[3.19] Boneshatter Jugg - Cheap to start with room to grow. Fast mapping/Endgame boss videos

Hey @Corosou, thanks for the updates
I look forward to try the Mettle in weapon switch for rampage :)

Learning PoE is a steep curve but learning to use your build (properly) is even a steeper one.
So, naturally could you help me climb one more step of understanding it please?

I tried to fiddle around with links and skills but some mechanics still elude me.
1. CWDT is only used for Molten Shell? No benefit of it being linked to Enduring Cry and Berserk?
2. You mentioned that you use the Warcry mastery to resolve Endurance Charge generation - but to generate them we have to manually activate Enduring Cry?
3. In what situations you use Pride? Only for some heavy bosses?
4. In the FAQ you mentioned how to maximize DPS - can we do the steps without Rotblood Promise? I cannot really equip it without messing up my res. That leads to the last question:
5. The build uses precision, vitality, determination, banner, herald and purity of elements. Are they all active at the same time or do you switch between them based on situation?

Sorry for the long list of questions and thanks in advance for the ongoing support!

PS if you ever cross Frankfurt area I owe you a beer :D

are starting maps and starting red maps gear and gems still valid?

"
dadek182 wrote:
Hey @Corosou, thanks for the updates
I look forward to try the Mettle in weapon switch for rampage :)

Learning PoE is a steep curve but learning to use your build (properly) is even a steeper one.
So, naturally could you help me climb one more step of understanding it please?

I tried to fiddle around with links and skills but some mechanics still elude me.
1. CWDT is only used for Molten Shell? No benefit of it being linked to Enduring Cry and Berserk?
2. You mentioned that you use the Warcry mastery to resolve Endurance Charge generation - but to generate them we have to manually activate Enduring Cry?
3. In what situations you use Pride? Only for some heavy bosses?
4. In the FAQ you mentioned how to maximize DPS - can we do the steps without Rotblood Promise? I cannot really equip it without messing up my res. That leads to the last question:
5. The build uses precision, vitality, determination, banner, herald and purity of elements. Are they all active at the same time or do you switch between them based on situation?

Sorry for the long list of questions and thanks in advance for the ongoing support!

PS if you ever cross Frankfurt area I owe you a beer :D

Hi, you're welcome!

Yes, it's the hardest game I've ever played and I'm still learning new things everyday.

1. Warcries cannot be triggered and neither can Berserk. Would you really want to anyway? You want to use Berserk at Max Rage, useless if it were to trigger when you had 5 Rage

2. Set your Warcry right over your Right Mouse Button/Movement bind, so it will automatically cast as you move. But you need to have "Call to Arms", so it's cast instantly and doesn't interfere with movement.

3. It's a damage buff, you use it whenever you want more damage. Always? Whenever you want to click it? It's your choice.

4. No. But I think this question is just you as a new player worrying over things you really shouldn't worry about. If you can't do it, then you can't do it, it's not all of the sudden going to break the build, you just do a bit less DPS. The build has a lot of DPS already...

5. Vitality/Precision are not really that important. During leveling they help a lot, but in endgame they are optional. If you have the Mana pool to fit them in, great! If you can't, ohh well... no biggie! We absolutely need Purity of Elements because with so many unique items I can't add more resistances, plus it makes us Immune to Elem Ailments, which is very very important in endgame. Armour for Juggs is now, more than ever, incredibly important, making Determination another mandatory. Dread Banner we need to be able to Impale 100% of the time, since it's a large chunk of our DPS. Herald of Purity is required because we use the Rings that boost it, as Replica Wings is a very fast weapon, but doesn't have much base damage itself.

Sweet, Thanks! I'm absolutely down for a beer in Germany. Who would say no to that? ;)

GL

EDIT: Actually, Berserk might be able to be triggered (would need to test), but again, you don't want it to be...
Last edited by corosou on Aug 24, 2022, 11:56:31 AM
"
SeeNone wrote:

are starting maps and starting red maps gear and gems still valid?

Hi,

Looking at your toon, seems like you already answered this question yourself.

GL
"
Decent placeholder until I can fix my resistances?
I didn't have enough evasion to be useful and all our spells are instant cast

While heisting I found a 6L Replica Wings of Entropy.
Because of how cheap it was I figured I'd use it until I found better

I also decided I wanted to try out the jug rework.

Been pretty smooth so far no deaths lv 69

Ready for later use if needed

Honestly, for 69 you are already way over geared, so you can do pretty much whatever you want at this stage.

You won't start noticing really needing to boost #-# Phys Dmg everywhere you can until you hit late yellow/red maps, but by then you have a lot of cheap gear options to go with

GL
Hey @Corosou, thank you a lot for all the explanations!!!

It makes a lot of sense and now the only thing left is the grind for the gear!

Thanks bro, you really saved a noob!
"
I have a 450dps Axe in stash paid 1c and crafted higher phys on it for 4c

that carried me from lv 55-62

I'm vet player and I know you said it in your guide but it needs to repeated to new players.

If your damage feels low Upgrade your weapon looking for high phys dps + attack speed (if you can find it)
Every 10+ level

But wings took its place simply because the speed makes Helix feel wonderful.

Nice one! And yes, Wings are King!

GL
"
@Corosou
Is survivability (EHP) really as good as POB says?

I don't think so, I saw those numbers too early on, but once you get to red maps it's much more realistic.

GL
3.19 Spectral Helix - Gear Update!

Hi Fellas,

I've made a lot of changes, so let's just get this done quick..

Here's the gear:

So, I've fit in the double Curse, optimized for Projectile Speed, more crit/pwr-charges/Onslaught, a HUGE buff to DPS from a ridiculous Kalandra Lake amulet (119% Crit Multi! WTF...), a sick Watcher's Eye and there's still TONS of room to grow..

Helix is feeling pretty good! I've done Difficulty 10+ Lakes and so far no complains. The only annoyance is Mana Leech on a single mob that won't let u get close to it. For those scenarios, you might want to swap Maim > Lifetap for bosses. Maim would go on Leap, which won't need Lifetap as you won't be Leaping too much inside a small boss arena.

Also, keep in mind I'm optimizing for Projectile travel distance, meaning the further the Projectiles travel, the more Damage they do. So It's best to not just stand right on top of a Boss, especially since the helmet has that downside where close projectiles don't hit at all. This is only a concern when the Projectile is first starting to rotate, so it's not even noticeable (unless you're silly and stand right on top of a mob). The proper way to play this is:

Leap > Helix > Helix > Leap > Repeat

I ran a few Pure Breachstone ROTAs last night and I pushed the clear to see what it could do, and I was able to clear alone, ahead of the 6man group ;)

Overall, I'm enjoying the build quite a bit!

Latest PoB: https://pobb.in/U6HxTSTHpoDS

GL
Last edited by corosou on Aug 24, 2022, 3:53:14 PM
Hi Corosou!

I noticed that on the medium cluster and on the megalomaniac we have "Ancestral Guidance", do we want to have it 2X or would it be better to get something else on one of the jewels?

Also, I was thinking - since we don't really need precision and vitality in late game could we replace them with something that would benefit the Herald of Purity? Just for more dps...

Cheers and thanks for posting updates :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info