Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

Chemist's 3.16 zerk boneshatter 20-60m dps, non crit, HCSSF Viable

"
Tastydrop wrote:
Second feedback. I'm with a 480 pDPS one handed axe and some other pretty sick items, with full ascendancy tree, at level 79 and I can barely do 16 maps. Is there some tricky accumulation that happens with the build at some point that I still haven't reached and that makes it good, or what? That hydrosphere merely slows me down, as I don't do enough damage anyway and it loses me 1 second to cast it place it while the boss is killing me.

TL:DR: Would really appreciate some feedback, since I cannot reach close to pob damage and tankyness with almost the same items (have the Watcher's eye as well). Cheers.

Are u abusing the fact that when u warcry under 20 rage with a boss around you are full rage again ? you can almost perma zerk if you play properly with your warcries. I admit the hydrosphere is kinda annoying tho
"
Tastydrop wrote:
Second feedback. I'm with a 480 pDPS one handed axe and some other pretty sick items, with full ascendancy tree, at level 79 and I can barely do 16 maps. Is there some tricky accumulation that happens with the build at some point that I still haven't reached and that makes it good, or what? That hydrosphere merely slows me down, as I don't do enough damage anyway and it loses me 1 second to cast it place it while the boss is killing me.

TL:DR: Would really appreciate some feedback, since I cannot reach close to pob damage and tankyness with almost the same items (have the Watcher's eye as well). Cheers.

Linking your pob and ideally a video of a t16 map would allow me to address this more effectively.

Hydrosphere is 59% more damage with normal melee splash, and 100% more damage with divergent melee splash. While it may be clunky, it doubles your damage.
Last edited by ChemistHCSSF on Nov 4, 2021, 8:53:32 PM
"
ChemistHCSSF wrote:
"
Tastydrop wrote:

Linking your pob and ideally a video of a t16 map would allow me to address this more effectively.

Hydrosphere is 59% more damage with normal melee splash, and 100% more damage with divergent melee splash. While it may be clunky, it doubles your damage.

I understand how it works, but problem is it doubles an already small amount of damage (with the 1H build, that is, I haven't played the 2H one). I dropped the build and I cannot even sell it's items, since no one is willing to play that combination - 1h axe + shield. It's just not a good build imho. I would much rather play a Saboteur in ssfHC than this build. It would be much easier and fun. I think the idea of this build can work with a Duelist or a Juggernaut, but not with the Berserker. The class is made for high dps dual wielding builds and not for max block ones that cast 10 different skills and still fail at the end-game content without a mirror invested in them.

TL;DR: I am annoyed at how bad the build was for my goals and my comment is dissing the build. Maybe I'm missing a ton of details, but still, I am good enough at the game to know when something's weak and I have made builds on my own, so I know I'm not completely talking out of my ass.

"
Tastydrop wrote:

I understand how it works, but problem is it doubles an already small amount of damage (with the 1H build, that is, I haven't played the 2H one). I dropped the build and I cannot even sell it's items, since no one is willing to play that combination - 1h axe + shield. It's just not a good build imho. I would much rather play a Saboteur in ssfHC than this build. It would be much easier and fun. I think the idea of this build can work with a Duelist or a Juggernaut, but not with the Berserker. The class is made for high dps dual wielding builds and not for max block ones that cast 10 different skills and still fail at the end-game content without a mirror invested in them.

TL;DR: I am annoyed at how bad the build was for my goals and my comment is dissing the build. Maybe I'm missing a ton of details, but still, I am good enough at the game to know when something's weak and I have made builds on my own, so I know I'm not completely talking out of my ass.

Im playing a quite similar zerker with only a 400dps axe right now, without hydrosphere and it tears trough content while beeing crazy tanky for what it is. I dont get whats your problem. You either do not know how rage/warcry builds work and how you need to manage those resources or you expect 20mil dps from a build that can facetank t16 scourge with nasty mods.

Also you are lvl 79 and complain you cant do T16 maps with a melee build? Maybee level a bit before you complain. You need a ton of passives for the defenses before you can touch end game red maps this league. I would go as far as saying that close to max spellsuppression, 30k + armour some block and a good form of recovery is the bare minimum to go into rare t16 maps with some damage modifiers.
Last edited by Zerber on Nov 5, 2021, 7:23:45 PM
"
Tastydrop wrote:

I am good enough at the game to know when something's weak

:/
kickass build!
had to regret following some other pobninjas before i found your build. it kills red maps while having crapgear found during leveling. its not a 1 button style but for the usual warcry abuse zerking action, this is a topnotch build for literally no investment while also being tanky and melting content
"
Tastydrop wrote:
"
ChemistHCSSF wrote:
"
Tastydrop wrote:

Well, let me start by saying level 79 is probably sub 14 hours of playing so you really didn't get into the build to make any sort of judgement. I also took a look at your tree, you were missing fortify nodes as well as tribal fury which is 100% mandatory for any strike skill to feel good. You're playing an armour based build without a basalt or a % armour suffix on flasks and you had a level 42 hallowed life flask on at level 79 as well as a rotgut which is a weird choice, no form of ailment immunity as well.

With that being said I would assume your gems were probably incorrect as well based on what I found on your gearless level 79 berserker. I haven't played much this league but I'm level 93 on hcssf with a8 sirus down and multiple others have posted videos in the discord and have had massive success with it. Rather than blindly allocating nodes and throwing together a scrap-tier flask setup it would be a better approach to next time analyze the PoB a bit more closely and have a better fundamental understanding of how the build operates and how it works. A new player may have issues with the limited available resources at the moment, but you've said you have made your own builds and have experience with the game so this really shouldn't have been problematic for you. The 1H version has more damage than any other melee build on ladder atm that isn't going crit abyssus. I'd also assume based on the above information that you had poor berserk and warbringer uptime which means you were missing out on 70% more multipliers and 20% RDT. Paired with not lining those up with the free double damage from intim cry and the additional 59/100% more you get from hydro I could understand how your damage would feel gimped. In the future consider playing a simpler build if you're wanting something you can pick up and run without allocating much thought to it.
Last edited by ChemistHCSSF on Nov 7, 2021, 5:40:46 PM
Hey guys! i've recently got my 6th link, been playing it super chill, but want to start doing A8 sirus and the rest of the endgame bosses, i don't have the damage yet, i think, what do you guys think would be my best upgrade?

I was thinking ryslatha's, and divergent melee splash, but i think i'm missing some more obvious updates to the build...

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/ewaroy/characters

or

https://pastebin.com/FgEsaCAt
I think spell suppression is the way to go, im sitting at 81% right now and it makes a huge difference. You need to spec into iron reflexes if you use spell supp. gear because you cant get it on pure armour bases.
"
Zerber wrote:
I think spell suppression is the way to go, im sitting at 81% right now and it makes a huge difference. You need to spec into iron reflexes if you use spell supp. gear because you cant get it on pure armour bases.

This is what most including myself do, I don't go IR though. I feel comfortable with 30k armour with flasks up

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info