Divine Shield and Ghost Dance suggestion to make it more hybrid

Ghost Dance
"
Problem:
Builds wanting to invest in both Evasion and Energy Shield rely heavily on Ghost Dance, requiring them to be a Trickster.

"
Every 2 seconds, gain a Ghost Shroud, up to a maximum of 3. When Hit, lose a Ghost Shroud and Recover Energy Shield equal to 3% of your Evasion Rating. Cannot Recover Energy Shield to above Evasion Rating.

Divine Shield
"
Problem:
Builds wanting to invest in both Armour and Energy Shield have no mechanic that gives a synergy between the two.

"
New Keystone Passive Skill called Divine Shield: 3% of Total Physical Damage prevented from Hits Recently is Regenerated as Energy Shield per second. Cannot Recover Energy Shield to above Armour.

Both these Keystones reward greatly if a player has a lot of AR/EV and little ES and punishing in case of a lot of ES and little AR/EV.

Suggestion: change to make it more hybrid, so one should be rewarded in case both stats are high enough: add punishing for low ES and/or reward for high ES (i.e. give AR/EV based on % of max ES).
#RussiaIaATerroristState
Last bumped on Nov 2, 2021, 9:30:27 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
They're not there to make CI-type characters stronger. The fact that you have to invest in armour/evasion to make them worthwhile is the point.
"

They're not there to make CI-type characters stronger. The fact that you have to invest in armour/evasion to make them worthwhile is the point.

The point is that they do not feel like "hybrid" passives, but more like "improvements for EV/AR" builds
#RussiaIaATerroristState
Last edited by VS_Revan on Oct 16, 2021, 7:29:00 AM
What I haven't understood is what "Cannot recover Energy Shield to above (Armour/Evasion Rating)" means in either passive. I want to say that's supposed to be the limit on non-ES builds, but what does it even mean?
"
Altemeus wrote:
What I haven't understood is what "Cannot recover Energy Shield to above (Armour/Evasion Rating)" means in either passive. I want to say that's supposed to be the limit on non-ES builds, but what does it even mean?

it could mean 2 things

if you have 8000 armor/eva and 10000ES

1) the keywtone mechanic can only recover up to 8000ES

or

2) your ES is ekpts at 8000 total regardless of gear/buffs
"
ciel289 wrote:
"
Altemeus wrote:

it could mean 2 things

or

For that example on #1, looking at Ghost Dance, healing 3% of your Evasion Rating would be 240 ES. It basically couldn't approach 8000. Armour is a little more complex, but even that I think would max at 3% of your Armour (spitballing mostly), giving the same effect.

And I can't say I understand your #2.

Edit: Not sure if this was what you're going for, but my theory is that it simply means that if your ES exceeds AR/EV, the regeneration won't activate above the AR/EV amount (so in the example, you won't heal above the 8000 ES mark if you're already at 8000/10000). If so, that's a very minor drawback in almost all cases, long as you at least slightly respect AR/EV. That said, both cases force large AR/EV amounts, and neither effects ES pool requirements, so I'm with OP. Only ES requirement is to have an ES pool big enough to take the regen, which seems light.
Last edited by Altemeus on Oct 16, 2021, 8:32:32 AM
"
Altemeus wrote:
"
ciel289 wrote:
"
Altemeus wrote:

it could mean 2 things

or

For that example on #1, looking at Ghost Dance, healing 3% of your Evasion Rating would be 240 ES. It basically couldn't approach 8000. Armour is a little more complex, but even that I think would max at 3% of your Armour (spitballing mostly), giving the same effect.

And I can't say I understand your #2.

ya you are right the first one isnt possible

for the 2nd one

if you have 1000 ES maximum and 800 EVA before taking the keystone you keep these numbers

after taking the keystone your ES would drop down to 800 at maximum,because the maximum ES you can have is equal to your EVA rating
"
ciel289 wrote:
Stuff

Late on the edit for the last one, but too lazy to move.

I'd say that one is about right, but instead of shifting max ES down, it simply blocks ES generation from the Keystone above 8000 in your case, but then ES recharge would presumably still go all the way to 10k.

Still seems light on ES requirements, I'd agree with OP.
"
Altemeus wrote:
"
ciel289 wrote:
Stuff

Late on the edit for the last one, but too lazy to move.

I'd say that one is about right, but instead of shifting max ES down, it simply blocks ES generation from the Keystone above 8000 in your case, but then ES recharge would presumably still go all the way to 10k.

Still seems light on ES requirements, I'd agree with OP.

isnt recovery global if it doesnt have leeching/flask etc after it?
Last edited by ciel289 on Oct 16, 2021, 8:48:20 AM
Based on the language used for similar passives and affixes, it probably completely prevents ES recovery above your armor/eva. This would be consistent with their intended use, as well

Ghost Shroud and Divine Shield aren't meant to give free stats to high energy shield characters, they're there to help armor/eva characters who want to squeeze in a modest amount of energy shield to supplement their life pool. That's why they reward you for having more armor or eva

Rewarding or requiring high ES and punishing low ES would make these nodes more suitable for pure ES characters, which is the opposite of their intended purpose

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info