Path of Exile 3.16 Balance - Part 3 - Auras, Curses and Elemental Damage Over Time

"
Riverwind77 wrote:
League looks very promising with all those changes and buffs, meta will change again, and as always plenty of op builds to play with.

Ignore the same haters as always, they just want to faceroll the game, they dont and wont understand how this game is meant to be played.

what buffs all i see is nerfs to the only good build left in the game aura stacker they even nerf cold dot rofl what a joke
"
Riverwind77 wrote:
League looks very promising with all those changes and buffs, meta will change again, and as always plenty of op builds to play with.

Ignore the same haters as always, they just want to faceroll the game, they dont and wont understand how this game is meant to be played.

Oh do tell how is this game "meant" to be played?
Yet another cyclone build?
Oh how about frenzy?
Ice spear?
Magic find/Item quantity? (Oh wait one of those supports doesn't even exist anymore HA).

How about RF marauder? Oh wait that build that was one of their community featured has been nerfed SEVERAL times and hasn't been "faceroll capable" in YEARS.

Even the aurastackers didn't always faceroll in DELIRIUM because certain things were classified as AURA DAMAGE. Meaning all that "increased effect of auras on you" actually got them killed virtually instantly by certain sources.

"
joffxrey wrote:
I am pretty sure it was never intended that single character could run all this auras, doesn't matter how much currency it costs. currency acquisition isn't big of a deal for non-casual player. That archetype just reached a point where it got really out of hand, eventho it was in past too. Delirium just offered new highs for those players, which shouldn't have been allowed a first place. 100% delirium maps are a currency printing at this point with full party. Also if anyone thinks that 10 mirror is a lot in standard I have to break your bubble, it is not.

I honestly don't care what GGG intends at this point.
They didn't plan of RF marauder early on.

They featured it, then proceeded to nerf about everything that made it vaguely viable. They've nerfed a LOT of cluster jewel passives since delirium and they changed the ONE that really made aurastackers powerful.

Guess what else they've nerfed because they didn't like?

Poison builds, a few times. Only the first one was necessary because Jousis got them convinced it was a DDOS attack.

Minion builds, a few times. God forbid that a build that invests heavily in minions has minions that can deal damage.

Aurastackers/Aurabots, because a game that literally survives on MTX sales they don't want you to have the most MTX possible build survive.

But as I keep mentioning they haven't ONCE touched the likes of headhunter. An item SO POWERFUL that a build basically isn't considered a good map runner unless you have room for it. You think I'm joking for every one of these streamers that has an aurabuddy they seem to just GLOSS OVER the headhunter driving the tip of the spear through EVERYTHING except boss only encounters.

Yeah there's LOTS of mirrors in standard BECAUSE THAT'S WHERE ABOUT EIGHT YEARS OF THE GAME'S CURRENCY IS.

Now try farming up "lots of mirrors" with out being the likes of empyrian who has guildmates to optimize alongside. To get up to those levels as a "solo player" you'd have to multibox six accounts.
Last edited by Irorone on Oct 11, 2021, 4:22:32 PM
Standard elitist's and RMT's cry bring tear to my eyes. GGG might have killed Gladiator, but killing aura stackers/aurabots worth it. If only they would kill FR hiero too, that's called balance baby.
Last edited by zsirfoka on Oct 11, 2021, 5:47:30 PM
"
This can be given out much more liberally as a result, letting characters run additional Reservation Effects with only a couple of sources of Reservation Efficiency.

Why is this a good thing exactly? There are currently fewer reservation nodes on the tree than there are nodes for... channeling skills. If Reservation Efficiency is going to be a core stat that is substantially beneficial to virtually every build in the game, then shouldn't it be all over the place? Not that I'd want that, but I wouldn't want it to be something I'm always taking either.
It's a sad day. I've really enjoyed this game for the past couple years but maybe it's time to move on. What upsets me most isn't even the long list of nerfs, it's that Chris basically went on all those streamer interviews and lied to everyone's face saying there's no backlog of nerfs left after 3.15.

What's even more cowardly I find is that they don't have the balls to admit what they did is massive nerfs after 3.15. They purposely phrased things such that it isn't clear whether some things are buffs or nerfs thinking they are smart like that. The folks who dug into the actual math for elemental DoT changes know it's a MASSIVE nerf. If you don't know why, here's a clue--EE and EO are TWO-THIRDS of your Sirus DPS. You will never make that up with the comparatively puny bumps up and additional "investment opportunities." RF for example, took almost a 70% hit in 3.15. At super high investment, you now have 1-2MM sirus dps. Running the numbers on the proposed 3.16 changes and making very generous allowances for their additional investment opportunity, leaves me seeing at minimum another 25-35% cratering of DPS on top of 3.15's. I'm talking a build that needs a few hundred ex will struggle to do much more than 1 MM Sirus dps. Let that sink in for a bit.

I've only played one aurastacker (heist) but wanted to enlighten those who have never played one on one particular aspect that those folks seem to not know: Aurastacker does NOT scale linearly or anything close. You basically do like <50k dps until you hit that huge critical mass of investment. It's logarithmic scaling and ramps VERY slowly. So no, this change did not nerf aurastackers such that they are just weaker. They flat out don't work. Period. To be clear, I'm not advocating to keep them, I just felt it was important for those who never played one to know what they are talking about.

And finally, for those of you cheering build types getting deleted because you don't play them, remember this--what made this game great and keeps it alive is the thriving community. If everyone who didn't play what you did got fed up and left, you won't like the game anymore due to how empty it is. In the past, the exit of players can be made up for by the entry of new ones. But GGG decided to massively crank up the campaign difficulty for some reason, which will serve to quickly frustrate most new players. Effectively, they have stopped the influx of new players while also bleeding veterans. Guess what, that isn't a recipe for long-term success.

I liked this game, I really did. I didn't want to see it go this way. I don't play most of the builds heavily affected but I know others do and those others will stop playing in droves. A community base that shrinks at an alarming pace is not a game that has a future.
"
McJaaq wrote:
"
Primaeus wrote:
Can we have more than 100% aura efficency?

yes, with diminishing return.

for each 50% effect you can add an extra 50% aura.
Gotta love this cry here. These changes are good for this game and making it better. Before expedition game was like farm first two weeks to get stuff for all builds that you wanted to test and get bored thats it. There never was really nothing to do. But now you have to actually play the game. Love it ty ggg <3
"
"
joffxrey wrote:
I am pretty sure it was never intended that single character could run all this auras, doesn't matter how much currency it costs. currency acquisition isn't big of a deal for non-casual player. That archetype just reached a point where it got really out of hand, eventho it was in past too. Delirium just offered new highs for those players, which shouldn't have been allowed a first place. 100% delirium maps are a currency printing at this point with full party. Also if anyone thinks that 10 mirror is a lot in standard I have to break your bubble, it is not.

Lol so it was ok for like 8 years of the game and it suddenly isn't?

At that point you got to either admit you are very bad at design or that this is a core feature of the game and you should pay more attention to its rework than hur dur lets give it a hack job that ignores:

ALL THE MECHANICS THAT ARE DEPENDANT ON THE NUMBER OF AURAS YOU HAVE

THE GUARDIAN ASCENDANCY THEY KEPT NERFING BECAUSE THESE ARCHETYPES WERE 'OP'

THE STRENGTH OF ALL AURAS WHICH THEY KEPT MOANING COULD NOT BE BUFFED BECAUSE THESE ARCHETYPES WERE 'OP'

ALT QUALITY GEMS NERFED INTO THE GROUND BECAUSE THESE ARHETYPES WERE 'OP'

Taking a moment to look past the largest instance of player investment devaluing that GGG is going to do in the history of the game, how can I not be angry that so much is being taken away and nothing is being done about the issues that apparently were waiting for just this kind of change?

It was never "OK" but it got even more problematic. Aurabot back then didn't even have 50% capability of aurabot now, also game was very different in past. People were exalt orbing maps, is that okay for todays standards? Probably not.
That whole archetype of stacking absurd amount of auras is clearly deserved what it got, since balancing game doesn't only happen for low end players. Yes because of that alt quality gems got nerfed and it was justified as sad it is, because again that archetype is based on unhealthy interactions, which never was intended.
Also as I said currency isn't the problem for full party. Watch empy stream and how much his party is making.
I understand that you are angry and you should be, but if you gonna look at bigger picture it is clearly better for the game. Builds/archetypes come and go, this game is pretty old and nothing new happened if you have played decent amount.
Last edited by joffxrey on Oct 11, 2021, 7:42:37 PM
"
joffxrey wrote:
It was never "OK" but it got even more problematic. Aurabot back then didn't even have 50% capability of aurabot now, also game was very different in past. People were exalt orbing maps, is that okay for todays standards? Probably not.
That whole archetype of stacking absurd amount of auras is clearly deserved what it got, since balancing game doesn't only happen for low end players. Yes because of that alt quality gems got nerfed and it was justified as sad it is, because again that archetype is based on unhealthy interactions, which never was intended.
Also as I said currency isn't the problem for full party. Watch empy stream and how much his party is making.
I understand that you are angry and you should be, but if you gonna look at bigger picture it is clearly better for the game. Builds/archetypes come and go, this game is pretty old and nothing new happened if you have played decent amount.

Yes, nerfing aurabots could be good for the game. These nerfs? No. It needlessly deletes solo aura stacking (which we were told 2 months ago wasn't going to happen), goes beyond what was necessary to make aurabotting sane, and adds mechanical bloat with this less intuitive (and less interesting) Reservation Efficiency system.
Last edited by Zombero on Oct 11, 2021, 8:39:55 PM
I apologize if this has already been mentioned in this 100+ page thread, but are there any plans with regards to mines' reservations interacting with reservation efficiency? In particular, I'm worried that Essence Worm will be unusable for miners if it quintuples their reservations. Maybe make the modifier something like "80% reduced reservation efficiency of skills that don't throw mines"?
Last edited by ekaye on Oct 11, 2021, 10:43:01 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info