Path of Exile 3.16 Balance - Part 3 - Auras, Curses and Elemental Damage Over Time

"
Well, mfing was the only thing I enjoyed. Goodbye PoE, it was fun.

Those who did not spend enough time are happy. They do not have. Well now nobody will have... Logic...
"
groink19 wrote:
"
Robredo wrote:

Stuff like this is super easy to test. Just take your PoB from 3.14 unspec EE and EO and increase your gemlevel untill you reach the base dmg of the new values. And you will see that you loose alot of dmg probably 30-50% dependent on gear and overall tree. Now you try to remember how much of a struggle the build already was in 3.15 and you probably know that it's no longer at a point where it makes sense to play unless you like to suffer.

Man, it hurts to read this. It really does. The absolute misinformation just to push your own narrative.

Vortex can still be used with EO and EE!!!

EE sure you can use it but you can only have one source of exposure and everyone is already running frostbomb for -15% so you have the option to do the whole extra spell stuff for -10% resist + specing into it on the tree, I wouldn't call that worth it.
For EO did you read the text? It's hit and ailment damage. Vortex DoT is neither a hit nor an ailment so unless you are planning to go for a hit based Vortex build it does NOTHING even if you somehow manage to crt once every 8 sec WITH VORTEX and no other skill.
Last edited by Robredo on Oct 8, 2021, 4:10:15 PM
SO:
IGNITE = NERFED (LOST EE)
COLD DOT = HUGE NERF (LOST EE AND EO)
CHAOS DOT = GOT BUFFED
MINIONS = HUGE NERF

AND AGAIN U GUYS ARE NERFING EVERYBODY!!! NOT ONLY THE TOP END

WITH AURAS AND CURSES OK... BUT WITH DOT AND MINIONS... U GUYS ARE CRUSHING THE LITTLE GUYS...
"Damage reduced from 90% to 30% because of ignite"...?
Are a lot of normal elemental builds that do not run ignite going to suck now?
Dear GGG
You're literally pulling a Blizzard.
A ways back there was a build called support monk (hp barrier and other buffs for surviving greater rifts mostly). They killed it because it was "a required part of greater rift push parties."

So to enumerate how stupid this change is...
1. To stack that kind of passive point investment puts you literally spread across the entire passive tree, yeah you're good at reservation skills, AND LITERALLY NOTHING ELSE.

2. Aura stacking was meta for HALF a league. Let's be honest you don't hate aura and curse stackers for being meta, you hate them because you haven't bothered to make support playstyles outside of aurabots a thing.

3. Gear costs, to actually max this you have to run more CORRUPTED jewels than ANY OTHER BUILD IN THE GAME PERIOD. YOU DIDN'T MAKE IT EASY TO STACK THAT STAT. A maxed aura stacker costs more than ANY OTHER BUILD IN THE GAME PERIOD.

Oh your build requires three mirrors in uniques?

THIS ONE REQUIRES AS MANY AS 12+ MIRRORS IN PASSIVE TREE JEWELS ALONE.
REQUIRES, no minimum to efficiently function, REQUIRES TO ACHIEVE THE LEVELS OF POWER YOU BASED THESE CHANGES ON.

4. Deadass how many people actually play in parties anymore? Even most streamers don't run in parties. So yeah, NERF THE PLAYSTYLE THAT REQUIRES OTHER PLAYERS TO BE EVEN MODERATELY EFFECTIVE AT THE SAME INVESTMENT.

You'll literally let headhunter, a singular unique so damn powerful that it is effecting and has effected all boss encounter designs in the game, stay as is.

But god forbid you run 16 auras that may not even function with other people's builds. Or not even 12 curses because you NOT ONLY changed multiple of them to "marks" AKA single target only but STILL have the boss curse resistances in effect where you have to stack about THREE HUNDRED PERCENT CURSE EFFECT just to get the listed values.

5. SKILL SOCKETS, yeah we can run 16 auras guess how many sockets that takes of the MAXIMUM possible? MORE THAN HALF and that's if you're running with socket rings.

Oh but you can get aura skills as item mods.
Yeah because the passive investment wasn't strenuous enough let's start sacrificing the raw stats required to keep me alive.

P.S.
I bought ten plus aura skins over the years GGG.
Thanks for kicking the build I WANT TO MAKE in the nuts.

AGAIN

Sincerely,
No longer a paying customer.
So what happens to Auramancers (players that used to buff their minions through auras) are they dead or are the new aura effect clusters that will be for you... will also affect minions?
EE ... we can`t trigger it with totems that`s why we are currently using a faster-attacking skill(brand usually) to trigger it, I would love to trigger EE with the skill I`m using...with the new rework are we going to be able to trigger it with our own skills (TOTEMS)
Because the way I`m reading this ... it`s a 90% damage Nerf to any totem build that uses an elemental skill... if you lose EE and EO ... you might as well not play totems ... with elemental skills ..
"
Robredo wrote:

For EO did you read the text? It's hit and ailment damage. Vortex DoT is neither a hit nor an ailment so unless you are planning to go for a hit based Vortex build it does NOTHING even if you somehow manage to crt once every 8 sec WITH VORTEX and no other skill.

I'm pretty sure that the wording "Ailment Elemental Damage" includes Cold Damage over time. And it shouldnt be too hard to crit every 8 seconds.
totally agree they should kill the aura bots and introduce support for aura stackers I have been saying this since Delirium ... since I started playing the game ... aura stacker is a very fun way to play the game ... will always love the aura stacker playstyle... I hope they read through the feedback...
"
Irorone wrote:
Dear GGG
You're literally pulling a Blizzard.
A ways back there was a build called support monk (hp barrier and other buffs for surviving greater rifts mostly). They killed it because it was "a required part of greater rift push parties."

So to enumerate how stupid this change is...
1. To stack that kind of passive point investment puts you literally spread across the entire passive tree, yeah you're good at reservation skills, AND LITERALLY NOTHING ELSE.

2. Aura stacking was meta for HALF a league. Let's be honest you don't hate aura and curse stackers for being meta, you hate them because you haven't bothered to make support playstyles outside of aurabots a thing.

3. Gear costs, to actually max this you have to run more CORRUPTED jewels than ANY OTHER BUILD IN THE GAME PERIOD. YOU DIDN'T MAKE IT EASY TO STACK THAT STAT. A maxed aura stacker costs more than ANY OTHER BUILD IN THE GAME PERIOD.

Oh your build requires three mirrors in uniques?

THIS ONE REQUIRES AS MANY AS 12+ MIRRORS IN PASSIVE TREE JEWELS ALONE.
REQUIRES, no minimum to efficiently function, REQUIRES TO ACHIEVE THE LEVELS OF POWER YOU BASED THESE CHANGES ON.

4. Deadass how many people actually play in parties anymore? Even most streamers don't run in parties. So yeah, NERF THE PLAYSTYLE THAT REQUIRES OTHER PLAYERS TO BE EVEN MODERATELY EFFECTIVE AT THE SAME INVESTMENT.

You'll literally let headhunter, a singular unique so damn powerful that it is effecting and has effected all boss encounter designs in the game, stay as is.

But god forbid you run 16 auras that may not even function with other people's builds. Or not even 12 curses because you NOT ONLY changed multiple of them to "marks" AKA single target only but STILL have the boss curse resistances in effect where you have to stack about THREE HUNDRED PERCENT CURSE EFFECT just to get the listed values.

5. SKILL SOCKETS, yeah we can run 16 auras guess how many sockets that takes of the MAXIMUM possible? MORE THAN HALF and that's if you're running with socket rings.

Oh but you can get aura skills as item mods.
Yeah because the passive investment wasn't strenuous enough let's start sacrificing the raw stats required to keep me alive.

P.S.
I bought ten plus aura skins over the years GGG.
Thanks for kicking the build I WANT TO MAKE in the nuts.

AGAIN

Sincerely,
No longer a paying customer.

Totally agree they should kill the aura bots and introduce support for aura stackers I have been saying this since Delirium ... since I started playing the game ... aura stacker is a very fun way to play the game ... will always love the aura stacker playstyle... I hope they read through the feedback...
"
TommyBoy1987 wrote:

I was dead set on playing your 'walking Cursebot' next league, because leading parties through maps was the most fun I have had while playing POE, and Cursebots function as the natural group leader. Playing with a Cursebot friend was so much fun, I loved the way he lit up all the mobs and we just cut through them like butter. Please do an updated guide if they're still viable somehow.

I don't understand solo players' desire to nerf an aspect of the game they don't even engage in. I prefer playing in parties, it showcases other builds and creates lasting friendships. The nerfs feel akin to removing tanks and healers from an MMO, because they're too 'OP'. I could understand a bit of re-tuning, but these changes totally gimp supports classes into the ground. I am coping, seething, and cringing both internally and externally, in real life.

Cursebots should be viable still, you can still easily get x4 on a singular curse if you want or x3 on 3 different curses. AFter further contemplation the first 2 Doedre's Skin changes are actually fine and kinda warranted, the thing that really annoys me is the QoL stuff, making it have a cast time and mana cost will just make the skill feel worse with no other change. So for the most part you could just go the chaos version with a chaos carry and you arent losing out on that much but for the generalised curse version you will lose about 40% or so in power.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info