Melee Splash

"
grycan69 wrote:
THX
Avatar of Fire hmm i dont want use one elemental for now, i am swiching weapons, elementals , skills.... But i think lightining elementar have more dmg than fire, sometimes a lot of hp down i see on mobs when atack light element... I just start my adventure POE i want try some things and in future.... I loking way to make lightining maruder atm..

Lightning damage is indeed very powerful, because it can shock and shock can stack (unlike burn), increasing damage by up to 90%. However, you need either high chance to shock or high chance to crit to make it work, and the only melee skill to do that consistently is Lightning Strike, but it has no build-in shock chance so usually it's viable only with crit-based builds, that use daggers or staffs.
And melee splash doesnt work well with Lightning Strike.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Does Master of the Arena and Daresso´s Salute increase the AoE Radius of the splash damage or just the range of you melee targetting?
http://i.imgur.com/TF8Auam.jpg
"
Almornik wrote:
Does Master of the Arena and Daresso´s Salute increase the AoE Radius of the splash damage or just the range of you melee targetting?
only melee targeting/working range and the AoE size of cyclone (before AoE boosts).
"
soul4hdwn wrote:
"
Almornik wrote:
only melee targeting/working range and the AoE size of cyclone (before AoE boosts).

Thanks for the answer. So now I sit here with Daressos Salute and Master of the Arena on my Claw-Shadow and it does crap for my Reave/Frenzy build. Damn...
Using Cyclone atm isnt a choice since baaaad desync.
So +2/+4 Melee Range seems kind of worthless if it doesnt work with Splash radius. I also assume then it wont increase the radius of Infernal blows explosion, eh?
http://i.imgur.com/TF8Auam.jpg
"
Almornik wrote:
"
soul4hdwn wrote:
"
Almornik wrote:

Thanks for the answer. So now I sit here with Daressos Salute and Master of the Arena on my Claw-Shadow and it does crap for my Reave/Frenzy build. Damn...
Using Cyclone atm isnt a choice since baaaad desync.
So +2/+4 Melee Range seems kind of worthless if it doesnt work with Splash radius. I also assume then it wont increase the radius of Infernal blows explosion, eh?

Yeah, it wont. Although increased melee range isnt useless, it really shines only for cyclone.
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
I have to ask if Melee Splash Quality bonus applies to the skills it is linked to in addition to increasing the Splash radius?

I've been using Dual Strike + Melee Splash + Cast on Melee Kill + Detonate Dead and I was thinking of getting a quality Melee Splash to help out with the incredibly tiny aoe that Detonate Dead has.
I'm using melee splash with my flicker strike, and I would like to have some feedback :
is it worth having 20%quality on it ? ( it should be lvl 20 soon, and since getting it to lvl 10~15 is quick, I could upgrade it to 20%quality wit hthe vendor recipe ).
I don't have any increase area dmg/radius from my gear/passive skill tree.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Nov 19, 2013, 8:34:09 AM
"
erohakase wrote:
I have to ask if Melee Splash Quality bonus applies to the skills it is linked to in addition to increasing the Splash radius?

I've been using Dual Strike + Melee Splash + Cast on Melee Kill + Detonate Dead and I was thinking of getting a quality Melee Splash to help out with the incredibly tiny aoe that Detonate Dead has.

The %AoE will apply to linked Skills. Detonate Dead does not link to Melee Splash, however.
"
Fruz wrote:
I'm using melee splash with my flicker strike, and I would like to have some feedback :
is it worth having 20%quality on it ? ( it should be lvl 20 soon, and since getting it to lvl 10~15 is quick, I could upgrade it to 20%quality wit hthe vendor recipe ).
I don't have any increase area dmg/radius from my gear/passive skill tree.

Yes, quality on melee splash is well worth it, but area nodes arent needed

There is no knowledge
That is not power
I'm curious about 'on hit' effects with this. In my case, chance to freeze.

Using frenzy with 20% added cold damage and melee splash. 10% chance to freeze on hit.

Does it calculate the freeze chance for each target that's plashed individually, or does it calculate it only for the main target so that if main target gets frozen, everything else does as well.

Any idea?

I would like/hope to think that it calculates the freeze chance for each mob that's splashed, but I could be wrong.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info