[3.19] DO NOT USE - Fuzzy Duckzy's Lightning Strike Raider - Great League Starter

"
TakeItEZ wrote:

Boss-fight defense mechanics (which is different from mapping defense mechanics):
1. Ultra-high DPS to kill boss before boss can do anything dangerous.
2. Avoid one-shots by capping spell suppression at 100% and take at least some armour (10k+ armour should be enough) by adding granite flask and use determination instead of grace. Evasion is completely useless against bosses, because their dangerous moves are almost exclusively spell damage.
3. Healthy HP pool (4k+) and max resistance are also effective to prevent one-shots.

Thanks for the tips. It's cool that in forum thread help all newbies.
I'll try to use this in the next boss battles if I get to them. Not sure I'll get there, still unsuccessful in the league, already tired of playing without progress.
Great build love it :)
Hi,
I would need advice on what upgrades I should focus on. I deviated a bit from Fuzzy's build, mainly I added fortifications for defense. But I have very little damage. I will destroy the T16 boss thanks to 2x vaal LS, but the fight with the shaper takes an awfully long time and I did not kill the elder elder.

https://pastebin.com/srWDZia7
"
zatloluk wrote:
Hi,
I would need advice on what upgrades I should focus on. I deviated a bit from Fuzzy's build, mainly I added fortifications for defense. But I have very little damage. I will destroy the T16 boss thanks to 2x vaal LS, but the fight with the shaper takes an awfully long time and I did not kill the elder elder.

https://pastebin.com/srWDZia7

Mechanicwise, make sure you are fighting bosses at the double-hitting range.

Itemwise, if it's back in 3.17, I'd say Omniscience is the definite way to go, because Omniscience is a massive DPS boost to end game boss. However, Omniscience is so expensive in 3.18.

I've played this non-omniscience version in 3.16, and it was also mandatory to invest quite a lot to get satisfying single target DPS. Keep in mind that LS is NOT a bossing build, but "a mapping build which can also nuke bosses when you invest tens of exalts". LS raider is also a high investment high return build, so don't worry when you feel clunky on single target. It is normal, you just haven't invest enough (especially on your gems and claw).

The good thing is that it already has very fast clear speed at low investment, so I'd suggest to focus on farming juiced-up normal maps and sell all boss maps/fragments. Imo, an "inspired learning" jewel is the most cost-effective upgrade with both DPS and survivability, exclusively for clearing mobs in these juiced-up maps.

I also tried the "Perseverance + Brass Dome + Inspired Learning", the armour+evasion stacker combo, this league before I bought my Omniscience, and it was very tanky with decent DPS (took down my first Maven this league with this build). This gear set-up synergizes well with this tree since you have "melee hits fortify" mastery, and it is similar to the Champion set-up, less tanky than Champion but more movement/attack speed thanks to frenzy charges.
Last edited by takeitez on Jun 6, 2022, 7:21:50 PM
Thank you for clarification. So I'll try to focus more on mapping and then see if I invest in omniscience or try another build.
Is there a better guide / streamer PoB out there? This one feels woefully out of date and doesn't even mention spell suppression in the guide.
"
solomanstone wrote:
Is there a better guide / streamer PoB out there? This one feels woefully out of date and doesn't even mention spell suppression in the guide.

It does bring up spell suppression in the Defense section. The only thing out-of-date is not having a POB for using Omniscience (but it's not in the build so he would just be going out of his way to provide that).
Yeah, i don't see a lot of the updates that people have added over the past 4-5 pages here in the thread, specifically gear upgrades / spell suppression, the different gem setups, and the way to best handle bosses all seem left out of the updated guide.
"
solomanstone wrote:
Yeah, i don't see a lot of the updates that people have added over the past 4-5 pages here in the thread, specifically gear upgrades / spell suppression, the different gem setups, and the way to best handle bosses all seem left out of the updated guide.

What do you need to know about Spell Suppression? You get it to 100%, there's no mystery.
"
solomanstone wrote:

The build as set out is good enough to get you to end game. To really increase QOL you can look to get awakened lightning damage to replace cold damage in the 6 link. Awakened elemental damage also lets you not worry about ele reflect.

Divergent mark on hit also gives a small boost in damage to bosses.

Some good eldritch implicits to chase are: strike on gloves. +effect of elusive, +effect onslaught on boots, i also have gain a power charge every 15 seconds. As mentioned do not overwrite the cold implicit if you have a blizzard crown.

You can also look for +1 frenzy charges to gloves and shield. Then change annoint to disciple of slaughter.

Another option is take off the onlaughts nodes and spec across the bottom to the shield nodes and extra frenzy charge on the bottom of the tree (savagery)

If you have enough chaos on your gear, you can take off the choas wheel and look at a cluster jewel (I like martial prowess and fuel the fight).

Try and get gain flask charges with critical hits and I run all of them "when charges reach full".

...Just some ideas that were given to last league (non-omni build)...

EDIT: I just went from level 97-98 deathless with mediocre gear.
I've put about 7-8ex in to the buld so far.
Harvest, temple, and syndicate are all I do for extra content
KEY: Spec into shrines on your atlas.

https://pastebin.com/PWzUiy86
Last edited by ohmyitsSENSEI on Jun 7, 2022, 10:47:57 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info