petition! delete Sacred Orb and revert back quality vs new variable base defences! + more NEW scams

"
Lonely.Cat wrote:
While evasion is still caped at 75%

Evasion is capped at 95%, not 75%. Also, it rolls twice for determining crits.
+1, delete Sacred Orbs and just inherently increase the base ranges of base item defences as they currently are, simple.
"
Lonely.Cat wrote:
While evasion is still caped at 75%

I hope you just mistyped... I really do.
They could have expanded on underground mods and synth bases. Back when those where a thing.

Why should we try to pick up bases to orb them without a full declutter of the game?
Trade is dead … don’t worry about what other people are doing ….play SSF … it is a much more rewarding experience

All of the changes for 3.16 look fun, just like the changes for 3.15.

And for Sirius sake play a new build… I know I will

Cheers and happy grinding.
Ya know, it might say something about how shocked I was to learn that the Sacred Orb wasn't a joke, but the scam angle didn't even occur to me until I saw this thread. But... god damn, you're so right. If the Sacred Orbs are rare (which they will be, from what we know so far), there could easily be a 2-3 exalt price difference between "good" and "bad" rolls on ES gear (Shavs, Esh's Mirror, etc).

And because the stat is HIDDEN, it's going to be nearly impossible for players to verify at a glance that the item they're buying is the correct one; we'll all have to whip out our calculators and confirm that this is indeed a +17 Shav with 13% quality because of what the ES number is.

So we've got an entire league of ES gear taking 10 times longer to buy and sell ahead of us, because there's no scam protection in-game. Ugh.

Like... there are so many reasons why item variance is a bad idea, and so many parts of it which are bad, but the most shocking of all is that the variance stat is HIDDEN. Just... WHY?! Withholding explicit information benefits absolutely nobody. GGG, if you absolutely have to go ahead with this godawful concept someone conjured up in a fever dream after playing 20 straight hours of D2R (which you DO NOT), could you at least un-hide this stat? There's really no excuse for it not showing up under advanced item descriptions when we hold Alt.
"
Like... there are so many reasons why item variance is a bad idea, and so many parts of it which are bad, but the most shocking of all is that the variance stat is HIDDEN. Just... WHY?! Withholding explicit information benefits absolutely nobody. GGG, if you absolutely have to go ahead with this godawful concept someone conjured up in a fever dream after playing 20 straight hours of D2R (which you DO NOT), could you at least un-hide this stat? There's really no excuse for it not showing up under advanced item descriptions when we hold Alt.

How hidden will it be? We can now filter on quality, but I can't find anything on armor/es/evasion ranges. But they'll add that right?

Or do we have to look at every interesting base on the floor to check? I can't imagine..
Did you try turning it off and on again?
As a filthy SSF scrub, i doubt i should bother about some "oh-so-rare" pixel orb i'll most likely never drop, hehe, as well as that additional hidden number, unles it's unhidden somehow. Fuck perfectionism anyway, i can live with a bit less defenses, or a bit more.
"Path of Exile's engine is currently modern, lean and fast." - Chris Wilson, September 19th, 2019
+1 to delete sacred orb !
Ask yourself who benefits from this... who doesn't care about rarity?

Bots. Pretty simple. And people who trade with bots.
Last edited by Shagsbeard on Oct 12, 2021, 1:12:20 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info