Path of Exile 3.16 Balance - Part 2 - Core Character Defences and Recovery

"
JackTheHealer wrote:
Hmm... Some good things, and a lot of bad ones as well...

Dodge is dead.
Flesh and stone is dead.
Tempest shield is dead.
Trickster has lost his identity.
Gladiator has lost his identity.
Juggernaut endurance charges stacker is dead.
Blind is beyond dead.
Raider has been nerfed hard (and I bet that is not the only nerf).
Cluster jewels nerfed again.
Memory vault is extra-dead.
Some shadow damage nerfs that seem to have been hiden in plain sight.
Fortify is dead for 50% of the builds.
That spell supresion nonsense is useless.

BUT...
Energy shield buffed.
Armour and evasion heavily buffed.
... And that's it folks.

Energy shield stacking armour + evasion somehow with guardian? Sure, I'll give it a try but it looks like another skip for me :)

Hey its another 0 achievement dude spreading hate because he didnt understand a single sentence in the patch notes.

"Spell supresion nonsense is useless" your lack of arguments is bozo level
Diablo 2 > Diablo 1 > Diablo 4 > Diablo > Torchlight > Titan Quest > Grim Dawn > Diablo Immortal > Path of Exile 2 > Path of Exile.
You know what is the solution for everyone that don't like the changes? Just move to another game since GGG doesn't care about people that dislike patch changes. Maybe some massive players count drop will speak to them - words are useless.
For all intents and purposes, the problem with armour still remains. The problem was never "it doesn't mitigate damage effectively" (well, it kinda was), but instead it was "I have NO IDEA how much I'm being hit for). In the example you use a 2K damage hit, where is that happening mostly? Act 6? Maps? How much does a particular white enemy, in a white map, hit for, for me to know 10K armour is decent? Or 20K? How can I calculate that mitigation, if I have no idea of the damage that's being dealt to me? When you take into account mods that add damage to enemies, it's even worse.

Just make armour reduce damage by a perfect percentage. If I have 10K armour, that reduces physical damage by 10%. Or 20%. Or something. If I'm stacking armour, I take less damage from physical hits, period. Not "I take less damage given how much damage is actually being dealt to me, because this a calculation based on 30 others calculations".

Does the change mean that if an enemy hit me for 15K damage and I have 10K armour, my armour is completely pointless? It mitigates nothing? Come on.
Problem: Gladiator was meta for more than 0 leagues.
solution: delete gladiator's best node and turn it into a trash
:D gj gigigi
Nice, now if you only smooth out the monster damage in some instances to get rid of the one-shots we'd be in a great spot I think.
In game contact @MajorAsshole

Challenge T-Shirt: 4/6 | Full Challenge Totems: 21/27
"
Problem:
A few specific mechanics grant a lot of Life Regeneration, especially with Endurance Charge stacking, but for many other sources Life Regeneration is not very powerful.

Solution:
Remove various sources of Life Regeneration per Endurance Charge or lower their values, review effects that give Life Recovery Rate and high values of Life Regeneration. Add new passives in the Strength area of the tree that grant Life Regeneration and one source of increased Life Regeneration Rate.

Noo please don't murder Jugg anymore than it already is lol. No one plays it already. :/

Very interested in this melee damage affecting Fortify power. I like it. Can;t wait for more info.

Otherwise the changes seem very smart and much better explained this time around. <3
Last edited by HeroEvermore on Oct 6, 2021, 6:31:04 PM
"
hyyyben wrote:
"
dovaY wrote:
JUST delete the gladiator already , first nerfing bleed to the ground , now deleting what it was good for which is blocking by cutting the blocking to 50% and introduce "LuCky" blocking , like really tell me now why anyone wants to play glad after this good bye my fav class. rest in peace poe.

Jeeesh youre dramatic...wait for the patchnotes..Versatile combatent will be replaced, by something else..what exactly isnt set in stone just yet.
You can still cap block in attack / spell, it will take more of an investment though. IT will still be easier for the gladiator than for any other class.

The bleed part of the glad isnt nerfed into the ground ?

If youre having trouble building something with a decent bleed dmg, then you should follow a build guide. Or ask the community for help...

check my glad at expedition and tell me please how to increase the damage without extra 20 ex investment over the 35ex already in ?
I don't know why but this patch notes don't inspire that much trust... Oh well, we shall see I guess.
"
xMustard wrote:
and now it is absolutely confirmed. i will never touch this game again

"
Dodge and Blind provide more mitigation for fewer passive points and item slots than any other defence type. Attack Dodge does this in a form that is almost identical to Evasion but is far more efficient.

this is hilarious to me. because this has literally been the case every since i started playing the game, back in open beta.

i guess they've literally nerfed every single option to the point where this is next on the chopping block!

remove dodge and now just giving evasion characters mitigation instead of avoidance. really seems like you guys are confused and scrambling.

good luck with your future endeavors. goodbye

You shan't be missed, and it's obvious that you don't understand the complexity of balancing a game like this to ensure it's long term survival. Giving players MOAR POWER AND MOAR DEFENCES = boring game. Either get gud or get out.
The text shows a decrease in the number of defenses layers, but weakly reveals the part that compensates for this.

It's too early to say without a passive tree and actual numbers, but so far it looks like nerfs.
May peace be with you, exile.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info