Melee Splash

Post your feedback for this support here. Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a support.
Balance & Design
Last bumped on May 19, 2018, 11:30:04 AM
"
Realzameer wrote:

There's Melee Splash for anyone who'd like to know, it'll become unverified because I'll be switching it to somebody else but there you go!
IGN: HotnessEverspleen
Doesn't work with Shield charge =\.
IGN: Pixel, RainyPixel
Level 81 mara 1h/shield. Ran 3 maps with this gem linked as such:
Infernal blow + melee splash + weapon ele dmg + melee physical + faster attacks + blood magic
Tooltip dps 6400 with auras. 15% quality on infernal blow gem

Dps is good on this gem. Radius is pretty awful. Anything that is not physically touching you will not get hit. Even mobs that are directly behind me, meleeing me, are not getting hit. No idea whether or not this gem benefits from inc aoe passives, but I only have master of the arena. Not sure if the 15% radius on my infernal blow also has any effect on the gem either. But the radius is just bad. No reason to switch from an aoe like GS or cleave or sweep or Leap slam to a single target with splash. The damage is there, but you won't be hitting things that are close to you like you could with one of the aoes mentioned above. Also causes horrible desync while having to chase mobs down.

Good try, but back to the old ground slam I guess. Would really like to know, mark_ggg, if splash is affected by passive aoe increases, inc aoe sup gem, or quality from the single target attack it is linked to.

Thanks, and keep up the good work fellas.

edit: This skill, like a few others could probably be great if not for the desync bug. I know you guys are working hard on it. I still stand by my claim that the radius is FAR to small to be an effective aoe.
DISCLAIMER!
The views and expressed opinions of Dragon are solely those of a drunken redneck and are not necessarily those of a sane person. Any likeness of intelligence is strictly coincidental and should not be taken seriously. His posts should not be read... by anyone.
Last edited by Dragon585 on Apr 7, 2013, 10:12:33 PM
any increased area radius stats affecting the skill will apply to the splash radius
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
any increased area radius stats affecting the skill will apply to the splash radius

Thanks. Will try tweaking my build a pinch to see if a few inc aoe nodes makes this skill the aoe I crave it to be. I am still unclear as to if the increased radius on quality infernal blow will affect splash radius or just the explosion radius. Help plz =(

edited: new information from some friends has caused me to rethink my compliment of GGG listening to their players.
DISCLAIMER!
The views and expressed opinions of Dragon are solely those of a drunken redneck and are not necessarily those of a sane person. Any likeness of intelligence is strictly coincidental and should not be taken seriously. His posts should not be read... by anyone.
Last edited by Dragon585 on Apr 8, 2013, 4:29:36 AM
Radius of multisplash is pretty bad. As well as the dmg penalty. Definitely not using.
"
Tygerwoody wrote:
Radius of multisplash is pretty bad. As well as the dmg penalty. Definitely not using.

Tiger, were you using any aoe passives or gems/gear? I agree the radius is bad, but I haven't tried linking to some radius.

edit: I give up. I'm not willing to sacrifice 4 passives and a gem slot to make this skill as viable as the current aoes. Not worth it.
DISCLAIMER!
Last edited by Dragon585 on Apr 7, 2013, 10:27:16 PM
Did a little bit of testing on a 42 claw shadow with dual strike, lightning strike and frenzy. Seems OK, but not awesome. Cost might actually be a little high for what you get.
"
Dragon585 wrote:
I am still unclear as to if the increased radius on quality infernal blow will affect splash radius or just the explosion radius. Help plz =(
"
Mark_GGG wrote:

Yes it does not work with shield charge in the initial implementation. This si planned for the future.
It has been explicitly disabled with viper strike, to be re-enabled when we can have it scale the damage of the DoT.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info