Path of Exile 3.16 Balance - Part 3 - Auras, Curses and Elemental Damage Over Time

"
TommyBoy1987 wrote:
"
dsdfgoirth wrote:
With so many auras play only aurabots, cursebots and necromancers. Fuck aurabots, fuck cursebots, fuck necromancers.

"
Fallbringer wrote:
I savour the tears of these aurabot/stacker crybabies. Feels so good.

"
M0rf0g3n3sis wrote:
Laughed so hard at these auracucks crying XD

BAHAHA this idiot is talking about murdering ALL CONTENT with 2c when it takes at least HALF that just to get alpha's howl.

LITERALLY THESE BRAINLETS THINK THAT ONE CHAOS IS ENOUGH TO DO THE REST OF THE SCALING FOR AN AURASTACKER.
"
firelite1991 wrote:
anyone has thought about bots? I mean dualboxed bots

Oh I have and honestly it's the reason that it's all still stupid to make these nerfs. If you go THAT far NOTHING ABOUT THIS GAME IS HARD.

14 auras on a single build? MIRRORS in gearing.

Multibox six builds and you can have every aura and blasphemable curse up and running and still have two or three characters for pure damage output. People WANT to play normal and still have fun but at this point...

BRING ON THE CHINESE GOLD FARMER BOTS...
OH WAIT THEY OWN GGG HAHAHAHAHA

But OH NO the aurabots/aurastackers will BREAK the game with their continued existence. BAHAHAHA

This game has every possibility to be TRULY great, because let's be honest the two reasons this game got so big are thus

1. Blizzard being an even BIGGER pack of morons than GGG with the most well known ARPG IP in gaming history.

2. Being a free to play. If they charged up front AND had all these ridiculously expensive MTX the game would be envying WOLCEN'S position right now.

So.... is this an overall buff or nerf to RF builds?

Pro: Increased base damage, increased number of RF multipliers, increased strength of flammability, more sources of life regen, more sources of max elemental resistance.

Con: Increased damage to self, no more Ele Overload, EE doesn't stack with other sources of exposure
"
Please make sure that aura effect modifiers say "effect on yourself and minions"

Aura based characters arent entirely just stackers and supports.

Minion survivability already took a hit in 3.15 with minion damage support change.

Looks like it's taking another hit.

Stealth note in one of the points: "Sentinels of Purity summoned with Herald of Purity now have 40% less Life. Because of base Ignite damage changes, Ignite with the skill is now 50.0% higher when using the Death Wish skill from the Maw of Mischief Unique Helmet."

Granted sentinels of purity are auto-built, but still, considering that minion instability exists and can theoretically ignite in that manner (that and Death Wish also works on more than just Heralds of Purity)...
Last edited by Psaakyrn on Oct 11, 2021, 7:27:35 AM
"
Mhmmm sweet tears of all those aura lovers.

Good riddance to bad rubbish.

Say what? i don't aura and I don't care but nerfing crap is bad and so are you .
Nothing much to say here... All ppl who favour X build are always gonna be "meeh" when it gets some sort of nerf, all other will be "well ok time for some changes this is great" and accept things as they are.

There is absolutely no way, in every RPG-type or similar games that EVERYONE will be equally satisfied with changes, so the only thing you can say is if you dont like the changes to your build(s) either just try something else or just don't play, its that simple. Regardless how many times they change stuff there is always gonna be ppl that complain about X change or Y change cuz why not...

Much like in real life when something is not happening your way you either adapt or give up ;) Strive to make positive of anything that doesnt seem good to you on first sight.

Peace out xiles.
I am pretty sure it was never intended that single character could run all this auras, doesn't matter how much currency it costs. currency acquisition isn't big of a deal for non-casual player. That archetype just reached a point where it got really out of hand, eventho it was in past too. Delirium just offered new highs for those players, which shouldn't have been allowed a first place. 100% delirium maps are a currency printing at this point with full party. Also if anyone thinks that 10 mirror is a lot in standard I have to break your bubble, it is not.
Last edited by joffxrey on Oct 11, 2021, 8:07:56 AM
"
joffxrey wrote:
I am pretty sure it was never intended that single character could run all this auras, doesn't matter how much currency it costs. currency acquisition isn't big of a deal for non-casual player. That archetype just reached a point where it got really out of hand, eventho it was in past too. Delirium just offered new highs for those players, which shouldn't have been allowed a first place. 100% delirium maps are a currency printing at this point with full party. Also if anyone thinks that 10 mirror is a lot in standard I have to break your bubble, it is not.

OK, if 10 is not a lot, I will gladly take 1 from you! =)
P.S. Dont offer me more, I actually need exactly 1.

Thanks in advance!
"
Psaakyrn wrote:
So.... is this an overall buff or nerf to RF builds?

Pro: Increased base damage, increased number of RF multipliers, increased strength of flammability, more sources of life regen, more sources of max elemental resistance.

Con: Increased damage to self, no more Ele Overload, EE doesn't stack with other sources of exposure

Captain Lance outlined the numbers and it's looking pretty rough. It's looking like you probably output more at the high end, but at low to mid tier investment it's probably about ~20-30% less damage.
Community feels very divided around this and it is a toxic discussion around aura topic. But i still want to express my opinion in the matter.

Every league i do one build i want to do and farm with that then i switch over to an aurabot to help my friends improve their builds and farming in higher end content. I am not a pro and i dont get richer then about a total of 60ex total worth in a league in about 500+ hours spend and an aura bot isnt cheap or super easy to optimise and stack up what you need to get more then decent effects. and most of the stuff you have to craft urself.

And I almost have to spend all that i earned into the build and scrap my other to afford it. I like to play support char i every other game that i can, support is my thing support is my role to help others, and it was a big part in this end game for me. now its sadly very very negated. because top 1% is abusing the system with full party's. This is in my opinion another change that is hitting lower base of players more then top 1% much like the support gem.

If they do full party now i asume they can have optimise 2-3 auras each and make them better then normal = running full party as they will, they will still benefit of full auras and curses now as before.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info