Communication and the Sacred Orb

"So the next question was whether to allow players to modify base defences. Is it okay for an item to drop that has great mods and has a low base defence roll that can't be eventually fixed?"

This would be important if items dropped with great mods, which just doesn't happen, it's rarer to find an item drop with great mods than finding a stack of 3 mirrors out of a chest in act 1.

This feels like it was designed to come after loot 2.0. People still just don't pick up rare gear right now, will that be changing this patch?
Last edited by Quiksilver_1999 on Oct 11, 2021, 9:26:12 PM
Hello guys!

I want to introduce you a coding problem I have faced the other day.
int x = 2;
int y = 2;

So how do i do the calculus that would return (x+y)?

And here is a perfect decision I found!

while(true)
{

Random rnd = new Random();
int i = rnd.Next(Int32.MinValue,Int32.MaxValue);
int j = rnd.Next(Int32.MinValue,Int32.MaxValue);

if ( (i+j) == (x+y) )
{
Console.WriteLine($"Decision found! x+y is {(i+j)});
}

}

Never mind that this can cause a buffer overflow due to exceeding Int32 range, but could you please buy a supporter pack or two? Like, I mean, I have just solved a real problem right here!
Last edited by amogus on Oct 11, 2021, 9:28:08 PM
"
Nssheepster wrote:
"
HDTanel wrote:
Cant wait to never find one and then spend a fortune on ONE and it improving defences by 1 :)

No no.... To have it REDUCE defense to minimum, because of course it's great to spend a week or more worth's of progress to make your build objectively worse, right?

oh yeah i forgot I can reduce the number if I havent got the lowest roll :)
Mathils actual cat
Can we replace Chris Wilson with Hideo Kojima? I mean.. Chris is good... enough... But Kojima is Kojima.
"You're my Sword's canvas."
~Totes Adorbs.
I appreciate context... but you didn't tell us *why* you wanted to do this in the first place?

It's clearly not to add more defense, because it doesn't actually do that all the time. You've taken the quality craft (not mentioned at all in your current explanation here), so anything rolling below 10 is actually *worse* than before.

*why* do you think base type variability is a good thing? Like, there's already mods (plus item level), influence, sockets, links, and corruption to vary items from one to another. Heck, I don't think I've seen two of the exact same Rare 6-mod item unless it was mirrored. Why did we need *another* axis of variability, specifically one that either can't, or *effectively* can't be changed. No one ever wears white items after Act 1, so what *benefit* is there to the play experience? It just makes you feel bad when you drop an otherwise good item with a bad roll.

Ok, back to Sacred Orb:

Let's see... if it's going to be *giga* rare, why not make it an Armour Scrap instead of a Divine Orb? It just adds +1, no randomness.

Because in a random situation where you need, on average 6-10 of something that is 3x rarer than exalt, NO ONE will ever use them except for the 0.1%.

I play this game literally hundreds of hours *per month*, more than 1000 hours per league, on average, and I will never use these at that rarity.

OTOH, if it were "+1", I could see myself using 2 or 3 to hit the max roll on a *really* good item that rolled a few points below.

It seems like it's going forward in the current state at this point. Can you at least promise is this: If we still hate it after we play with it for a league (or a month), that you'll change it? Maybe even get rid of it?

Also, please stop targeting stuff at the top 0.1%. Even a lot of people who play this game more than most people work at their job don't reach those levels.

What percentage of players have Mirrored weapons equipped in any given league? Those are the players for whom you're currently designing crap like this.
Last edited by QQPQ on Oct 11, 2021, 9:34:51 PM
Guild Leader of the OFFICIAL HCSSF Guild.

Guild Thread: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2679775/page/1
Last edited by Anscendant on Oct 3, 2023, 6:03:42 PM
Guild Leader of the OFFICIAL HCSSF Guild.

Guild Thread: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2679775/page/1
Last edited by Anscendant on Oct 3, 2023, 6:03:47 PM
"
Anscendant wrote:
This is fine. No problems with this at all. As far as I understand it, this is purely a buff to our defences if even a 1% basetype is 1% more than what we previously had.

Only if you *never* used the quality craft on body, gloves, helm, boots, or shield. They took that craft away as part of this.

So your item's defense numbers will actually be lower than before if it has the same prefix (defense) mods and rolled less than 10 on this system. Assuming you would have crafted Quality before. Which, for ES gear at least, was 100% of the time, unless you had to craft a prefix (which means you were wearing sub-par or "starter" gear).
Perfect fossil several hundred times - hit 1%
Alteration several thousand times - double stun block recovery
Regal - T1 life on kill
Exalt - T1000 life regen
Sacred orb - minus 1% defence

Crafting as intended
Mark_GGG 2012
If you put on your full plate mail, and I throw hundreds of toothpicks at you, you'll basically not feel it.

If someone catapults a whole tree at you, don't expect the Armour to prevent as much of the damage.
"
Cobbo wrote:
A solution to a self-made problem

nice

Yep, pretty much what a video game is.....

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info