3.17 TOXIC RAIN CHAMPION - Fast, Tanky, Deadly! - League-Start to End-Game

I just chaos rolled this, what should i craft onto it?
I reached level 90 and cleared all my t13 corrupted maps and it's still rather easy. I have only 3.4k life and only recently bought The devouring diadem just to be able to use Determination aura as well. So definately TR is still viable.

I don't have much time to play this league but I finally managed to get my last atlas skill point and last favorite map slot. The feared is done :)

17 million shaper DPS is allowing to kill everything quickly and as expected Champion ascendancy is extremely tanky.

Now it's time to start farming currency to get my own Mageblood. The good thing is that I get one Apothecary card from my first 50 stack decks and I already bough 2 more from the currency I had (I decided not to upgrade my gear too much and hoard all currency instead).

My current gear including self crafted rings, belt, weapon, gloves and that amulet just dropped as it is :) The spent 50c on helmet, 2 ex on quiver, 3 ex on boots and 2 ex on the chest.

Two fun things!

1) I've pushed this guy to my original highest-level toon (92), and am now sitting at 97! I've found that the easiest, least rippy content (for me) is heist. Smooth as butter, good rewards, and consistent XP.

2) I finally obtained an HH with harvest card gamba, and man oh man, I'm flying now!

I'm not sure what to upgrade first to start really pushing my damage now that currency is not a huge issue anymore, but this is far and away my favorite spec ever.
I don't want to get rid of Diadem as it is so powerful regarding mana issues, and I want to keep my HH for sure. Anyone with a good starting place?

Thanks for all your work on this guide! I hope they never break this spec to the point it's not viable. It's so much fun!
I want to rock right meow
Thank you @Brunowa, I havent played since Harvest and needed a new build. Ive played TR off and on over the years and loved youre king of summoners back in the day so I know its safe to buy ahead for this one =).

Some of the goodies ive amassed, now just gotta mindlessly level again.
"
Laeortia wrote:
Two fun things!

1) I've pushed this guy to my original highest-level toon (92), and am now sitting at 97! I've found that the easiest, least rippy content (for me) is heist. Smooth as butter, good rewards, and consistent XP.

2) I finally obtained an HH with harvest card gamba, and man oh man, I'm flying now!

I'm not sure what to upgrade first to start really pushing my damage now that currency is not a huge issue anymore, but this is far and away my favorite spec ever.
I don't want to get rid of Diadem as it is so powerful regarding mana issues, and I want to keep my HH for sure. Anyone with a good starting place?

Thanks for all your work on this guide! I hope they never break this spec to the point it's not viable. It's so much fun!

I agree with that Heist is a good place to farm XP, I'm doing it always on my way to 100 when I'm close to reach next level just to not risk death.

As it goes for upgrades then those will give you the biggest damage boost:

1. Change body armor to the one with Frenzy charage on hit and then replace quiver for the Broadhead arrow quiver with %chaos damage over time, %damage over time, %damage with bow skill and attack speed. DPS boost will be huge.

2. Replace your amulet with the one with %chaos dot, %dot, +1 chaos skill, +1 all skills. If you can't find or can't afford that any 3 out of 4 combination will still do good job.

3. Take apothecary gloves with %chaos dot and culling strike (combine with awakeners orb hunter gloves and warlord gloves with right affixes).

4. Craft with essence of delirium or buy rings with +15% damage over time multiplier (crafting that with additonaly despair on hit curse will cost a bit).

5. Go for double large cluster jewels, it's a better damage then single cluster jewel setup.

6. Run lab with Dedication of the Goddess and get yourself a HH enchant with -% to enemy resistnace.

7. If you decide to drop HH, go for Mageblood (you can have then 0 mana cost) and replace your helmet with hunter one with -9% enemies chaos res (or even -12% when elevated).

I'm sitting currently on 48 mln Shaper DPS and still planning to do some upgrades, the biggest one will be to buy Awakened Empower support level 5 (that's like 190ex) but it will get me to 51mln Shaper DPS. Overall on this Champion with such DPS all those new uber bosses are a piece of cake.

Last edited by Platonx on Jul 4, 2022, 5:20:37 PM
One stop shopping with all these pieces, love being able to cram so much on one thing anymore, nuts.

Those are really nice items for this build.

I finished my TR Champ for this league along with 40/40 challanges. This time I was able to get 62mln Shaper DPS on self attack and additional 21mln Shaper DPS on 5 totem ballistas which is giving in total 83mln Shaper DPS on bossing which feels really great. Along with how tanky Champion is overall experiance is fantastic.

DPS improvements comparing with the previous league came from Awakened Empower gem, additional +1 all skill on amu and recombinating additional chaos damage on my ring (+%dot multi, +%chaos damage and despair on hit on a single Iolite ring). Also it turned out that getting The Watcher's Eye with spell supression with grace is a lot better then life on hit with vitality as it frees some skill points that does not have to be invested in spell supression on skill tree.

Overall cost of all items and gems around 770ex.

Last edited by Platonx on Jul 19, 2022, 11:53:38 AM
Just a silly Q,since Im running a partly different build: is cwdt able to cast that lvl20 enduring cry or you cast it manually?
It's a manual cast. Mainly used as an additional life flask :) And in difficult situation or bossing it gives you endurance charges with additional physical reduction which is always nice. In simulacrum it's particulary useful. Also if you get increased endurance charge duration implicits on jewels/cluster jewels it's easier to maintain.

I didn't figure out any better alternative for this gem slot. In previous league I was using also Vitality which replaced my increased duration gem.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info