Divine Shield and Ghost Dance suggestion to make it more hybrid

"
Kanjiedge wrote:
Based on the language used for similar passives and affixes, it probably completely prevents ES recovery above your armor/eva. This would be consistent with their intended use, as well

Ghost Shroud and Divine Shield aren't meant to give free stats to high energy shield characters, they're there to help armor/eva characters who want to squeeze in a modest amount of energy shield to supplement their life pool. That's why they reward you for having more armor or eva

Rewarding or requiring high ES and punishing low ES would make these nodes more suitable for pure ES characters, which is the opposite of their intended purpose

Not sure where it was said the purpose is intended to be weighted against ES characters. The Keystones interact with both mechanics. It'd be one thing if hybrid builds are encouraged elsewhere on the tree favoring ES, but there isn't. ES builds can dabble in Armour/Evasion, but are generally punished for it with bad mitigation, whereas dabbling in ES can be utilized by grabbing basically any source of flat shield regen through Zealot's Oath already. You can't make the same jump with Physical Damage Reduction or Evasion Chance.
Yeah, I mean that in the current state these Keystones look like I have to use them for free ~700 life-pool as ES and 50% stun avoidance if I play EV/AR, but if I respect ES and EV/AR equally (true hybrid) I really don't get a lot of advantage and can ignore them (a little sense here as these Keystones should be designed for hybrids).
#RussiaIaATerroristState
In the current state you need to adjust your build to use them. Obviously without new tree it is hard to be certain but here is quick example:

You take a cold dot occultist with 11k es in HC right now as a base.

They already use crown of inward eye for the most part. You switch from pure es shield to armour/es. Top end of armour/es shield is about 320 compared to 420 for es shields. So you lose about 700 es (due to defence from shield nodes). You add determination, and now you at 11.5k armour. Now lets look at the trade ofs:

Lost:
700 es
50% reservation aura

Gained:
10k armour
new defensive notable for es regen
..... Fortify (pretty sure that with 1400 armour shield you can still keep up fortify from shield chagre with how much it scales of armour now)

Seems like a major win to me and uses the new notable. This is purely comparison of between 2 builds in next patch so please done come in here saying we lost fortify bla bla. If we want to include overall patch changes it get a lot more complex and you can't make any real call until we have trees.
Last edited by Deathfairy on Oct 16, 2021, 2:29:23 PM
"
Deathfairy wrote:
In the current state you need to adjust your build to use them. Obviously without new tree it is hard to be certain but here is quick example:

They already use crown of inward eye for the most part. You switch from pure es shield to armour/es. Top end of armour/es shield is about 320 compared to 420 for es shields. So you lose about 700 es (due to defence from shield nodes). You add determination, and now you at 11.5k armour. Now lets look at the trade ofs:

Lost:
700 es
50% reservation aura

Gained:
10k armour
..... Fortify (pretty sure that with 1400 armour shield you can still keep up fortify from shield chagre with how much it scales of armour now)

Seems like a major win to me and uses the new notable. This is purely comparison of between 2 builds in next patch so please done come in here saying we lost fortify bla bla. If we want to include overall patch changes it get a lot more complex and you can't make any real call until we have trees.

1. It looks ok even without Divine Shield, but for some reason ppl still play pure ES. Ok, maybe in this league it will be used more often, but 50% reservation is still a high price to pay (counting in 50% from Discipline and reservation changes).
2. you go on a map with a 30% reduction of AR and get a 30% ES reduction as a "bonus".
3. Now compare it with pure AR build (with 3200 armour shield) and ~1k ES - they will constantly have 1k ES (effective health is HUGE). Who will win more from this "hybrid" Keystone: "pure AR + a bit ES" or "the pure hybrid"?
#RussiaIaATerroristState
"
VS_Revan wrote:

1. It looks ok even without Divine Shield, but for some reason ppl still play pure ES. Ok, maybe in this league it will be used more often, but 50% reservation is still a high price to pay (counting in 50% from Discipline and reservation changes).
2. you go on a map with a 30% reduction of AR and get a 30% ES reduction as a "bonus".
3. Now compare it with pure AR build (with 3200 armour shield) and ~1k ES - they will constantly have 1k ES (effective health is HUGE). Who will win more from this "hybrid" Keystone: "pure AR + a bit ES" or "the pure hybrid"?

Now you going into specifics territory, i have no clue but yes armor with some ES does look pretty good now with this, one of the key issues for not doing this before was lack of ability to get this es back. But that is the point now, you need to do hybrid defenses now matter how you look at it but pure armour/evasion/es builds are not looking good with current information, which is the reason why people are crying that this is a defensive nerf.
"
Deathfairy wrote:

Lost:
700 es
50% reservation aura

Gained:
10k armour

I've just done some PoBing with ES/Evasion cold dot and I have to say... in no way would I be able to get in another 50% Aura... be it Grace or Determination. Even if u cut out Discipline, u maybe want the new Tempest Shield and Temporal Flux or w/e its called, which both are reservation skills.
For it to work I would have to swap out Malevolence which would mean a whopping 20% damage loss and potentially more with a good watchers eye.

I doubt the reservation changes do it any good.
Imo they should have made Grace and Determination 35%, even tho they are strong... its still not worth it kinda.
Last edited by Sadaukar on Oct 16, 2021, 3:48:20 PM
"
Sadaukar wrote:

I've just done some PoBing with ES/Evasion cold dot and I have to say... in no way would I be able to get in another 50% Aura... be it Grace or Determination. Even if u cut out Discipline, u maybe want the new Tempest Shield and Temporal Flux or w/e its called, which both are reservation skills.
For it to work I would have to swap out Malevolence which would mean a whopping 20% damage loss and potentially more with a good watchers eye.

I doubt the reservation changes do it any good.
Imo they should have made Grace and Determination 35%, even tho they are strong... its still not worth it kinda.

No idea how were you able to pob ability to fit a 50% aura given we do not know the full changes. Obviously it will take investment, however for example of the masteries is reservation for discipline. How many points will it actually cost you to fit extra 50% aura now idea however, but saying there is no way to do this is total BS. It can be done, question is how many points it will cost. With new changes it will cost less points then before, noticeably less but how much we dont know.
we actually know, it's stated in the manifesto. They wrote something like u need x amount to fit in another 50% aura and they said how much the notables changed.

Sure there might be the odd mastery that changes a little bit, but I said "there is no way I could put in another one". Maybe u can for ur build, but I don't see myself doing it.

IIRC it was like 30% less investment for the first Auras to fit in than before. It's ok, but not huge.
Last edited by Sadaukar on Oct 16, 2021, 4:07:14 PM
"
Sadaukar wrote:
we actually know, it's stated in the manifesto. They wrote something like u need x amount to fit in another 50% aura and they said how much the notables changed.

Sure there might be the odd mastery that changes a little bit, but I said "there is no way I could put in another one". Maybe u can for ur build, but I don't see myself doing it.

IIRC it was like 30% less investment for the first Auras to fit in than before. It's ok, but not huge.

What you mentioned is only small part of the whole picture, small reservation cluster, new mastery (materies?) for reservation. 30% less reservation to fit in extra aura. All of these add up to to a lot, and no you have no way of making a bold statement that you can't. That is just strait up lie, yes you can even now it is just a question of how much you need to give up for it and trade off.

But rather then specifying what you would have to give up for it (and justifying how that will not be worth it, without really knowing how much you need to give up) you are give out bs statement that you can't.

At the VERY basic case you can drop damage aura and gain strait up massive defensive buff which then lets you get more damage nodes. Without pob and new tree you have NO WAY to say this is not viable period.
so u really want to tell me, that 40k evasion or 30k armour are worse than investing heavily in aura notes, just to get grace or determination that most likely don't give me the same stats + I lose potential damage?

Like I said, there might be a mastery that changes something, but I still don't believe it will be enough to justify the investment for ME.

If u think that's bold, to decide for myself... well so be it.

Also keep in mind that those masteries aren't free. They cost skillpoints aswell, that u have to sacrifice from other stuff.
Last edited by Sadaukar on Oct 16, 2021, 4:48:47 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info