benefits ranged classes and it actually doesn't safe you from what kills you when you go melee (big unavoidable hits). The only f'n challenge some ranged classes faced (ranged attacks) and they get the perfect skill for it with a big FU (how it starts to feel slowly) to any other form of reasonable use.

Doing a specialized dual wield build just to point this out, but sheet paper numbers already prove it is bad. Still stuck on spamming end cry till the end of time, which really makes no fun game play at all. Want to get something out of it, you better carry two end cry gems anyways.

Melee is utter crap name the skill you can use with a certain melee style and than distract more option when you decide on a weapon... < wtf!!! You know why there is no unique dual wield axe, because what skill or build would you use it with? Dual wield (dual strike, cleave... the end). To take a crap on the 10% more ats they added lightning thorns, just to make sure you definitely will die. So you thought about an "On hit build," but son please!!! You take dat spark totem or flame thrower totem and keep your mouth shut!

I was hoping to see something beyond the templar melee character, which is the most viable one, but melee splash is making sure that will remain the case forever and some more. You need dat increased AoE son, turn dat melee attack into a ranged swing or play ranged.

Cyclone which could have been a very nice and insane on hit build sort of needs more range too oh and a lot of mana oh and with the one style it would make sense with (dual wield) it is the least effective.

I say insane, but all that means is: better than what there is now.

For a long time now I haven't seen any adjustment or plans to change certain skill or work on some of the feedback that is repeated by so many players. I play this game maybe 3 times in a week for 3rs or 4hrs tops and have started to look for a new game. This mostly has to do with the feeling the game is no longer really progressing. Probably will take a hiatus and come back several patches later (smells like d3).

I loved CB and the game is still great. In CB there was a lot less, but somehow how the game moved forward made sense and the work was there... I lost that feeling.

Last edited by Ozgwald on Apr 8, 2013, 6:13:04 AM
"
Ozgwald wrote:
Bah bah bah... big rant in spoiler tags for those that care, but with arctic armour, cyclone and now this I'm starting to lose hope. There's enough feedback on dual wield, melee and other game elements to make improvements. CB I felt had more options. I still hate the chaos changes (and chaos resist) and that has only added to the feeling that currently there seems a lack of vision on how to push this game forward again.

Spoiler
Oh dear you two are right up my alley.

Arctic Armour I assume is your glacial shell? This thing only sees action at low levels if you got some mana to spare and a slot left open. It mostly benefits ranged classes and it actually doesn't safe you from what kills you when you go melee (big unavoidable hits). The only f'n challenge some ranged classes faced (ranged attacks) and they get the perfect skill for it with a big FU to any other form of reasonable use.

Doing a specialized dual wield build just to point this out, but sheet paper numbers already prove it shit. Still stuck on spamming end cry till the end of time, which really makes no fun game play at all. Want to get something out of it, you better carry two end cry gems anyways.

Melee is utter crap name the skill you can use with a certain melee style and than distract more option when you decide on a weapon... < wtf!!! You know why there is no unique dual wield axe, because what skill or build would you use it with? Dual wield (dual strike, cleave... the end). To take a crap on the 10% more ats they added lightning thorns, just to make sure you definitely will die. You thought about an On hit bit, son please!!! You take dat spark totem or flame thrower totem and keep your mouth shut!

I was hoping to see something beyond the templar melee character, which is the most viable one, but melee splash is making sure that will remain the case forever and some more. You need dat increased AoE son, turn dat melee attack into a ranged swing or play ranged.

Cyclone which could have been a very nice and insane on hit build sort of needs more range too oh and a lot of mana oh and with the one style it would make sense with (dual wield) it is the least effective.

I say insane, but all that means is: better than what there is now.

For a long time now I haven't seen any adjustment or plans to change certain skill or work on some of the feedback that is repeated by so many players. I play this game maybe 3 times in a week for 3rs or 4hrs tops and have started to look for a new game. This mostly has to do with the feeling the game is no longer really progressing. Probably will take a hiatus and come back several patches later (smells like d3).

I loved CB and the game is still great. In CB there was a lot less, but somehow how the game moved forward made sense and the work was there... I lost that feeling.

Ozgwald, you are drunk go home! ;)
Arctic armour is it's name now? I only even looked at it in alpha (and my blood started boiling because it reminded about how shit mana is now and how it isn't a melee gem) and they had a generic name for it then. I never really cared what the name was.
Finished 17th in Rampage - Peaked at 11th
Finished 18th in Torment/Bloodline 1mo Race - peaked at 9th
Null's Inclination Build 2.1.0 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1559063
Summon Skeleton 1.3 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1219856
Yeah.. not impressed at all.
The radius is just dreadful.

The majority of my passive points were spent in the shadow and duelist areas. There's no increased radius nodes. So I'd have to equip an increased area of effect gem as well. Not going to happen.
I've been dual wielding claws since I started to play in CB, basically leveling past 75 with just Dual Strike and Whirling Blades.
This support gem feels like: "Oh, you want a melee AoE? Yeah, you're not going to get one anytime soon. Take this, give up all damage and you might hit additional targets"

What's the quality bonus on it?
Sorry Exile, but your loot is in another dungeon!
IGN: Delirii

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info