Path of Exile 3.16 Balance - Part 3 - Auras, Curses and Elemental Damage Over Time

"
"
joffxrey wrote:
I am pretty sure it was never intended that single character could run all this auras, doesn't matter how much currency it costs. currency acquisition isn't big of a deal for non-casual player. That archetype just reached a point where it got really out of hand, eventho it was in past too. Delirium just offered new highs for those players, which shouldn't have been allowed a first place. 100% delirium maps are a currency printing at this point with full party. Also if anyone thinks that 10 mirror is a lot in standard I have to break your bubble, it is not.

Lol so it was ok for like 8 years of the game and it suddenly isn't?

At that point you got to either admit you are very bad at design or that this is a core feature of the game and you should pay more attention to its rework than hur dur lets give it a hack job that ignores:

ALL THE MECHANICS THAT ARE DEPENDANT ON THE NUMBER OF AURAS YOU HAVE

THE GUARDIAN ASCENDANCY THEY KEPT NERFING BECAUSE THESE ARCHETYPES WERE 'OP'

THE STRENGTH OF ALL AURAS WHICH THEY KEPT MOANING COULD NOT BE BUFFED BECAUSE THESE ARCHETYPES WERE 'OP'

ALT QUALITY GEMS NERFED INTO THE GROUND BECAUSE THESE ARHETYPES WERE 'OP'

Taking a moment to look past the largest instance of player investment devaluing that GGG is going to do in the history of the game, how can I not be angry that so much is being taken away and nothing is being done about the issues that apparently were waiting for just this kind of change?

Except you missed the parts where they ARE buffing some individual auras, like determination/grace getting an additional bonus, and specific aura cluster notables getting an additional bonus. The changes mentioned here isn't all inclusive, they may well have adjusted the guardian ascendency and alt qualities too.
"
ekaye wrote:
I apologize if this has already been mentioned in this 100+ page thread, but are there any plans with regards to mines' reservations interacting with reservation efficiency? In particular, I'm worried that Essence Worm will be unusable for miners if it quintuples their reservations. Maybe make the modifier something like "80% reduced reservation efficiency of skills that don't throw mines"?

Based on the numbers, I assume negative reservation efficiency is calculated as if it were positive and then reversed. So 80% increased reservation efficiency would be 1/1.8 = 55.55% reservation = 44.55% reduced reservation. So for 80% reduced reservation efficiency, it would be 44.55% increased reservation, not 5x reservation. It's certainly a lot less intuitive and elegant than what we have now.
"
Zombero wrote:
"
ekaye wrote:
I apologize if this has already been mentioned in this 100+ page thread, but are there any plans with regards to mines' reservations interacting with reservation efficiency? In particular, I'm worried that Essence Worm will be unusable for miners if it quintuples their reservations. Maybe make the modifier something like "80% reduced reservation efficiency of skills that don't throw mines"?

Based on the numbers, I assume negative reservation efficiency is calculated as if it were positive and then reversed. So 80% increased reservation efficiency would be 1/1.8 = 55.55% reservation = 44.55% reduced reservation. So for 80% reduced reservation efficiency, it would be 44.55% increased reservation, not 5x reservation. It's certainly a lot less intuitive and elegant than what we have now.

Personally I would have treated Essence Worm and Memory Vault as special cases, and just give them more reservation. (not increased/reduced, and not efficiency, you calculate reservation cost based off efficiency then multiply that by the more reservation)

This would also deal with the edge case of someone wearing two essence worms, which unless they really do use a "positive and then reversed" formula, would just break the whole formula by turning the reservation negative.
"
Zombero wrote:
"
This can be given out much more liberally as a result, letting characters run additional Reservation Effects with only a couple of sources of Reservation Efficiency.

Why is this a good thing exactly? There are currently fewer reservation nodes on the tree than there are nodes for... channeling skills. If Reservation Efficiency is going to be a core stat that is substantially beneficial to virtually every build in the game, then shouldn't it be all over the place? Not that I'd want that, but I wouldn't want it to be something I'm always taking either.

In short, it isn't a good thing. They basically applied the "increased aoe" nerf to reservation reduction. The more you stack the less effective it actually is. Also reservation WAS all over the tree, which is why specing aurastacker/aurabot was such a pain because your passives are only matched in spread by a stat stacker using split personality gems.

They're trying to sell that the game is gonna be improved by running fewer auras and the builds since year one that have focused on running as many reservations effects simultaneously are getting nut punched again because the plebs get triggered over aurastackers that haven't been meta since delirium while ignoring headhunter cyclone build #9012.
"
zsirfoka wrote:
Standard elitist's and RMT's cry bring tear to my eyes. GGG might have killed Gladiator, but killing aura stackers/aurabots worth it. If only they would kill FR hiero too, that's called balance baby.

You're like a reverse Syndrome from The Incredibles only not even witty.

When everybody's not special everyone will be special.

Can't wait to see them apply "diminishing returns" to damage calculations and watch the same people celebrating the aura changes scream.
"
Psaakyrn wrote:
"
"
joffxrey wrote:
I am pretty sure it was never intended that single character could run all this auras, doesn't matter how much currency it costs. currency acquisition isn't big of a deal for non-casual player. That archetype just reached a point where it got really out of hand, eventho it was in past too. Delirium just offered new highs for those players, which shouldn't have been allowed a first place. 100% delirium maps are a currency printing at this point with full party. Also if anyone thinks that 10 mirror is a lot in standard I have to break your bubble, it is not.

Lol so it was ok for like 8 years of the game and it suddenly isn't?

At that point you got to either admit you are very bad at design or that this is a core feature of the game and you should pay more attention to its rework than hur dur lets give it a hack job that ignores:

ALL THE MECHANICS THAT ARE DEPENDANT ON THE NUMBER OF AURAS YOU HAVE

THE GUARDIAN ASCENDANCY THEY KEPT NERFING BECAUSE THESE ARCHETYPES WERE 'OP'

THE STRENGTH OF ALL AURAS WHICH THEY KEPT MOANING COULD NOT BE BUFFED BECAUSE THESE ARCHETYPES WERE 'OP'

ALT QUALITY GEMS NERFED INTO THE GROUND BECAUSE THESE ARHETYPES WERE 'OP'

Taking a moment to look past the largest instance of player investment devaluing that GGG is going to do in the history of the game, how can I not be angry that so much is being taken away and nothing is being done about the issues that apparently were waiting for just this kind of change?

Except you missed the parts where they ARE buffing some individual auras, like determination/grace getting an additional bonus, and specific aura cluster notables getting an additional bonus. The changes mentioned here isn't all inclusive, they may well have adjusted the guardian ascendency and alt qualities too.

If all alternate quality gems going back to what it was during heist and they add little buffs to all auras like det/grace/putEle, im good with it.
STOP NERFING AURA
This is awesome, I barely started to play and in my first league I managed to do all of the relevant end game content AND witness my build being deleted! the full PoE experience in less than three months!
need more nerfs to aura as its still will be best for party and duo

also petition https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3185980
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead
"
Zombero wrote:
"
ekaye wrote:

That would be fine if it's what they're going to do, but it's not consistent with their usual number system, where having a net 100% Reduced quantity means it's zero (e.g. 100% Reduced Reflected Damage taken to be reflect immune, unless you're Shocked). So I'm crossing my fingers for your concept, but I'm not counting on it.
"
ekaye wrote:
"
Zombero wrote:
"
ekaye wrote:

That would be fine if it's what they're going to do, but it's not consistent with their usual number system, where having a net 100% Reduced quantity means it's zero (e.g. 100% Reduced Reflected Damage taken to be reflect immune, unless you're Shocked). So I'm crossing my fingers for your concept, but I'm not counting on it.

They pretty much have to do it this way, otherwise the formula completely breaks down if you wear two essence worms.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info