Melee Splash

It is funny how we're up at the AoE nodes again in the corner of templar witch, trying to change the melee stuff into ranged through AoE, maybe I expected more.

Arctic armour has practically no synergy with the passive tree so why not the same for melee splash. It should have its own good AoE range and maybe have synergy with increased aoe support gem (though the tendency in the game is that support gems don't influence one another). Maybe detach this skill from being influenced by increased AoE in the tree, you got AoE skills etc. for that. Would it not be better if this were to be a different route to AoE in PoE.... ugh or maybe add more AoE nodes lower (left, right, etc.) side of the tree?

Fcebreaker Inferno blow melee splash

Build: http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAAbwEswUtDjwOrRQgFE0UcRjbGbQaOB0UIWAotSmlLOkyCTKJOlI8BUCgQapDnEp9UEdWBFfiWfNbr2BLYIhhUmaeZ6Bqk25pcql07XTxeu982YFvgziE2YZgh3aPRpBVm42ePJ65n8uf36IApzCnhKyqr6ev676nwA_AGsrTzqjQ0NJN1e3dDew4707veu989qP3Mvjr-tL8xQ==

Gear:

The Aoe seems ok, the radius of splash Looks a bit low, my cleave seemed to have more Aoe radius with the same build.

I run Anger, wrath, Determination and Hatered
IGN - Endoplasm
Last edited by kot0005 on Apr 8, 2013, 9:45:37 AM
"
kyusoath wrote:
why do they hate melee so much? ranged is better in every way imagine if chain had 50% less damage, thats how they treat melee.

Lol.

Yeah the damage penalty doesn't bother me at all. I could do with a bigger splash radius but I'm still designing a build around this. It probably won't be super awesome, but here's hoping.
"
Dragon585 wrote:
"
Moosifer wrote:
I BEGGED for them to make the AOE bigger all this week in alpha. There's much higher risk to using this style of play and if the AOE doesn't even compare to normal AOEs what's the point of using it?

I threw it on my GH build I was working on just because of the splash announcement and I might as well have just had GH w/o splash. I barely noticed any difference.

I'm so disappointed with how they chose to make this UP rather than slightly OP. I try to be patience and hopeful but I'm really frustrated with how they introduced splash. I'm pretty sure it's only this way because with a few skills it's OP so it means the ones that could really shine from a larger AOE become utterly useless.

Say hello to another niche gem.

What is the point of having alphas if you don't listen to their feedback? Your not the only alpha I have spoken with that has said they begged GGG to inc the radius of splash. Seems like such a waste of valuable information. Why bother? Why bother posting feedback here? It obviously will make no difference in their decision making. I too am getting more and more frustrated with patches that seem so amazing until they launch and prove to be utter disappointments.

I will try to be positive also, but this patch is strike two. Cyclone was strike one.

What happens at 3 strikes? *interested*

*popcorn*

-Aaron
The Splash range is really really small... Tho its acceptable with Quality gem (15%) and some Area range nodes.

Im trying it with Glacial Hammer (Splash,WED,Fire,Faster Attack,Melee Phys)

5L remove Melee Phys without Hatred aura. If using Hatred, remove Fire dmg instead.
Last edited by sai25 on Apr 8, 2013, 12:18:38 PM
This gem is another step into right direction after introducing cyclone but with its current ratios it is not enough I'm afraid.

"
Mark_GGG wrote:

"
Dragon585 wrote:

Dps is good on this gem. Radius is pretty awful. Anything that is not physically touching you will not get hit.
any increased area radius stats affecting the skill will apply to the splash radius

I like it: "Weak skill? You can always buff it spending another precious slots!". Shame.

For now groundslam (not melee skill btw) melee is still the best melee build, yet not remotely close to real ranged in efficiency/safety. Recently there has been introduced 3 melee skills and still nothing massively improving melee play. Cyclone was the most close to fill the gap but it desyncs so much it's not very safe to rely on it (especially being surrounded by weaves of minions).

Tune up damage/radius ratios. Melee needs improving desperately. Or maybe all GGG are playing freeze pulse marauders and don't have a full picture how much melee is lacking at the moment? Sometimes it seems so.

Best regards.

IGN:
ZENofWar [lvl 88 Blood magic cyclone Marauder]
ZENofArts [lvl 80 Cast on crit Quill Rain Scion]
hi can anyone tell me the base radius plz? I can't find the answer on the forum. I expect 5-6 radius with my test.
I have no idea why every one is complaining about splash radius. I've tried it out with dual strike and it seems to work great. I don't have aoe passives neither from witch or templar nor from gem quality.

Here is a record of test run:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccJ9dHihi7Q
IGN: Zarbis, ArcIsBad
Maybe rename that gem to Melee Trash Gem.
I mean seriously, didnt everybody agree that melee is in needs of a buff?

Everything we get is some bullshit tradeoff gem and not a buff,
its not even enough to sacrify a socket for that crap thing, no it roughly takes 40% of your damage away to tickle trashmobs in a tiny radius around you.

Tell us the fucking setup of your "balance" calculations, i cant believe that this gem has any right to exist.

Maybe its useful in a 6 link level 20 with 20 quality, should i play a month to find that out? NO

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info