3.17 TOXIC RAIN CHAMPION - Fast, Tanky, Deadly! - League-Start to End-Game

"
Tarteens wrote:
Build is coming along, for mapping/single bossing seems okay, but man, Maven investation are way to complicated.

10 boss fights are really difficult,
I tried "The twisted", got it after 5 portals
I have still big trouble with Sirus (i'm too bad for his mecanics)

I guess i'm lacking all the big upgrades....amulet, awakened void manipulation,glove with Dot...

I've lvling an Enlighten gem, I will try add Vitality, the no-regen on this character is really an issue

PoB: https://pastebin.com/sYbE95HB
Assuming you're using Brine King for freeze immunity, you should swap out your freeze flask for something with extra evasion. Or Armour, both are really useful. I'd advise doing the same with poison - poison is chaos damage, and your chaos resist is high enough it won't matter.

You need the craft for 10% of life as extra ES on chest to take full advantage of Ghost Dance.

Try to pick up a big roll on Int and Str, so you don't have to waste more than one affix on each. These can be on Amulet, Gloves, Rings, or Boots. Str can also roll on belts. And switch your amulet for an Agate, or possibly a pure strength one.

For life regen, use Enduring Cry. Connected to second wind you get 2 uses, it heals you for 2k life over 1 second, and makes you tougher to hurt. It's useful enough that I almost never have to dip into my life flask.

Sirus really is just learning the mechanics of the fight. Watch some youtube vids, learn how to dodge the DIE beam, get out of the meteor drop, and use the laneway attack & the start of the quad beam as an opportunity to DPS him. Remember to turn up the volume on voices to full before the fight, he telegraphs his big hits by shouting at you.

10 boss stacks are mostly a matter of staying on the move. Don't worry about stacking on a single target. Try running around the outside of the arena, stop and throw down some pods, run, totem, run, pods, run, rinse and repeat. Let the Mirage Archer take most of the load - as long as you've hit recently, it'll keep throwing down pods for you. Also might be worth unsocketing Focused Ballista for the fight, then your ballistas keep firing even when you're running.
Current league IGN: Teldra_Anc_LAD
Feel free to message me in game if I'm on.
"
burtoncliff wrote:
Hey guys, I'm following the PoB guide and I got a lot of stuff that is there.
Survivabilty seems OK, although I haven't done the top tier content yet.

Couldn't complete Sirus A8 but I did a lot of upgrades since then and haven't tried again since.

Mapping is good, scourge is good, bossing is OK.

But I'm kinda stuck and don't know what my next step should be.
I have only around 3ex but I don't really know what to aim for now.

My DPS is way lower than the guide

Does anyone care to take a look?
https://pastebin.com/mMPWdk0r

Much appreciated! =D

You really need a toxic rain with 20% quality, and the 20% increased AOE from Bow Mastery next to Hunter's Gambit. Without these, you're getting almost no overlap on pods, so boss damage is going to be terribad.

Same advice as my last post wrt: str & int. Try to pick up a big roll on Int and Str, so you don't have to waste more than one affix on each. These can be on Amulet, Gloves, Rings, or Boots. Str can also roll on belts. And switch your amulet for an Agate, or possibly a pure strength one. Extra Dex doesn't help us much.

Boots with extra spell suppression on them to cap that out, although you're pretty close now anyway due to your chest, but you're going to want to upgrade that eventually.

Drop the hinder / maim affix on your mana flask for a boost to Evasion. Ghost Dance needs high life, evasion, and a decent amount of energy shield.

After that, it's all going to be about upgrading gear. Right now, you're using a generic rare helm instead of one of the uniques for either mana (Devouring Diadem) or curse immunity / damage reduction (Viridi's Veil). Most of your other gear choices have several pointless affixes. For instance, take your Amethyst ring, it has +dex, phys damage to attacks, and +mana, all of which don't help. We need to be really efficient with gear affixes in this build. Look to upgrade all your gear so it has less wasted affixes.

Current league IGN: Teldra_Anc_LAD
Feel free to message me in game if I'm on.
"
grimjack68 wrote:
"
burtoncliff wrote:
Hey guys, I'm following the PoB guide and I got a lot of stuff that is there.
Survivabilty seems OK, although I haven't done the top tier content yet.

Couldn't complete Sirus A8 but I did a lot of upgrades since then and haven't tried again since.

Mapping is good, scourge is good, bossing is OK.

But I'm kinda stuck and don't know what my next step should be.
I have only around 3ex but I don't really know what to aim for now.

My DPS is way lower than the guide

Does anyone care to take a look?
https://pastebin.com/mMPWdk0r

Much appreciated! =D

You really need a toxic rain with 20% quality, and the 20% increased AOE from Bow Mastery next to Hunter's Gambit. Without these, you're getting almost no overlap on pods, so boss damage is going to be terribad.

Same advice as my last post wrt: str & int. Try to pick up a big roll on Int and Str, so you don't have to waste more than one affix on each. These can be on Amulet, Gloves, Rings, or Boots. Str can also roll on belts. And switch your amulet for an Agate, or possibly a pure strength one. Extra Dex doesn't help us much.

Boots with extra spell suppression on them to cap that out, although you're pretty close now anyway due to your chest, but you're going to want to upgrade that eventually.

Drop the hinder / maim affix on your mana flask for a boost to Evasion. Ghost Dance needs high life, evasion, and a decent amount of energy shield.

After that, it's all going to be about upgrading gear. Right now, you're using a generic rare helm instead of one of the uniques for either mana (Devouring Diadem) or curse immunity / damage reduction (Viridi's Veil). Most of your other gear choices have several pointless affixes. For instance, take your Amethyst ring, it has +dex, phys damage to attacks, and +mana, all of which don't help. We need to be really efficient with gear affixes in this build. Look to upgrade all your gear so it has less wasted affixes.

Dude, thanks a lot, this was very helpful.

I will look into everything that you said. Now I have some directions on what to pursue
"
grimjack68 wrote:
"
Tarteens wrote:
Build is coming along, for mapping/single bossing seems okay, but man, Maven investation are way to complicated.

10 boss fights are really difficult,
I tried "The twisted", got it after 5 portals
I have still big trouble with Sirus (i'm too bad for his mecanics)

I guess i'm lacking all the big upgrades....amulet, awakened void manipulation,glove with Dot...

I've lvling an Enlighten gem, I will try add Vitality, the no-regen on this character is really an issue

PoB: https://pastebin.com/sYbE95HB
Assuming you're using Brine King for freeze immunity, you should swap out your freeze flask for something with extra evasion. Or Armour, both are really useful. I'd advise doing the same with poison - poison is chaos damage, and your chaos resist is high enough it won't matter.

You need the craft for 10% of life as extra ES on chest to take full advantage of Ghost Dance.

Try to pick up a big roll on Int and Str, so you don't have to waste more than one affix on each. These can be on Amulet, Gloves, Rings, or Boots. Str can also roll on belts. And switch your amulet for an Agate, or possibly a pure strength one.

For life regen, use Enduring Cry. Connected to second wind you get 2 uses, it heals you for 2k life over 1 second, and makes you tougher to hurt. It's useful enough that I almost never have to dip into my life flask.

Sirus really is just learning the mechanics of the fight. Watch some youtube vids, learn how to dodge the DIE beam, get out of the meteor drop, and use the laneway attack & the start of the quad beam as an opportunity to DPS him. Remember to turn up the volume on voices to full before the fight, he telegraphs his big hits by shouting at you.

10 boss stacks are mostly a matter of staying on the move. Don't worry about stacking on a single target. Try running around the outside of the arena, stop and throw down some pods, run, totem, run, pods, run, rinse and repeat. Let the Mirage Archer take most of the load - as long as you've hit recently, it'll keep throwing down pods for you. Also might be worth unsocketing Focused Ballista for the fight, then your ballistas keep firing even when you're running.

I'm still not sure whether or not to go with QOTF or a rare chest with frenzy (and the mod life as as). Both seems valid approach.
But as I'm running Devouring Diadem, I don't care too much about ES , having about 400 is enough for mana sustainability.

So QOTF + Malony's Mecanism makes more sense (also i like having frenzy + culling strike in the setup)

I need I need to swap my amulet for something better...but it take some time.

Enduring cry is already connected to Second wind, no issue

For the rest , Ill check. In fact, I beat Sirus A8 yesterday, got an awakener orb out of him (yeah me)

Last edited by Tarteens on Nov 28, 2021, 4:39:19 AM
Hey!
Currently playing this build and... im dying :)
I have 50ex ish for upgrade, but idk what upgrades to do first
Wanna be unkillable :D What about The Brass Dome chest? High resists and mega armour or should i go for rare chest with viridi's veil.. idk really, need advise friends :)
My POB https://pastebin.com/9JKGB73r
will be very appreciate for help
im not english speaker, so, sorry for mistakes ;D
Maybe someone can help me here as I'm having two issues.

https://pastebin.com/BaubKSnK

1) Survivability is pretty low for being a "tank".

2) My damage is okay and can take me through T14 maps so far, but I'm missing something.

So to put this in perspective, I'm running T14 maps and L80 heist contracts... and I'm dying pretty often. I noticed I have about 1k less health and about 8k less evasion. I'm wondering what I can improve in terms of gear since I copied the tree exactly as seen here. I realize that I'm only level 86 and therefore don't have skills in the suppression part of the tree yet, but my suppression is already above the build here.

In terms of damage, on PoB I'm about 7 million dps less than this build and I cannot identify why.

A few things I notice and I'm looking for feedback on are:
1) my chest piece is just garbage, how can that be improved?
2) I'm not max on resists
3) My flasks are garbage as well.

I have about 3ex to spend.
"
Hey!
Currently playing this build and... im dying :)
I have 50ex ish for upgrade, but idk what upgrades to do first
Wanna be unkillable :D What about The Brass Dome chest? High resists and mega armour or should i go for rare chest with viridi's veil.. idk really, need advise friends :)
My POB https://pastebin.com/9JKGB73r
will be very appreciate for help
im not english speaker, so, sorry for mistakes ;D

Your resistances are not capped , and you are missing life.
"
Komagetsome wrote:
Maybe someone can help me here as I'm having two issues.

https://pastebin.com/BaubKSnK

1) Survivability is pretty low for being a "tank".

2) My damage is okay and can take me through T14 maps so far, but I'm missing something.

So to put this in perspective, I'm running T14 maps and L80 heist contracts... and I'm dying pretty often. I noticed I have about 1k less health and about 8k less evasion. I'm wondering what I can improve in terms of gear since I copied the tree exactly as seen here. I realize that I'm only level 86 and therefore don't have skills in the suppression part of the tree yet, but my suppression is already above the build here.

In terms of damage, on PoB I'm about 7 million dps less than this build and I cannot identify why.

A few things I notice and I'm looking for feedback on are:
1) my chest piece is just garbage, how can that be improved?
2) I'm not max on resists
3) My flasks are garbage as well.

I have about 3ex to spend.

Same as above : missing resistances, missing life
Missing the 1.39 area of effect.

check the response from grimjack68 on the others page, it will help you
crafted a nice little dps ring yesterday, any ideas how to finish it?

Sup duder -

So I'm not playing league, but I took a lvl 81 Champion I had kicking around in std (GotASoulTakerMightAsWel), scavenged all my chaos gear + unobtainable bow off my old 91 CA/TR Trickster Miner (https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3000952/page/1#p24001419 RIP in pepperonis) and in a week of v casual play (and deaths from cats on my keys) have taken him to 91, almost 92.

My max lvl character was my old lvl 92 Incinerate Chieftan from several leagues back, back when multicraft was godly and killed off at the end of said league, and this is set to easily surpass him.

Thanks for this, I've been really struggling the past couple of leagues with feeling squishy AND underpowered, trying builds and hating them. Even the CA/TR Miner was squishy to a point I didn't feel I could push him any farther. This has solved both problems and I'm not even optimized at all!
I want to rock right meow

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info