Chemist's 3.16 zerk boneshatter 20-60m dps, non crit, HCSSF Viable

Hi!

Thanks for the great build so far! I have a couple of questions I was hoping you'd address.

1) How are we managing our mana?
The build included Pride, Determination, Blood and Sand and Dread Banner. I have the efficiency masteries on the tree and even the %50 increased efficiency for Pride on my amulet, but this does not give me enough to activate all my auras. Even activating 3/4 auras leaves me with realistically too little mana to spam Skills/Warcries without having to have 100% uptime on my Enduring Mana flask.

2) What's the general rotation to go for? How do we manage rage etc.?
Seeing as this build's playstyle is quite complex to PoE's build standards, it would be nice to have some kind of general skill rotation or video on how to play. E.g. First Intimidating Cry -> Other Cry -> bla bla -> boneshatter till this much rage -> pop berserk -> etc etc.
Almost like WoW skill rotation guide, where is our focus, and what is high priority in uptime?

3) 100% Impale chance, how?
You address 3 different options in your PoB, but none of those are specced into on the PoB (2H version).
It takes a lot of passive points to reach either 3 jewels or a Physical Mastery node, both not accounted for in the tree. The impale chance on the weapon is also not the easiest since we just go for Atziri's Disfavour. I ended up just running impale support as replacement for Close Combat in my Boneshatter 6l, what's your take on this?

4) Int / Dex requirements
As of now, the PoB has 58/155 required INT and 48/76 required DEX. It would be nice if you updated the PoB with the added requirements on gear or passives, as it can give a skewed view of what gear/passives are needed and might become a lot more expensive on some pieces of gear.

All in all a super fun build and very strong! I love being able to learn as I go and the skill ceiling seems super high on this build, which is very rare for PoE builds!
Thanks a lot :)
Last edited by Oborawatbinost on Nov 8, 2021, 6:17:05 AM
"
ChemistHCSSF wrote:

This is what most including myself do, I don't go IR though. I feel comfortable with 30k armour with flasks up

IR is two points away, you only lose a bit of life for it. You can easily get 50k armour with it. Thats def. worth it imo.
Last edited by Zerber on Nov 8, 2021, 7:12:53 AM
"
Zerber wrote:
"
ChemistHCSSF wrote:

This is what most including myself do, I don't go IR though. I feel comfortable with 30k armour with flasks up

IR is two points away, you only lose a bit of life for it. You can easily get 50k armour with it. Thats def. worth it imo.

I have 0 concerns in terms of dealing with physical damage, I'd rather invest the points into max res and clusters.
"
Hi!

Thanks for the great build so far! I have a couple of questions I was hoping you'd address.

1) How are we managing our mana?
The build included Pride, Determination, Blood and Sand and Dread Banner. I have the efficiency masteries on the tree and even the %50 increased efficiency for Pride on my amulet, but this does not give me enough to activate all my auras. Even activating 3/4 auras leaves me with realistically too little mana to spam Skills/Warcries without having to have 100% uptime on my Enduring Mana flask.

2) What's the general rotation to go for? How do we manage rage etc.?
Seeing as this build's playstyle is quite complex to PoE's build standards, it would be nice to have some kind of general skill rotation or video on how to play. E.g. First Intimidating Cry -> Other Cry -> bla bla -> boneshatter till this much rage -> pop berserk -> etc etc.
Almost like WoW skill rotation guide, where is our focus, and what is high priority in uptime?

3) 100% Impale chance, how?
You address 3 different options in your PoB, but none of those are specced into on the PoB (2H version).
It takes a lot of passive points to reach either 3 jewels or a Physical Mastery node, both not accounted for in the tree. The impale chance on the weapon is also not the easiest since we just go for Atziri's Disfavour. I ended up just running impale support as replacement for Close Combat in my Boneshatter 6l, what's your take on this?

4) Int / Dex requirements
As of now, the PoB has 58/155 required INT and 48/76 required DEX. It would be nice if you updated the PoB with the added requirements on gear or passives, as it can give a skewed view of what gear/passives are needed and might become a lot more expensive on some pieces of gear.

All in all a super fun build and very strong! I love being able to learn as I go and the skill ceiling seems super high on this build, which is very rare for PoE builds!
Thanks a lot :)

1. Mana - with most melee builds you need to craft -7 cost of non-channeling skills on your rings and ammy, you then want to have a source of mana leech. This will make your boneshatter cost nothing and bring your warcries down to a manageable level.

2. Rotation is situational, the idea is to not be locked into needing to be constantly hitting a boss to kill it as melee. You capitalize on burst windows and leave time in between to deal with mechanics. Keep in mind this build was made for hcssf/gauntlet levels of play as it's what I personally use. You have a few things to keep in mind, mainly MORE multipliers.

1. Warbringer - sacrifice rage gain 50% more damage with exerted attacks
2. Berserk - 20% more damage
3. Intimidating cry - Double damage, intimidates boss
4. Hydro - essentially copies your damage offering you either 59% or 100% more depending on regular or divergent melee splash

You want to have nearly 100% berserk uptime on bosses which is obtainable due to them offering you 20 power per cry, you want your hydro placed on top of them. You want your banner planted for bannerman. You want your Vaal ancestral Warchief down.

When all of that is prepped you should ancestral>enduring>intim cry>Boneshatter x3>intim (this should GIVE you rage)>any cry (This should sacrifice rage for warbringer)>boneshatter x3 and then repeatedly go through balancing berserk and your warbringer uptime.

3. Impale, you can run the impale gem or take harpooner + a couple more impale nodes + dread banner. You should be dropping brutality over close combat if you need to run impale, you can also get impale on jewels. There's loads of ways to get impale capped and there's no specific way to go about it, ideally you can eventually drop impale support and run ruthless which will results in some massive singular hits when paired with all your more multis.

4. Well you definitely don't need 155 int, you can drop the level of hydrosphere to level 1 and it makes 0 difference, can also lower the level of your tempest shield without losing crazy value as well. Your only dex gems that will give you problems is blood rage and to a lesser extent second wind. Second Wind you really want at 20, blood rage is fine at whatever level is consistent with level 20 second wind. Being that we're on mainly rares with life/resists it's very easy to solve int and dex, in my two hcssf runs I've done on this build my int/dex were solved within 2 days or so.
Last edited by ChemistHCSSF on Nov 8, 2021, 8:09:19 PM
Hey thanks for the extensive write-up and answering all my questions!

I really am having a blast playing this build as it's very unlike any other build I've played. It definitely takes some getting used to but a lot of fun nontheless!

Hello

Nice guide and work done

Any videos of the build in action ?

Your strength is the law !!

MadG poe on youtube for mellee content
Hello I am kinda new, so I dont understand the game that much, but I wanted to ask question. In passive skill tree I see a lot of fortify skills, but in gems/skills there is nothing that would start generating fortify buff. Maybe I am missing something or might be really dumb, sorry :D
"
SaburouSmoky wrote:
Hello I am kinda new, so I dont understand the game that much, but I wanted to ask question. In passive skill tree I see a lot of fortify skills, but in gems/skills there is nothing that would start generating fortify buff. Maybe I am missing something or might be really dumb, sorry :D
On the tree, next to the Rampart node, we take a mastery that give us: "Melee Hits Fortify". Then every hit we deal out gives us Fortify.
Current league IGN: Teldra_Anc_LAD
Feel free to message me in game if I'm on.
"
grimjack68 wrote:
On the tree, next to the Rampart node, we take a mastery that give us: "Melee Hits Fortify". Then every hit we deal out gives us Fortify.

Oh, I am so blind, thank you very much.
I just found a brass dome in hc trade with this build, would you recommend using it?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info