Melee Splash

"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
This support is overpowered. It needs a worse damage penalty, and perhaps a larger mana cost multiplier as well.

For more discussion, please read this Feedback forum thread.
Haha good one, melee splash doesn't need a nerf at all.
IGN: IgnitedWafflez
"
Leeway wrote:
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
This support is overpowered. It needs a worse damage penalty, and perhaps a larger mana cost multiplier as well.

For more discussion, please read this Feedback forum thread.
Haha good one, melee splash doesn't need a nerf at all.
It is and it does. In its current state, it directly contributes to players spamming a single skill instead of using a mix of single-target and multi-target skills.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Desync really fucks Melee Splash, because if you don't hit your main target, you don't splash. And if you desync you can't hit anything. All you see is that you're swinging, but you don't damage anything. Even though there are monsters all around you (you can see it after the rubberbanding). Melee AOE skills don't have this problem. Maybe you could fix it by letting single target melee skills automatically target a nearby monster.

Edit: You can see this in the last build of the week.
Last edited by petden on Jun 10, 2014, 6:35:04 AM
For the curious, previous post without the eye-searing white color:

"
petden wrote:
Desync really fucks Melee Splash, because if you don't hit your main target, you don't splash. And if you desync you can't hit anything. All you see is that you're swinging, but you don't damage anything. Even though there are monsters all around you (you can see it after the rubberbanding). Melee AOE skills don't have this problem. Maybe you could fix it by letting single target melee skills automatically target a nearby monster.

Edit: You can see this in the last build of the week.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/974651

There in Gems section everything said.
Must be more radius splash and less penalty to main target. More increased physical damage per level and more AoE.
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead
"
TreeOfDead wrote:

Must be more radius splash and less penalty to main target. More increased physical damage per level and more AoE.
One of the best (if not the most universally useful) gems in the game does not need to be buffed.

Read your suggestions. Most of it is buffs for gems that are already ridiculously powerful. And most of your nerf suggestions are based on flawed understanding of real problems with skills, as well as a clear non-understanding of what some of those gems sacrifice to be useful.
IGN - PlutoChthon, Talvathir
"
Autocthon wrote:
"
TreeOfDead wrote:

One of the best (if not the most universally useful) gems in the game does not need to be buffed.

Read your suggestions. Most of it is buffs for gems that are already ridiculously powerful. And most of your nerf suggestions are based on flawed understanding of real problems with skills, as well as a clear non-understanding of what some of those gems sacrifice to be useful.

Thank you for reading my thread!
Thanks for that, i got so many negative PMs in game for that post... idk why ppl so mad and angry at me, but okay.

Lets say you too non-understanding of what some of those gems sacrifice to be useful, i play from CB, was there, but HDD crash lost all my pass/logs on my mail and there, so i wait when OB start and play from first day. I do know some about gems, has played almost all possible builds and know them, so when you said i non-understand, to be true WE non-understand, only GGG member know all about gems they created.

I just want to make most useful suggestions and make Path of Exile MORE popular and more fun for HC and NORMAL players with life/work/kids/gf/etc.
IT IS POSSIBLE! Thats lier when ppl said PoE HC game, thats not true. I play with big group of normal guys and girls, with TS server, they casual (normal), they leave game bcs of many factors, and its not about "hard", its just NO crafting at all, NO freedom builds (there 3-6 real good effective builds, other just good with BIS gear and perfect passive skill tree, and there still many pretty bad unplayable gems), no balance (its pain when you cant do anything and ur buddy just faceroll EVERYTHING with same lvl and near same gear: take a look on how GGG balance crits and RT - some faceroll UBER atziri in 15-20 sec, other cant even do normal atziri, is it fine? Is it balance? Is it fun to play with know that you cant do CONTENT that orientier on 1-2 build?), and more. Most of them play other arpg (offline and online).

Well, thats not what i want to say, but lame to delete it.
If you think im wrong - okay, sorry, you right and im wrong. Maybe haters win, will try new league and just do some brainstorm about why im still here.
Thanks.
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead
From 1.0.2b patch notes:
"
- Fixed a bug where area damage bonuses would not benefit Viper Strike when supported by Melee Splash.
- The Melee Splash damage penalty is no longer specifically attack damage.

If I understand correctly this change was made so that Viper Strike wouldn't avoid the damage multiplier on its DoT damage. If that is the case, please consider changing the penalty back to attack damage as it is no longer necessary with the new Viper Strike design. As it stands the generic damage penalty will double dip by applying to the DoT calculation on top of the initial hit.
does anybody know if the splash hits all targets simultanously? Or is there a travelling wave from the point of initial impact?
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
"
Ludvator wrote:
the splash hits all targets simultaneously
edited to show answer

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info